PDA

View Full Version : F*** The TM800

simon4545
25-05-12, 00:42
I'm Considering buying the Gigablue HD800SE Looks a great box have to save some money first. What annoyed about the TM800 is the media player if you have files in the playlist they don't play one after the other. I was going to put my music Collection in it but it is pointless having to select the next song after the one song played! Do all linux boxes have a problem with this? and if you playback a recording rewind and fast foward isn't guaranteed it can freeze! I want to buy the Gigablue HD800SE but does it have this problems? I Love My Music. This is my first linux box and I hope it isn't my last.

Larry-G
25-05-12, 00:47
The clue may be the fact that its a satellite receiver not a media player. media player functions are to be considered a bonus.

basilyoung
25-05-12, 00:48
your post so far are interesting,

simon4545
25-05-12, 01:07
In what way are my post interesting? isn't these boxes supposed to be a small computer they should be able to to alot more than a pentium 2

judge
25-05-12, 01:18
Yes, these boxes are essentially computers but designed to do different things.
While I'd love my sat receiver to also love my music in all it's formats, it's a different function.
Look at some media boxes rather than sat receivers for what you want.

simon4545
25-05-12, 01:36
Might get a computer and throw in a few DVB-S Cards Should be more powerful than any Satellite Box!

Rob van der Does
25-05-12, 05:25
Might get a computer and throw in a few DVB-S Cards Should be more powerful than any Satellite Box!
Would be interested to know how you are going to get all the Eingma functionality you have now.....
As to your original question: not sure what image you're using, but E2-images can have MerlinMusicPlayer installed: that does the trick.

simon4545
27-05-12, 18:54
What image has merlinmusicplayer? can you provide a link thanks!

Rob van der Does
27-05-12, 20:22
What image has merlinmusicplayer? can you provide a link thanks!
It's available on the feeds of ViX.