PDA

View Full Version : EPG Source

xcase
30-05-12, 10:26
Hi everyone,

I'm sure we getting alot of people asking about problems with EPG, Well i have been trying countless time to get it sorted, but im still not getting epg on my Vu Solo Vix 2.3. even reformating usb.

So my question is i want to get into making or sourcing epg so any help would be great.

do you have to be a coder? what app do you need?

mcquaim
30-05-12, 10:43
What problems are you having and what is your current epg settings?

Also, have you tried upgrading to Vix 2.4 and try it there? Do an image backup first of your current setup and if you don't like 2.4 then it is easy to revert back to 2.3.

twol
30-05-12, 11:19
So my question is i want to get into making or sourcing epg so any help would be great.

do you have to be a coder? what app do you need?
As a newcomer to VIX, I started with 2.4 which has been very simple and straightforward (compared to others) - apart from the EPG!
.. but basically with 2.4, make sure your USB or internal harddisk is mounted, then in EPG setup ensure you point to the correct mounted volume, enable all the refresh, save and EPG source entries..... then go to CrossEPG (could anything be simpler - Yes!) and basically in Configure enable your scheduled download and time, and then go to the all the providers and tick/enable any UK entries.

Over the top probably, but it works and it does as well as the other more simple setups, so I have left it in place!

Sicilian
30-05-12, 16:21
How to setup Crossepg http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15585-How-to-setup-Crossepg-in-all-ViX-Images

xcase
30-05-12, 18:12
What problems are you having and what is your current epg settings?

Also, have you tried upgrading to Vix 2.4 and try it there? Do an image backup first of your current setup and if you don't like 2.4 then it is easy to revert back to 2.3.

noob question but how do u back up? is it backup manager? should i want to revert back i go back to backup manager and restore?

Larry-G
30-05-12, 18:23
Blue button > ViX> backup manager = creates a .ipk file which backs up all your plugins and settings, bouquets and cams etc. This can restored directly via the Backup manager section or during the initial setup process after flashing a new image.

Blue button> ViX> Image manager = Creates a full backup of every thing and saves it in the forum of a USB image, that you can copy to a USB stick to flash back to the receiver at any time in the same way you can any other image.