PDA

View Full Version : Sport or movie channel still scrambled

Skaali
24-08-10, 04:09
Hello Friends/Experts,
I bought a DREAM DM600 PVR and installed image on it, then I did a Transponder scan and managed to find about 900 service channels i.e. probably most of the channels are captured in the scan. But the problem is most of these channels are still shown as "no data source found for this channel" OR "this channel is still scrambled" i.e. not showing. These channels include ALL of Skysports and Sky Movies channels and several others.
Can someone here tell me what is the reason for this?
Would updating the image make any difference? as I am still using the old one found on official Dream channel?
I am a total Noob/newbie with all this and would need someone to guide me step by step of what to do.
Thanks for your patience in advance.
Regards
Skaali

SLOTH
24-08-10, 05:16
Hi
do you have a valid subscription card ? for any of the channels your trying to watch ? ...if not then they wont be unscrambled !!!!
Hope this helps
Sloth

Skaali
24-08-10, 15:27
Hi
do you have a valid subscription card ? for any of the channels your trying to watch ? ...if not then they wont be unscrambled !!!!
Hope this helps
Sloth

Which subscription card, Sloth? i flashed the box with an imagine and then searched the relevant satellites which gave me list of channels, now some of them work some don't. Dont think we need a subscription card here.

notanotherone
24-08-10, 20:16
if you want to watch (eg movies or sports) you either have to have a valid sly or some other type card putting an image on your box will not open these channels up

Skaali
24-08-10, 21:16
if you want to watch (eg movies or sports) you either have to have a valid sly or some other type card putting an image on your box will not open these channels up

Where do i get these cards from, as I only want to see the sports channels, other channels are pretty much useless for me.

Thanks for your help

basilyoung
24-08-10, 21:23
the bottom line is, the reciever can see all or most channels, on the various sats, but on its own, it can not decode encrypted channels, unless you own the relivent cards to open such channels
you will be able to watch free to air channels, like bbc world on thor, or bbc on 28 east, some music channels on 13 east

keys when available also open some encypted channels, but at the moment, not a lot is open

but, the dreambox/VU+/technomate 9100 series are normally good, when keys are available, so you have bought the correct unit

how ever, you will do well to load a new image (operating system) the nabilosat blackhole or DreamElite would be best for a biginner like your self

baz

Skaali
24-08-10, 21:28
the bottom line is, the reciever can see all or most channels, on the various sats, but on its own, it can not decode encrypted channels, unless you own the relivent cards to open such channels
you will be able to watch free to air channels, like bbc world on thor, or bbc on 28 east, some music channels on 13 east

keys when available also open some encypted channels, but at the moment, not a lot is open

but, the dreambox/VU+/technomate 9100 series are normally good, when keys are available, so you have bought the correct unit

how ever, you will do well to load a new image (operating system) the nabilosat blackhole or DreamElite would be best for a biginner like your self

baz

A friend of mine has DREAM DM500+ and he is watching the sports and movies channels on it. So possibly the images are out it is just the matter of getting them. May be need to ask him where he got his box from.

Thanks Anyway.

jusaju
24-08-10, 21:38
A friend of mine has DREAM DM500+ and he is watching the sports and movies channels on it. So possibly the images are out it is just the matter of getting them. May be need to ask him where he got his box from.

Thanks Anyway.

Hi
He is watching them by original subs or C/S.
No other way.

basilyoung
24-08-10, 21:40
ask your freind how he is decoding...he no doubt will tell you, and all will be clear to you..its nothing to do with where he bought the unit

pooface
24-08-10, 22:28
As has been said. The box will not decode encrypted channels without being told to. You will need to own the card yourself, or know someone else who does. No more information can be given that that. Talking any further than this about decrypting these channels will incur an infraction, and could lead to a banning...

I know this sounds harsh, but we need to be strict on this...