PDA

View Full Version : vu duo red light

dilly1066
01-06-12, 00:46
hiya, got a problem with a vu duo, when you turn it on and off all it will do is show a red light on the front, tried disconnecting hard drive and usb etc but no change, hadnt been recently flashed, had vix 2.3 on it, only plugins is tspanel everything else is just default vix stuff, have noticed if you leave the box off for 2 minutes it will boot again, or sometimes you have to unplug the power from the reciever and leave unplugged for 2 minutes then plug it back in, turn it on and it boots again, seems a very strange problem, it dint do this before, you could just turn it on and off at the back and it would boot up straight away, ive tried reflashing to latest vix image and it did flash, it will reboot from remote and restart enigma from remote no problems, when its actually running it seems fine, its just this red light thing, anyone got any ideas please ?
box is around 18 months old,.

judge
01-06-12, 00:50
Never had this issue on my DUO on any build in the last 2+ years.
First thing I'd suggest is a reflash with the latest 2.4 build & stay well away from installing tspanel.

dilly1066
01-06-12, 01:00
Never had this issue on my DUO on any build in the last 2+ years.
First thing I'd suggest is a reflash with the latest 2.4 build & stay well away from installing tspanel.

hiya, ive reflashed to latest image mate, latest vix image and it did flash ok, i had to leave it off at the back for 2 minutes but when it turned on it did flash and same thing happens, thanks

judge
01-06-12, 01:06
Is it an original box?
Do you have the latest bootloader installed?

dilly1066
01-06-12, 01:09
Is it an original box?
Do you have the latest bootloader installed?

hiya, yes its original and yeah latest boot loader on since day it came out,

Rob van der Does
01-06-12, 04:10
My DUO always needed to be powered off for approx 1 minute before it would boot again. Seems to be a matter of Elco's needing to discharge completely.

stick50jr
01-06-12, 08:01
I always count 15 seconds or thereabouts after switching off before switching back on. Turning electronics devices back on before the embedded power supplies voltages have decayed can in the worst case corrupt flash, CMOS and hard drives. However, 2 minutes is a bit longer than I would expect.
What happens when you wait only 1 minute or 30 seconds?
Maybe the discharge path of some capacitor has gone high...

Maxwell
01-06-12, 08:12
I generally give it 2-3 mins between off and on and sometimes even longer just to make sure all capacitors are discharged and registers cleared. Try leaving it off for 30 mins then reflash and when asked to reboot give it 10 mins power off before you do so

JimboM
01-06-12, 13:58
Mine suffers from the same problem as well, I can hear the drive spinning up but the display doesn't light up etc. I normally have to leave it for a good 5 mins before switching on again!

What does work sometimes is if the display doesn't light up when switched on then, flicking the power off and back on quickly can get things running.

Rob van der Does
01-06-12, 14:09
What does work sometimes is if the display doesn't light up when switched on then, flicking the power off and back on quickly can get things running.
Same here!

dilly1066
01-06-12, 21:18
Hiya, thanks for replys everyone, so this could be a normal thing ? Im just abit worried because it never used to do it , so is it best just to see how things go ? Power supply unit couldnt be going faulty could it ?

Sent from my apple using Tapatalk

dilly1066
01-06-12, 22:45
Hiya, bit of a update, i unplugged everything and just had power supply in, turned it on and off a few times no problem, plugged it all back in, turned on, waited for it too boot up and then turned off and back on and just seeing red light, so turned off again unplugged hdmi lead , turned box on booted up, tried off and on a few times booted first time everytime, plugged hdmi lead back in and had to wait 2 minutes before it would boot again, tested hdmi lead in and out a few times with same results as above, tried a different hdmi lead and same results as above, so just said turning off and on from back leave it off for 2 minutes before turning it back on, think it should be ok, thanks

Sent from my apple using Tapatalk

WOIIFTM
11-07-12, 20:52
Got a bricked Vu+ Duo a while ago with exactly the same problems. Found a hot tip on the OpenPli forum and got it fixed by replacing the C807 220uF 16v on the motherboard with a new one or with a 330uF 16v version.

Has been mentioned on this forum too as a solution to a different problem: LINK (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18828-restart-loop-2-4-149&p=138000&viewfull=1#post138000)