PDA

View Full Version : no timeshift

mikehunt43
05-06-12, 12:08
since i did online upgrade yesterday my box wont go to hdd and no matter what i do mount reintialasle etc it wont record etc

Rob van der Does
06-06-12, 07:51
You'll have to give us some more details.

Which image are you using?
What do you mean by 'wont go to hdd'?
What does the mountmanager say?
Is the problem only in Timeshift or also with recordings?
What path have you setup in Recordings Settings?
What path have you set in Timeshift Settings?

mikehunt43
10-06-12, 10:42
im using latest image with up to date drivers.my hard drive wont mount to hdd so wont let me record or do timeshift ive reinitialise hard drive and fomated it and makes no difference.path in timeshift and recordings default movies loction hddmovie. timer record default movie loction.timeshift loction is hddtimeshift.now before i could press filelist and my hdd would show as 1 other 2 hddmovie 3 hm320ji /media/sdb1/ and all was ok.now it says the same but number 2 hddmovie is not my harddrive and seems like a internal one cause says 45mb 43% disk space like internal has taken over and no matter what i do mount reinitalise etc makes no diffenece its onlky like that since last week

Maxwell
10-06-12, 10:50
can you get a screen grab of menu>setup>vix>mount manager

Larry-G
10-06-12, 10:52
like internal has taken over and no matter what i do mount reinitalise etc makes no diffenece its onlky like that since last week

Are you sure about that ? as there is code in place to specifically prevent recordings being made to the internal flash.

also you say it has been this for a week ?

mikehunt43
10-06-12, 11:12
yes mate in filelist number hdd its selct a movie 45mb 43% disk space.and as says ive mounted set up mounts mediahdd restart and still says the same
Are you sure about that ? as there is code in place to specifically prevent recordings being made to the internal flash.

also you say it has been this for a week ?

mikehunt43
10-06-12, 11:15
can you get a screen grab of menu>setup>vix>mount manager yes mate can screeb grab says usb hm320ji size 298gb mount media/sdb1 device /dev/sdb1 type ext4 R/W also when in that menu it wont let you use it as hdd does nothing when you press it

Larry-G
10-06-12, 11:18
so if it has been like this for a week what exact image build are you using as we did release a new build last night.

Maxwell
10-06-12, 11:21
yes mate can screeb grab says usb hm320ji size 298gb mount media/sdb1 device /dev/sdb1 type ext4 R/W

So what is mounted as /media/sda1

mikehunt43
10-06-12, 11:26
so if it has been like this for a week what exact image build are you using as we did release a new build last night.

yes with the build last night and also the one before.when i go back to version before these last 2 all ok

mikehunt43
10-06-12, 11:26
my ext hard drive
So what is mounted as /media/sda1

mikehunt43
10-06-12, 11:54
ok ive put in 2 usb sticks and both reinitialise ext 4.both wont mount as hdd so its not my ext hdd after ive pressed red button to hdd mount it losing mount so try and remount and says mount failed

Larry-G
10-06-12, 11:55
my ext hard drive

ok scratch that, ( dont have a xtrend so was not sure if it could use a internal HDD or not ).

mikehunt43
10-06-12, 12:30
ok mate.so wondered whats happened then.it like the path dont talk to the ext harddrive.its like when you go into timeshift settings.it says timeshift loction /hddtimesshift says the dirctory /hddtimeshift/ is not ext 2 3 or 4 and nfs partion make sure you select a vaild partion type.

mikehunt43
10-06-12, 18:26
how strange its sorted now by mistake really i deleted all fileswhat your attached to internal and hdd.the box crashed so i switched it off and now all works with the hdd in the right place