PDA

View Full Version : REceiver stuck on starting with RED LED light

newDuo
21-05-12, 18:34
Hi all,

My Vu Duo box shows starting on the LED display and the red LED light is on. Its not responding to inputs from the remote. The same channel comes on when I restart or reboot.

Please help.

Mr. Mister
21-05-12, 18:51
A little more info would be helpful..

What was the last image you had on your Duo. ?
Which image have you flashed now. ?

newDuo
21-05-12, 23:44
There is no message. The channel is showing and the picture is showing as well.
It just says "Starting" on the LED display in front of the box. The red LED light which I believe flashed normally to indicate an input from the remote is solid red. Its not responding to any button presses on the remote.

Also, I have VIX image on the box which was loaded when I bought the box couple of months ago. I don't know how to find the versions or anything. Could you let me know if there is a new version of the image out that I should load. Also, pointers to the image as well as instructions would be really helpful as I am a complete newbie.

Thanks for your ti

basilyoung
21-05-12, 23:53
please reply to this thread again tomorrow, as most peeps are now in bed....but we will get you sorted ( I am knackerd, so cant offer good advice just now )

danska
22-05-12, 00:00
first hello to everybody .
if you have a usb stick plugged ; remove it and try again

pooface
22-05-12, 08:56
OK, this is a common problem with the vu duo...

You will find that if you try using the webif to change channels etc, everything will work perfectly fine... What you will need to do, is to power off the machine from the back of the box. Leave it a good 1-2 minutes. Then, power on, and all should be normal again. If not, try again, and wait a little longer...

As for the latest version, you can find the very latest version here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18171-New-VIX-Image-Vu-Duo-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

Remember though, that this is now the OpenViX, which will contain all latest updates etc, and could also contain unstable updates (altho you can turn off the option to make it accept unstable updates...)