PDA

View Full Version : spider box possible new user !!!

lupsetlad
24-08-10, 17:52
recently hear about spider boxes are they as good as some say ?, i have motorised dish are they ok to be used on it ??
thanks
bob

world-of-satellite.co.uk
24-08-10, 18:56
Yes for the money they're a great receiver, one to remember though, the gift IS A gift ;)

Another receiver to consider is the VU+ Solo, slightly more expensive but more user friendly, customisable http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Vu-SOLO-Single-Tuner-HD-PVR-DVB-S2-Satellite-Receiver

elnino9
03-10-10, 09:19
hi lupsetlad

had a spiderbox for a few weeks now and have been very pleased with it. i have had a few teething probs with i though but i think that is to do with me more than the box. you wont be disapointed when it's up an runnin. i am new to all this like you and the spiderbox isn't all that difficult to understand.

demoman
03-10-10, 18:07
hi there ,i am new here and I have spider box .it was working till i change the internet provider,now i have problems ,which i don't understand how it works . it shows network,but when i watch digitalb or tring it says invalid key. anyone can help me!!! many thanks

chris-k
03-10-10, 21:36
try and reboot both box and router...
you changed internet provider,,,do you use auto ip???

spanner
17-10-10, 14:14
Hi new to the forum, i had/have a technomate 1500ci running off 1m motrorised sytem everything was fine untill Nagrovision 3 came along and like many i lost almost everything, i have been reading some great revies about the spiderbook 9000 hd, with the gift, is it just a cast of replaceing my technomate 1500 with a spiderbox in otherwords just plug and go or is it complacted, thanks in advance for any help

elnino9
17-10-10, 15:05
hi spanner welcome to the forum. these boxes are great but just one small thing the spiderbox needs an ethernet connection to work uther than that it is more or less stright forward. i'mm having a few teething probs with mine but that is more to do with dish alignment rather than the spider box.

grtmoby
17-10-10, 15:08
:welcome: on board spanner

i am sure our sponsor will be more than happy giving a hand

spanner
17-10-10, 16:20
thanks for the welcome, my router is only feet from my tv so a short ethernet cable will be fine, what i cant find or understand is, with the technomate i had to downloader a uperloader and then download the latestest software unzip/rar it and then transfer it to to the technomate box, is this the same with the spiderbox, if so where do i download the upload and software from, also do i then have to transfer it to usb memory stick and then transfer it to the spiderbox, so to seem so thick

chris-k
17-10-10, 17:23
easier with spider ;)
only download from here maybe(http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?98-Spiderbox-Receivers-Downloads-only
what you want patch/softcam/channellistīs to your pc,
extract file first, then put it on fat32 formatted usb stick.
put usb stick in spiderbox,,go to usb menu and find the extracted file then simply click ok on it with remote.

for patches follow instructions when updating,,
for softcamfiles go to key edit and turn ucas to on,,
for channellists dont forget to change to your lat/long as they are set to the one who made it.
good luck
chris-k