PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a solo, few questions.

Dell_XPS
05-06-12, 14:47
A m8 is getting his solo sometime this week, said I'd give him a hand to set it up, I know how to setup a Vu Duo & an Ultimo, can I just use a usb stick for epg,picons, and recording ?
Does the solo see the usb stick as a hard drive ?, I take it I will have to initialize the usb stick first ?, in the menu options for epg I'll just set it to HDD for the epg ?
Cheers Phoenix as I Know you'll be on the ball with this one...lol

Larry-G
05-06-12, 14:52
well i dont have a solo but as far as i know you can use a USB stick as a HDD substitute albeit a poor one, you must make sure that the USB stick is mounted as a HDD inorder to use the record function though.

also dont forget that to use kernel 3.1.1 based images you must also be running the latest solo bootloader which is currently v 2.0, dont forget that bit as you can actually brick the box if you dont upgrade the bootloader before trying a kernel 3.1.1 image ( bootloaders available from the image threads or download directly from the OpenViX server ).

Dell_XPS
05-06-12, 15:10
Its a genuine one bought from WOS :-), I'm sure he's got them to stick the latest 2.4 image on it, so should be good to go :-), why dont you have a solo ?....im kdding :-)

Larry-G
05-06-12, 15:12
yeah you should be good to go then mate. and yup i really dont have a solo. dont have any Xtrends either LOL.