PDA

View Full Version : Channel order

jazz5000
24-05-12, 22:58
Hi

Just got my vu+ today
Great so far,

Iv put on Silverfox bouqet.

is there away to make the channel number correspond with sly?
For instance say i type in 106 it should go to sly 1 but currently it goes to some other channel

Thanks

Great site also, Learned alot so far

basilyoung
24-05-12, 23:36
not certain on this, but try the catseye listing, it does give HD epg listings

judge
25-05-12, 00:05
Silverfox bouqets are numbered the same way as SKY, have you enable multiple bouquets set?
However, silverfox isn't updating his bouquets any longer, so they will be out of date soon.
Best to find a new set or better still learn how build your own that suit you.

jazz5000
25-05-12, 00:12
What i did was press TV
then go on SKY UKŪ 28.2°E Silverfox0786

How do i enable multiple bouquets?

Iv kind of got the hang of dreambox edit. So if i can get this to work then i will just update it myself after.

Rahat786786
25-05-12, 00:54
You can download my settings which I have updated. It also corresponds to Sly channel numbers. The reason perhaps silverfox bouquets do not relate to Sly is due to you not enabling duplicate entries. Make sure the box is checked somewhere under settings in dbedit and then send the files over. Placeholder channels are often duplicates and if you do not tick this option they are erased and the channel numbering messes up.

jazz5000
25-05-12, 01:13
Cheers,
Your file did the trick

judge
25-05-12, 01:26
Thanks Rahat, it's 'enable duplicate entries' not 'enable multiple bouquets' as I suggested.

morashid679
25-05-12, 14:26
Make sure the "enable duplicate entries" is ticked before opening the bouquet folder.

It's under the "advance" tab in options.

jazz5000
26-05-12, 22:12
quick question guys.
setting up a mate of mines box

it has astra and hotbird coming in.

how do i setup the channel order for both?
i tried uploading rahats boquets. this enabled me to watch the channels on astra but the hotbird channels were all greyed out. even when going on all channels

Rahat786786
26-05-12, 22:33
I don't have hotbird channels in my bouquet so they will be greyed out. You can load someone else's settings for those channels and in order to use both bouquets make sure you untick 'delete unused bouquets' or something like that in dbedit so that when the hotbird bouquet is loaded, mine is not deleted.

basilyoung
26-05-12, 23:15
quick question guys.
i tried uploading rahats boquets. this enabled me to watch the channels on astra but the hotbird channels were all greyed out. even when going on all channels

not sure if the unit you are setting up is the duo, but in any event, in tuner settings, make sure 13 east is activated

jazz5000
27-05-12, 09:54
Yes its another duo

Iv set tuner A to diseq hotbird and astra
tuner B astra

Larry-G
27-05-12, 10:00
quick question guys.

first make sure you'r satellites.xml file contains transponder data for both 28.2 east and 13.0 east ( if you loaded rats bouquets it would have replaced the satellites.xml file with one only containing transponder data for 28.2 east. ).

you can generate a new satellites.xml here.

http://satellites-xml.org/

Then FTP it to
etc/enigma2 and reboot the receiver, when the receiver has booted back up you can then scan 13.0 east to get the channels.

jazz5000
27-05-12, 10:18
Would it be possible to load a boquet with both so rahats and then 13e from catseyes?

Im trying to do this now with DBedit, But when i import rahats it goes to the bottom. I need them at the top but cant figure it out

jazz5000
27-05-12, 10:27
Nevermind.
Figured it out,

So i have put rahats at the top to follow sly order and then catseye 13e bouquet underneath,

Does this mean i wont need to generate a new xml?

Thanks guys

Larry-G
27-05-12, 10:32
no you should not need to but it wont hurt any thing to generate a new one with all the satellites you want to receive on, plus using the site i posted above to generate the .xml you can set it to include only known working transponders which will benefit the receiver.

jazz5000
27-05-12, 10:39
Ok
Thanks will give it a try