PDA

View Full Version : Backed up image question.

Dell_XPS
05-06-12, 14:04
Installed 2.4 yesterday on my Ultimo, :-), made an image back up, can view the files on my Imac via the Ultimo, once the files/folder has beed copied to my Imac it doesnt let me open the folder, I do not have permission to view these files ?
Not too fussed about it, as long as I can put it on a usb stick and the Ultimo can read and install it should anything happen, just wondering if anybody knows why it does this ?
Cheers :-)

Larry-G
05-06-12, 14:07
was this a full image backup or a settings backup ?

a settings backup Blue button > ViX> backup manager. creates a .ipk file with all your settings, bouquets etc inside. you can decompress a .ipk file using 7zip.

Dell_XPS
05-06-12, 14:17
It just the exact same as when I download an image m8, extract it, the vuplus folder then the ultimo folder and three files inside, can view via the Ultimo no probs, just when it's copied to my desktop, sais I have no permission rights to view it, cant get past the vuplus folder, if that makes sense, full back up by the way :-)

Larry-G
05-06-12, 14:20
Strange never encountered that my self with any backups i have ever made although i use windows I know andy uses a mac.

It should not stop you flashing the image back to the box though.

Dell_XPS
05-06-12, 14:23
I'll try opening it up on Windows, see what happens :-)

Dell_XPS
05-06-12, 14:30
Ok sorted, just dragged the 3 files that are inside the folders on the Ultimo to my desktop, then created the ultimo folder then put that inside the vuplus folder, sorted :-)

Larry-G
05-06-12, 14:42
Ok sorted, just dragged the 3 files that are inside the folders on the Ultimo to my desktop, then created the ultimo folder then put that inside the vuplus folder, sorted :-)

cool glad your sorted.