PDA

View Full Version : BBC on 27.5

Trial
04-06-12, 12:41
Hi,
is it possible to receive BBC on 27.5w with itīs hight sample rate of 44.100 with any VU+ receiver? Has anybody tried?

ciao

Larry-G
04-06-12, 12:47
There is a huge thread ( 25 pages long the last time i looked ) about this on another forum, any way the general consensus is no but if you want i can pm you the link so you can read it for your self if you like.

Trial
04-06-12, 13:01
Hi,
thank you but the short answer no is enough for me. I did not ask for me. I ask for a guy on a German board and I thought that here are the BBC experts:-)

ciao

Larry-G
04-06-12, 13:06
yeah no problem mate, Huevos would be able to give a more in-depth answer as he is one of the active participants in that thread, if your friend is curious that is.

Trial
04-06-12, 14:31
Hi,
I wouldnīt call him a friend. I just wanted to try to help. With 27.5w I think he must be somewhere in America.

ciao

cbr900
06-06-12, 16:03
There is a huge thread ( 25 pages long the last time i looked ) about this on another forum, any way the general consensus is no but if you want i can pm you the link so you can read it for your self if you like.

Can you give me the link please

What is the max and min sample rate that can work the uno?

Larry-G
06-06-12, 16:16
Can you give me the link please

What is the max and min sample rate that can work the uno?

PM'd you the link. if you read the thread ( all of it ) you will have a better understanding of whats happening and why.

Huevos
06-06-12, 16:57
is it possible to receive BBC on 27.5w with itīs hight sample rate of 44.100 with any VU+ receiver?The symbol rate is not the problem. I could receive it fine late last year when the transponder was open for a few days. It is some problem with the channels not appearing in the PID table or something like that. Anyway the bottom line is it is no problem to receive those channels with a tuner card but not possible with an E2 receiver.

Larry-G
11-08-12, 10:21
Hi Huevos, i am also interested in receiving these chanels. what do you mean by a tuner card? is this something i can add to my uno or a seperate receiver.
I can receive them ok with a technomate tm4202 but as i bought a vu uno i would much prefer to use that.

By tuner card he means a PC satellite tuner card. as pointed out it's not currently possible with Enigma 2 based receivers to receive these channels, thats why the TM is working as it's not Enigma 2 based.