PDA

View Full Version : Latest VIX Release Issues

frankblueking
22-05-12, 00:07
Am I missing a trick as when downloading enigma plugin settings all satellite plug-ins fail to download consequently I have no bouquets!! Looked for OPKG update but cannot find it. What do I do?
Frankblueking
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

Rob van der Does
22-05-12, 05:11
'Latest ViX Image': which version is that?
You could try in telnet 'opkgupdate' and see what happens when you try to download after that.

frankblueking
22-05-12, 08:20
Many thanks your message. The latest VIX Image version I downloaded is 2.4.96. It has been a nightmare trying to work my way through the process.
I found the TELNET section and typed in OPKG but not clear how to update. I would greatly appreciate a step by step guide for idiots on how to proceed.
Frustrated but not yet beaten!!!
Frankblueking :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
22-05-12, 08:24
just type 'opkgupdate' (exactly as I wrote it here), and try to download the settings afterwards (via the menu).

pooface
22-05-12, 09:01
just type 'opkgupdate' (exactly as I wrote it here), and try to download the settings afterwards (via the menu).

It's actually "opkg update" (note the space between the two ;) Without the space will give a command not found response.

Since you are on build 96, you might want to upgrade the image. Easiest way is to go to vix menu (Blue button -> ViX), choose software update. Alternatively, you can do it in telnet using "opkg update && opkg upgrade". Current latest build is 2.4 119, so you are a few builds behind

frankblueking
22-05-12, 09:18

Hi I typed 'opkgupdate' into the command line but it tells me it is not found. Do you mean try to download Silverfox even though it 'opkgupdate' was not found?
Frankblueking

Trial
22-05-12, 09:25
Hi,
it is called "opkg update" with a space and without hyphen. It is easier with the vix panel and choosing online-update. I think silverfox settings are not on the feed anymore.

ciao

frankblueking
22-05-12, 09:52
It's actually "opkg update" (note the space between the two ;) Without the space will give a command not found response.

Since you are on build 96, you might want to upgrade the image. Easiest way is to go to vix menu (Blue button -> ViX), choose software update. Alternatively, you can do it in telnet using "opkg update && opkg upgrade". Current latest build is 2.4 119, so you are a few builds behind

Thanks again for your message. I have now updated the software to v.119 although not sure if it installed, where do I check? Tried again 'opkg update' but still not found!! Any further advice?
Frankblueking

pooface
22-05-12, 10:10
Thanks again for your message. I have now updated the software to v.119 although not sure if it installed, where do I check? Tried again 'opkg update' but still not found!! Any further advice?
Frankblueking

To check what version you are running, go to Menu -> Information -> About, and it will tell you.

If it is indeed the silverfox bouquets, then they are no longer in the online feeds as Trial stated above...

frankblueking
22-05-12, 10:42
Frankblueking

Hi Guys
Several problems now found, I hope you can understand what it means. I have now managed to get Telnet to find the command opkg "update" (note the placing of inverted commas!!) but it fails to update. It gives error 255. (?) I then tried opkg "update && opkg upgrade" (not sure where inverted commas belong!) It also fails to load but does find the command. (as per previous) I tried updating to v.119 using the Vu menu but that also fails to update so I am stuck on version 96. On trying to download Silverfox0786.28e.and.uk.dtt.hd.swap (20120301-f2 it still fails!! the place this adventure started. I asked a friend on v.2.3 to do the opkg update and it worked fine for him so suspect it is some thing related to v2.4. Can you help before I surrender and go back to version 2.3?
Frankblueking
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

pooface
22-05-12, 11:00
Hi Guys
Several problems now found, I hope you can understand what it means. I have now managed to get Telnet to find the command opkg "update" (note the placing of inverted commas!!) but it fails to update. It gives error 255. (?) I then tried opkg "update && opkg upgrade" (not sure where inverted commas belong!) It also fails to load but does find the command. (as per previous) I tried updating to v.119 using the Vu menu but that also fails to update so I am stuck on version 96. On trying to download Silverfox0786.28e.and.uk.dtt.hd.swap (20120301-f2 it still fails!! the place this adventure started. I asked a friend on v.2.3 to do the opkg update and it worked fine for him so suspect it is some thing related to v2.4. Can you help before I surrender and go back to version 2.3?
Frankblueking
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

There should be no inverted commas. They are there to show the seperation of the command from written text. So, you should write either opkg update && opkg upgrade (now italicised so you can tell the difference, without any commas or anything...

After trying this, please post back...

After doing this, it should show in the plugins that the silverfox channels are no longer available...

Trial
22-05-12, 11:07
Hi,

opkg "update && opkg upgrade" (not sure where inverted commas belong!)
nowhere. The command is:
opkg update && opkg upgrade
and if it fails the feeds might me in maintenance mode.

On trying to download Silverfox
I told you no more Silverfox anymore.

ciao

Rob van der Does
22-05-12, 13:10
Sorry about my mistake; must have been too early.
It is indeed

opkg update
and

opkg update && opkg upgrade

frankblueking
22-05-12, 15:27
There should be no inverted commas. They are there to show the seperation of the command from written text. So, you should write either opkg update && opkg upgrade (now italicised so you can tell the difference, without any commas or anything...

After trying this, please post back...

After doing this, it should show in the plugins that the silverfox channels are no longer available...

Hi and thanks for comments. I have now removed all inverted commas and the result is exactly the same as with the inverted commas, error

255. If Silverfox are not available which plugin is to be used to get bouquets? Apologies if I am being slow!!!
Blueking

pooface
22-05-12, 15:40
Hi and thanks for comments. I have now removed all inverted commas and the result is exactly the same as with the inverted commas, error

255. If Silverfox are not available which plugin is to be used to get bouquets? Apologies if I am being slow!!!
Blueking

Please post all text from the error log, or do a print screen and upload attachment, so that we can see what the error is saying...

frankblueking
22-05-12, 16:38
There is no error log generated on the Vu+ box so I have attached the Printscreen file from the Telnet page after running command opkg update && opkg upgrade. The Telnet page when only opkg update command is used is the same but shorter. Re Silverfox question, I have tried to download many of the other Bouquet Plugins but they also fail. Can you advise me which one to use.
Thanks Frankblueking

Trial
22-05-12, 18:20
Hi,
again
1. I think feeds where in maintenance mode now they should be working
2. You will not get Firefox settings anymore. Mr.Mister (I think) wanted to created something similar.

ciao

frankblueking
23-05-12, 09:19
Hi,
again
1. I think feeds where in maintenance mode now they should be working
2. You will not get Firefox settings anymore. Mr.Mister (I think) wanted to created something similar.

ciao

Many thanks. I am still unable to load updates (see screen print) so gone back to version 2.3 until issues are fixed. I assume you mean Silverfox not Firefox!!! Not sure I understand your statement as I was able to reload Silverfox when I went back to version 2.3. May I ask the question again, if Silverfox is not available for version 2.4 what do you use for your bouquets? I tried most of the other plugins but they also failed to load.
Regards Frankblueking
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Trial
23-05-12, 10:08
Hi,
are you sure that your internet with the STB connection is OK? I had no problems yesterday evening.

Yes of course I meant Silverfox:-) I created my own bouquets two years ago and they are the only ones I use.

ciao

frankblueking
23-05-12, 21:34
Hi,
are you sure that your internet with the STB connection is OK? I had no problems yesterday evening.

Yes of course I meant Silverfox:-) I created my own bouquets two years ago and they are the only ones I use.

ciao

Many thanks your comments/
My internet connection is hard wired. No probs I can see. Sadly I am not capable of creating my own Bouquets so back to my issues for version 2.4!!
Regards Frankbluekig

Larry-G
23-05-12, 21:51
as pointed out Silverfox is no longer providing bouquet packs for the ViX image and as per his request we have removed them from out feeds, a new pack will soon be available by MR. Mister which are based on silverfox's work personally i use a pack called SGTFlipFlop.

if you look in the bouquets section of this forum you will find many many bouquet packs for your receiver that you can load manually that will do the job you need.

pooface
23-05-12, 22:34
Many thanks your comments/
My internet connection is hard wired. No probs I can see. Sadly I am not capable of creating my own Bouquets so back to my issues for version 2.4!!
Regards Frankbluekig

If you are hard wired, then I cannot understand why you would be receiving such problems. When you are telnet'd in to the box, what result do you get from a ping to the server?

root@vuultimo:~# ping enigma2.world-of-satellite.com
PING enigma2.world-of-satellite.com (94.75.215.25): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 94.75.215.25: seq=0 ttl=55 time=35.506 ms
64 bytes from 94.75.215.25: seq=1 ttl=55 time=34.030 ms
64 bytes from 94.75.215.25: seq=2 ttl=55 time=33.892 ms
64 bytes from 94.75.215.25: seq=3 ttl=55 time=36.150 ms

Do you get similar to the above? (box version does not matter, should be same for all boxes)

sivhead
24-05-12, 19:52
as pointed out Silverfox is no longer providing bouquet packs for the ViX image and as per his request we have removed them from out feeds, a new pack will soon be available by MR. Mister which are based on silverfox's work personally i use a pack called SGTFlipFlop.

if you look in the bouquets section of this forum you will find many many bouquet packs for your receiver that you can load manually that will do the job you need.

Thats a shame I appreciated the hard work that Silverfox put in for his boquets and picons. Hope he is still going to be active on the forum, hes a great asset...