PDA

View Full Version : AllSats System Tools Mod For TM800HD

simon4545
23-05-12, 23:57
Hi everyone,

I came across a good tool for the TM800Hd in the old andromeda image, I could not find the original package on the web so I extracted it from the andromeda image and adapted it to work on the latest technomate image. I have only made a couple of minor changes to get it working.

So far I have tested:

CleanUp: Cleans the system of useless files (I managed to free 3MB of space!!!),(No Green screens).
Hub Mount: Allows the use of USB Hub so you can connect mutiple devices (USB 2 Hub recommended).
Backup and Restore my Settings: Saves satellites,Channel, and Bouquets settings onto internal HDD or USB.
Swap file manger: Adds a 128MB swap file to internal hard drive or USB. (Working).

Most of all other functions are working.
Also Improved PPanel

Full instructions included, hope this helps everyone. please send me reply's or a thank you if this help's you

Good Luck and Load's of thanks!!

Here is the link:

jimux
24-05-12, 09:54
I am pleased you have found my tools useful.

They were never released separate to our Andromeda-HD image as I modified the PPanel code, skin files and console layout to improve the output provided by the tools. For example the context-sensitive help text is 3 lines instead of 1, the report lines are wider and scrolling through a report gives current line highlighting to make scroll right/left easier.

Some of the tools have to be used with care, and there is a lot of technical debate over on Allsats.co.uk on the subject.

simon4545
26-05-12, 01:16
Can anyone see that I claim that this work is my own?

basilyoung
26-05-12, 01:26
please send me reply's or a thank you if this help's you

so I extracted it from the andromeda image and adapted it to work on the latest technomate image

you claimed to have made "minor changes" you did not give credit openly, and I know you received direct help from the allsat team, and a lot of it.also "you extracted the files and modified" some of your other post refer to the TM 800,s weak points, but you are unable to correct these, frankly, you are lucky not to be banned also, "latest technomate image" whats that then??

simon4545
26-05-12, 01:41
I did not get any help from the allsats team I did the mod's myself! And I gave credit's to the coders in my readme file and I am sorry I didn't in my post!

basilyoung
26-05-12, 01:43
on what image?

simon4545
26-05-12, 01:54
Also this is open source anybody can modify it! Isn't this what linux is supposed to be about, I did a few mod's and stated it, and gave credits to the original coders in my readme who created it and posted that I was sorry not to give credits in my post since this is my first time posting on any website, and this is the thank's I get has everyone gone mad!!!

simon4545
26-05-12, 01:58
And I don't remember allsats posting any credits to the makers of the enigma2 image in any of their code!

basilyoung
26-05-12, 02:00
well this situation was looked at by admin, and there conclusions lead to the infractions, and you have not answerd my question, how ever, it does appear that you might not be the person that received direct help
but the inference of your post does appear to me, that you have made claims, if you are not happy, then take it up with admin, but again, what "latest image" have you modified

simon4545
26-05-12, 02:04
I have done f*** all Wrong apart from not posting credits in my main post's I made a mistake and I was Sorry what more do you want me to do?, I now now in future I'll post with credits, I don't like being accused of thing's I have not done!

basilyoung
26-05-12, 02:06
thats your opinion, as I said, complain to admin, and still no answer

simon4545
26-05-12, 02:10
All I have done is adapted allsats tools from the andromeda image to work with the last original technomate image which was released in december!. I have made no image modifications and also took the timeshift tool and tried it on the image thats all I did which I clearly stated

simon4545
26-05-12, 02:13
I have already sent the admin a post

basilyoung
26-05-12, 02:15
ok, I will ask admin again to look into this, if we are wrong we will say so, but further evidence maybe requested
I can say that the allsat team were not impressed

simon4545
26-05-12, 02:24
I was going to post the last technomate image with these tool's built in along with CCcam, mgcamd, scam, newcs and oscam for people having problems installing these and for people who don't know how to. I am not going to now for the fear that I'll get accused of something else sorry everyone!

simon4545
26-05-12, 02:25
Thanks basilyoung!!!

basilyoung
26-05-12, 02:29
no problem, and as far as fully loaded images go, please be aware of the rules, and thanks for your thanks, it may be that we are wrong, and as stated, if thats the case, we will say so

simon4545
26-05-12, 02:51
If you are sorry which I hope you are! I might post my image It will be a clean Image with no softcams just the basics with the mods I have made (Courtesy Of Allsats) Thanks Again and Good Luck!!!

simon4545
26-05-12, 02:54
If you want I'll show you the mod's which I have Made I didn'd have any help thanks again!!!

basilyoung
26-05-12, 02:54
I know this thread has got a bit "lively" the stance of the forum, is to protect those that have assited the hobby, if we have miss judged you, as said we will say so, and I will be the first to say so, ( if I am up in time )

basilyoung
26-05-12, 03:10
chucks, thanks for the thanks, trust me, we are gratfull for usefull post, please see this for what it is, and if unfair statements have been made, we would say so, dont loss any sleep on this

basilyoung
27-05-12, 00:53
This is a little pre emptive, But it has come to light, that the "person" that received help from the Allsat team, was in fact not "Simon4545", and this has been confirmed by the Allsat team

Unfortunately, Simons honour has because of this unknown person, been tainted, due to incredible coincidences, I for one was aggressively chasing Simon down, and although sat forum etiquate was broken, and apologized for, this was not at first accepted fully, it is now, and also wish to thank Simon for accepting my private apologie to him,, which is now public as well

Baz

Rat
27-05-12, 10:08
I also had problems with a couple of members from the allsats team a while back :(
it seemed then that you cant share what they make unless you mention there URL in fill
giving credit to individual coders wasn't enough

simon is right Enigma/Linux codes should be shared and improved upon, all this about being our code and it can only be shared if you use our image and mention our URL lol
its all silly
we all want improvements on our boxes, and Jesus if any box needs it, it's the TM800 lol

Sicilian
27-05-12, 10:12
Infraction to Simon has been removed, please accept our apologies and hope this hasn't put you off being a part of our community.

Big Al
03-06-12, 19:29
I was going to post the last technomate image with these tool's built in along with CCcam, mgcamd, scam, newcs and oscam for people having problems installing these and for people who don't know how to. I am not going to now for the fear that I'll get accused of something else sorry everyone!

Simon,
any news on the possibility of posting the image you had been working on updating, now its all sorted mate, did you ever get cross epg installed and working on this i havent managed it yet, ive got it installed but havent got cool epg installed to set it up ?
best regards
Al

simon4545
05-06-12, 15:08
Hi Big Al,
I have decided I won't be posting an image for a while until I can work out and fix some of the problems with the tm800 image and then hopefully should get the reciever running better and then Ill post my own revamped image. I haven't figured out cross epg yet but when I do I'll give you a shout;)

best of luck!!!
simon4545

abu baniaz
07-06-12, 08:08
Slight digression from thread title, but anyway......

The version of Coolepg is limited owing to the version of Python the receiver uses. Later versions of Coolepg will not work. The World of Satellite image has Coolepg installed by default. Digidude's transformer also installs it for you . The last DW image also had it installed. You will just need to replace the rytec file and it will be good to go.

digidude
07-06-12, 23:52
ive been away for a few weeks, and got back online today, and tbh, this entire thread has me confused as hell, as a similar thing happened a while back, as rat says, where FULL credit was given to the creators of a fix for the tm800 (or a patch or whatever you want to call it) then all hell proceeded to break loose, which rippled across multiple forums, and resulted in members on both forums getting banned etc, and there is STILL bad blood between some forums and members because of it to this day, yet now, here, similar info has been ripped, and re-released

im happy that its NOT all kicking off tbh, as everyone should be helping each other, and the more forums etc the help can be spread over, the better it is for the end users :)

simon4545
08-06-12, 00:43
Thank's dididude but as predator 2 says "sh*t appens, sh sh*t appens" I'm am happy now that everything is back to normal, and I am happy to post whatever fixes I can find when messing around with my box to help people and I would not dream of taking credit for other peoples work! We are all friends here, isn't this what linux boxes are supposed to be all about friends!!! best of luck simon!!!;)