PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Nova-T stick - problems with Vix 2.4

guff daddy
01-06-12, 22:05
After the box has been on for a day or two switching to the Irish DTT channels get's a "tune failed" error - the only way to resolve is to reboot the box. Also I'm still getting the problem of every now and then getting the spinning VIX logo which also means a reboot is required.

Anyone else having these problems?

judge
01-06-12, 22:33
After the box has been on for a day or two switching to the Irish DTT channels get's a "tune failed" error - the only way to resolve is to reboot the box. Also I'm still getting the problem of every now and then getting the spinning VIX logo which also means a reboot is required.

Anyone else having these problems?

Loosing the Nova T after a day or so is a known issue & being looked into, hopefully we will have a fix soon.
As for the spinning VIX logo, I've had none what so ever on VIX 2.4.
What's your set-up re: hard drive, usb key, epg, picons...

gedclarke
03-06-12, 10:34
I have the same problem with 'Tune Failed' but have identified that it only happens when I 'restart enigma', to get it back working I have to do a settings restore. However this does not happen when i do a 'restart'. Hope this helps.

givecredit
03-06-12, 12:53
Yes, an enigma restarts gets you a Tune Failed message. Doing a full restart sorts the problem for now.

guff daddy
09-06-12, 23:31
Loosing the Nova T after a day or so is a known issue & being looked into, hopefully we will have a fix soon.

Any sign of a fix for this? Very frustrating - mine loses the signal after about 20 minutes or so...

halflife
10-06-12, 06:22
have the same problem with it913x drivers. 10-15min working, then "check tuner configuration". problem is in kernel, so for now I use old 3.1.

stick50jr
10-06-12, 07:55
With af9035 driver (Avermedia a825 TwinStar dual dvb-t tuner stick) the new image is proving rock solid here. Like others, an Enigma Gui restart causes a problem that requires a reboot to fix. However, I do not need to do any such gui restarts normally and so I rarely have this problem. With Vix 2.3 the usb-dvb system was most unstable but now with Vix 2.4 which has banished the old 'usbtunerhelper' module, the usb-dvb system is rock solid with my stick.

I believe that the openPLi team and Andyblac have scored a big win in this area, my thanks to all these guys.

guff daddy
09-07-12, 20:18
Just thought I would bump this to see if there is any fix for this? I don't bother using my Nova-T any more - it made the whole system too unreliable.

guff daddy
08-11-12, 12:48
Just thought I would bump this to see if there is any fix for this? I don't bother using my Nova-T any more - it made the whole system too unreliable.

I thought I would try a further bump on this - I've had continual problems with the Nova-T (Irish DTT channels) from V 2.4 right up to the current image. I've tried other PLI based images (SifTeam etc.) only to have the same issues, so I presumed it was something in the PLI image. However having tried the Black Pole image (PLI based Black Hole) for a couple of days the Nova-T (and indeed the system in general) is rock solid.

Has anyone else had the issues with the Nova-T with Irish DTT channels ("tune failed" error after a random amount of uptime - generally between 30 minutes and 1 day, requiring power cycle of system to resolve)? Is this something that the VIX team are looking into ? I'm a long-time VIX user and would prefer to remain using VIX but the DTT problem makes my system unusable.

judge
08-11-12, 12:52
I use a Nova-T for Irish DTT channels on Duo & Solo all the time without any real issue.

givecredit
08-11-12, 13:33
Has anyone else had the issues with the Nova-T with Irish DTT channels ("tune failed" error after a random amount of uptime - generally between 30 minutes and 1 day, requiring power cycle of system to resolve)? Is this something that the VIX team are looking into ? I'm a long-time VIX user and would prefer to remain using VIX but the DTT problem makes my system unusable.

I have been a VIX user since the beginning. I too have Nova T Tuner, (The TD version, Dual tuner) It always gave a few problems,(Irish DTT MPEG4) but was managable. Might have to reboot about every 2-3 weeks or so. But lately, mainly since Vix 3, it has become unwatchable. For no reason it just fails. I reboot and then i fine again, But now maybe within an hour it fails again.

Glad to hear it works fine on blackhole, But really would prefer using VIX. Its so bad for last couple of months I am seriously considering selling my two VU Duos and going for the Quad with integrated DTT tuner. Prefer not to for financial reasons, but I cannot put up with this for much longer.

Might try out Blackhole on one of my duo's and live in the hope that VIX somehow fixes this soon.

hermit
08-11-12, 13:49
I've been using the same Nova T Tuner (The TD version, Dual tuner) for the Irish DTT channels on my Duo since VIX 3.0 was released and have no issues whatsoever, other than tune failed after a GUI restart.

I do upgrade the box regularly so that would be the same as restarting and may be preventing issues like yours.

Have you tried scheduling a restart at night to prevent this happening?

rimas
08-11-12, 14:41
I use a Nova-T for Irish DTT channels on Duo & Solo all the time without any real issue.

I've been using the same Nova T Tuner (The TD version, Dual tuner) for the Irish DTT channels on my Duo since VIX 3.0 was released and have no issues whatsoever, other than tune failed after a GUI restart.

I do upgrade the box regularly so that would be the same as restarting and may be preventing issues like yours.

Have you tried scheduling a restart at night to prevent this happening?

How is your Nova-T connected?
For me with ViX 3.0 Nova-T became very unstable, loose it once in a day. No problems using Vix 2.4 :rolleyes:
Maybe I should try powered hub?

judge
08-11-12, 14:49
For me with ViX 3.0 Nova-T became very unstable, loose it once in a day. No problems using Vix 2.4 :rolleyes:

I have one in the back usb port of a dou & one in a powered USB hub in a solo.

hermit
08-11-12, 15:16

Mine is also connected directly in one of the back usb ports

guff daddy
08-11-12, 18:00
Directly connected to back USB port. Tried it with both the small aerial it ships with and also a powered indoor aerial - no noticeable difference. DTT signal isn't the issue as I have another similar Nova-T working just fine on a DM800 upstairs...

rimas
09-11-12, 15:26
I've been using the same Nova T Tuner and have no issues whatsoever, other than tune failed after a GUI restart.
Usbtunerhelper. solves that problem. At least for VU+. Install it, reboot and usb tuner does not disappear after a GUI restart.

givecredit
10-11-12, 12:44
Usbtunerhelper. solves that problem. At least for VU+. Install it, reboot and usb tuner does not disappear after a GUI restart.

Thanks for this. That piece of software done the trick. Wonder why this is not inbuilt into VIX by default? Many DTT users out there would love to get their hands on this simple fix.

rimas
10-11-12, 12:54
Thanks for this. That piece of software done the trick. Wonder why this is not inbuilt into VIX by default? Many DTT users out there would love to get their hands on this simple fix.

Actually it was, but was removed some time ago. Maybe not all boxes need it.

Larry-G
10-11-12, 13:35
Actually it was, but was removed some time ago. Maybe not all boxes need it.

Thats because Pli removed it as Enigma 2 has embedded support and using This alongside that existing embedded support can cause untold problems.

hermit
12-11-12, 09:50

Thanks for that, it seems to have fixed the issue with not being able to tune after an enigma2 restart.

Do you know what this has installed? Its not showing up in my Plugins and if it does cause issues with Vix later releases it might be useful to be able to uninstall.