PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Help with NAS on Duo with ViX

greatcapp
28-05-12, 19:48
I've found a few threads along similar lines, but none are helping me get this working.

I have a NAS Drive (Lacie) on my network with another external HDD connected to that via USB.

At the moment, I use an AppleTV (gen2) to view movies/TV series stored on both drives, but I would like to access them on my Vu, (so I can then Slingbox into my Vu & view all my stored media as well as live TV).

I'm using ViX 2.4

I've followed guides which suggest going to Menu/Setup/System/Network/Mounts Setup/Network Browser

Once I'm in there, and it's scanned my local network, it finds several devices including the "MEDIA" drive (the Lacie) which is known on my network as "MEDIA".

But, normally, on my Mac/Windows machines/Apple TV, I would then look for folders within "MEDIA", but when I click ok on my Vu, which should expand the NAS drive, nothing happens, so I can't mount a folder from within it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Maxwell
28-05-12, 19:54
look to the NAS in the mediaplayer filelist location rather than network browser
Bring up the list and use yellow button to navigate to the folder you want

greatcapp
28-05-12, 19:56
But the drive won't show up in mediaplayer unless I can mount it?

Raitsa
28-05-12, 20:05
Read this topic and do as it says:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18274-Has-the-NAS-configuration-changed

greatcapp
28-05-12, 20:10
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but NFS wouldn't work for me at all - maybe as the NAS needs a username/password?

I can go into Mount Manager, and add new network mount point in there.

Using CIFS, I can mount the Lacie drive which then does show up in mediaplayer, so i CAN access all my TV Series (which are on the network drive itself), but there doesn't seem to be a way to access the USB drive that's mounted within a folder of the NAS drive.

I'm now thinking that it's maybe just not possible to see that 2nd drive.