PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Keep losing usb drive since latest online update

vampsthevampyre
05-06-12, 10:23
Can anybody help, been running the latest version of vix on my ultimo fine until yesterday when I applied the latest online update. Now what happens is I keep losing my usb stick. The stick is still powered but does not appear in the mount list, if I unplug it and plug it back in it coes up with the no media available, I can then go into the mount manager and mount it as media/usb, it asks for a reboot and then loses the usb drive.

Does any body have any ideas what is going on and how I can do to fix it. I'm missing my epg all ready and its only been 8 hours.

Tia

Ian

Larry-G
05-06-12, 10:26
Try initialising the Stick via the image it self.

vampsthevampyre
05-06-12, 11:10
Unpluged the usb stick and repluged in, initialized the drive, remaped it from media/sdc1 to media/usb, rebooted, checked that the drive and mount was still pressent it was, then downloaded opentv epg, all downloaded, checked the epg, only the channel that it was set to was in the epg, checked the mount again and the usb stick was missing again. got me confused

Larry-G
05-06-12, 11:19
as i said above try initialising the USB stick via the image it self, dont just unplug and put it back in. fully initialise the USB stick ( which will also format it ) and see how that goes.

vampsthevampyre
05-06-12, 19:47
Tried that still no luck - but after re-flashing it twice finally got it all working again, think the update got corupted somewhere in the process. It then caused the usb dongle to keep appearing then disapearing constantly.

Thanks for all your help

Ian