PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Slow menu's and Vix spinnning logo often in image 2.4

reverend
04-06-12, 15:39
Hi all,

Has anyone found that menu browsing is slow in the new Vix image? Also, i am often seeing the Vix logo spinning awway in the corner of the screen when just watching a channel. It come and goes. The processor seems to be tied up doing something, but I don't know how to find out what.

After re-imaging, I have restored by settings from back-up, so i am guessing that there is something in my settings that 2.4 does not like. Although my settings were perfectly happy on 2.3

Anyway., does anyone have any ideas before i re-image and instead of restoring settings, re-configure step by step?

Cheers

reverend

GAH2402
04-06-12, 15:43
Hi,

Think it has been suggested that you do NOT restore settings from 2.3 due to the amount of changes between 2.3 and 2.4

GAH

Larry-G
04-06-12, 15:45
i am guessing that there is something in my settings that 2.4 does not like. Although my settings were perfectly happy on 2.3

reverend

I hope you did not restore a settings backup to ViX 2.4 from ViX 2.3 ? after we specifically said and i quote.

All Users
A full flash is required for this version of ViX image. Because of extensive changes you will not be able to perform an online update or restore any setting/plugin backups.

reverend
04-06-12, 16:11
...or restore any setting/plugin backups.

Is it OK If I claim today's Muppet Award?

Larry-G
04-06-12, 16:13
Is it OK If I claim today's Muppet Award?

yup you can have it for today but i want it back tomorrow. LMAO.