PDA

View Full Version : 3D with VU+ Duo

daturk
24-08-10, 11:16
Hi All

Im thinking of getting a new TV and wondering if anyone is using sly 3d with VU+ duo?

Question is, does it work?

I have access to this 3d service and see two images side by side and i know my TV doesnt support 3d but does the duo? I dont want to pay over the top for something im never going to use..

Thanks

PAUL7331
24-08-10, 13:48
Yes it works with 3d mate!

paul362
24-08-10, 15:34
All my 3d channels work fine here on my duo.

pooface
24-08-10, 23:15
Yes it works with 3d mate!

All my 3d channels work fine here on my duo.

Just confirm for the OP, that you have a 3d tv and can see the 3d image (in 3d) on this tv with your box... :)

paul362
25-08-10, 09:07
I have a samsung 46" lcd 3D tv and yes all 3d channels work fine so far.

guff daddy
25-08-10, 10:56
How many 3D channels are there? I only know of Sky 3D...

daturk
25-08-10, 11:53

Good point. I also only get Sly 3D. Also i thought you needed hdmi 1.4 spec for 3D to work. This is why I originally asked the question. I guess the DUO has this or im wrong about the 1.4 spec??

Anyway, can anyone take a pic (working, sly 3D on tv) and post it for us to all see.

Cheers

Mr.McGee
25-08-10, 22:38

http://www.lyngsat.com/3d/index.html

Reminds me of when Full HD was first broadcast as a test channel. Let's see where 3D TV is in 6 years time :)

paul362
26-08-10, 09:11
True there is only 1 channel on s*y but there are many more channels if your motorised (although most are just tests).
As far as the HDMI goes mine works fine with 1.3 through my Onkyo sound system.
I think you need 1.4 for sound mostly as it incorporates full two way communication with the 3d system or summit like that but the pictures and sound work OK for me with 1.3.

kirk13
03-06-11, 14:33
when u see 3d channels, are there a split screen with 2 pictures? and then u goto u tv and set it for side by side?
Sorry my bad english, i am from Denmark.
its just when i play my ps3 it switch auto to 3d, and it does not when i see the 3d channels i got, there it shows side by side, and i have to change my tv to side by side.
i hope u understand me and can give me a little help.

deckymckeown
03-06-11, 14:41
when u see 3d channels, are there a split screen with 2 pictures? and then u goto u tv and set it for side by side?
Sorry my bad english, i am from Denmark.
its just when i play my ps3 it switch auto to 3d, and it does not when i see the 3d channels i got, there it shows side by side, and i have to change my tv to side by side.
i hope u understand me and can give me a little help.

Depends on the tv i suppose whether it auto detects its a 3d broadcast or not. When using my vu duo on my Samsung 3DTV i press the 3d button on the remote when on s*y 3d or any other 3d channel for that matter. I can then select 3d Side By Side option by the TV remote, as the channel is broadcasting in that format, 2 pictures side by side. I assume this is what your asking?

When using my PS3 however on certain games which are 3d compatible, the 3d kicks in automatically when i have enabled it in the game menu, without having to select 3d option on the tv remote

kirk13
03-06-11, 15:24
yes, well i think i understand it now. i was not sure if it was played right, i mean when u see the ps3 screen its only shown normal when u have glasses on, but this is my first time seen side by side, and u could see it without glasses, so i also didnt know if it was because i was using a cable that was not 1,3
and still sorry for my bad english.

jrbmw
04-06-11, 14:55
True there is only 1 channel on s*y but there are many more channels if your motorised (although most are just tests).
As far as the HDMI goes mine works fine with 1.3 through my Onkyo sound system.
I think you need 1.4 for sound mostly as it incorporates full two way communication with the 3d system or summit like that but the pictures and sound work OK for me with 1.3.

what model onkyo do you have.I have the sr606,dont know whether it supports 3d

rif
13-03-14, 18:12
Hello,

Slightly different question. I have a 3D Benq W1070 projector.
When I connect it to the VU+ DUO2 I can only see top-bottom: all other 3D options, including side-by-side are grayed out.
The projector works fine when I connect a Bluray 3D player (all 3D option available).

Looks like VU+ DUO2 is sending wrong EDID information to the projector.

Did anybody run into the same problem?

satmanbasil
14-03-14, 00:27
Hi
maybe the projector software does not support 3d side by side worth posting a email to customer support it maybe a software update needed ask them.

Rob van der Does
14-03-14, 07:01
Did you try the 'skip EDID check'?

Trial
14-03-14, 09:17
Hi,
have you checked a firmware update for your projector. I think I read something about this topic.

ciao