PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

TomD
03-06-12, 10:27
Hi

My duo came with the bouquets preloaded. As some of the channels have disappeared, I'm assuming they have moved and I need a new E2 settings file. I've download Mr Misters file and loaded it on dreambox edit no problem. Before I send this new file to the receiver I'm worried that I will lose all my other satellites? Also is there a way of identifying whose settings are on the box now?

Thanks
Tom

Maxwell
03-06-12, 10:32
Using DBE you can receive the current lists from your box to a folder on your pc to keep them as a backup then if it does go tits up you can just restore them or merge them with the new list then upload the whole lot to the box

Larry-G
03-06-12, 10:38
if you have already loaded the Mr. Mister bouquet to your receiver you will have wiped the older bouquets from it, now Mr. Misters bouquet pack contains a satellites.xml file only for use with 28.2 east so you will need to generate a new one which contains the details for all the other satellites you want to receive.

you can generate the file form here ( selecting the option to only use active / known transponders will be best )

http://satellites-xml.org/

once you have the new file FTP it to
etc/enigma2 then do a GUI restart ( Menu> Standy-Restart>Restart enigma ). When the receiver reboots you can go rescan all the locations you need.

TomD
04-06-12, 15:50
Hi
I had a look through some of the E2 files and established I have Phoenix's Vhannibal pre-loaded. As I like the set-up of these lists I loaded the latest version on DBE, then imported 28E from my existing channel list, (as I had already edited it to my preferences), sent it all back to the box and sorted. :thumbsup:

Larry-G
04-06-12, 15:59
Hi
I had a look through some of the E2 files and established I have Phoenix's Vhannibal pre-loaded. As I like the set-up of these lists I loaded the latest version on DBE, then imported 28E from my existing channel list, (as I had already edited it to my preferences), sent it all back to the box and sorted. :thumbsup:

I'm chuffed your now sorted, and the Vhannibal E2 bouquets are by far my personal favourite motorised pack although it is also worth pointing out that i am not the author Vhannibal is.