PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to do this?

obo110x
02-06-12, 20:48
Apologies if this has been asked before but I have searched and can't find it.
I set up a Solo for a mate last year and he was happy with just 28.2E satellite settings. Now he wants to add 13E as well. He has two dishes, correctly aligned, and I thought I would just be able to put in a manual a/b switch.
I've updated the satellites.xml but cannot see 13E as an option. Switched to cable B and set tuner for 13E, scanned and no services found. Went back to cable A and had to reset tuner to 28.2E.
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something in tuner set up, do I need to set it to Toneburst A/B with Port A as 28.2E and Port B as 13E and would I then need to purchase a Toneburst switch or is one built into the Solo?
Thanks in anticipation of your valued help.

basilyoung
02-06-12, 21:25
the easy way is a DiSEqC switch tuner set to DiSEqC 1. a = 28 b = 13 east

obo110x
15-08-12, 20:58
Sorry to resurrect this thread but now have an updated query. I've now set up the Solo as a stand alone box. Tuner is set to Simple, Hotbird 13.0E, SNR is around 75% and AGC similar and is locked. I've updated bouquet and satellites .xml After scanning I get no services found, with a manual scan on BBC world I again get no services. Been at it for 3 days now and no luck but whilst reading through threads on here something has struck me. The satellites .xml should go to etc/tuxbox, is this correct? I'm fairly sure I've sent it to etc/Enigma 2. Could this be the reason behind the lack of services?

judge
15-08-12, 21:06
Generate a new satellite.xml on

http://satellites-xml.org/
Use the custom tab to select the sats you want.

Then, place it in /etc/enigma2/ as the one in /etc/tuxbox/ will be overwritten on an image update.
Try your scan then & report back.

obo110x
16-08-12, 00:01
Generate a new satellite.xml on

Use the custom tab to select the sats you want.

Then, place it in /etc/enigma2/ as the one in /etc/tuxbox/ will be overwritten on an image update.
Try your scan then & report back.

Thanks that is what I have done with the satellite.xml several times but no success? Looking through threads and Google searches I'm finding that signal strength may be a problem but that is contradicted on other threads!!!
Lost on this atm but looking for inspiration!

judge
16-08-12, 00:05
What are your tuner config settings?
Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Tuner Configuration
Also, signal strength will always be an issue.

obo110x
16-08-12, 00:12
Tuner is set to Simple, Hotbird 13.0E, SNR is around 75% and AGC similar and is locked. Maybe try for better signal strength but have read on here that Hotbird is pretty wide

Larry-G
16-08-12, 00:20
dont forget to do a GUI or enigma restart after sending the satellites.xml file over to the receiver so that it takes hold.

obo110x
16-08-12, 00:28
Thanks pheonix, have done that and even unplugged the box but still no services found? I'm baffled atm

Larry-G
16-08-12, 00:46
check your tuner configuration pages make sure your getting a signal. and maybe try manually scanning a single frequency or two to see what if any thing they pull up.

Rob van der Does
16-08-12, 05:12
Tuner is set to Simple, Hotbird 13.0E, SNR is around 75% and AGC similar and is locked. Maybe try for better signal strength but have read on here that Hotbird is pretty wide
Naah, signal strength is of no importance; SNR is the determining factor and 75% should do.

obo110x
16-08-12, 20:07
Well I went back to it again today and tried a manual search on all services. SNR varied between 0% and 60% no services found.
If a select Pre-defined transponder SNR is 0% but if I select it manually it locks at 80%?
I'm convinced that his dish is not aligned although welcome any other suggestions.

Craigyboy
25-08-12, 21:29
I'm not familiar with the receiver but have experienced a similar problem and dish alignment was the cause.