PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Now / Next On Motorised Setup

StuBFrost
21-05-12, 14:31
Hi

I have just installed Vix 2.4 and I am having a problem with the now/next display on quick EPG.

I have set up the EPG to download as per Vix 2.3 and I am getting a full 7 day Sky EPG but on Vix 2.3 if I go to a different satellite eg 13E I would get the now/next program for all channels on the satellite but this doesn't seem to work on Vix 2.4.

Have I set something up wrong or missed a setting ?

Thanks

Stu

Sicilian
21-05-12, 14:35
What are you using for EPG, Crossepg or XMLTV Importer?

basilyoung
21-05-12, 14:35
its working ok here.....

press the ok button and current prog is showing in the info bar, and under it, the next programe

StuBFrost
21-05-12, 14:45
What are you using for EPG, Crossepg or XMLTV Importer?

I set up the EPG as I did on Vix 2.3 which I got from the forum FAQ's so I think it is CrossEPG ?

StuBFrost
21-05-12, 14:46
its working ok here.....

press the ok button and current prog is showing in the info bar, and under it, the next programe

It on the "down arrow" EPG that it isn't showing

basilyoung
21-05-12, 15:04
when on a non uk channel, if you press "OK" DO YOU SEE THE RED/GREEN/YELLOW/BLUE buttons??

StuBFrost
21-05-12, 15:10
when on a non uk channel, if you press "OK" DO YOU SEE THE RED/GREEN/YELLOW/BLUE buttons??

Yes I can see the buttons.

basilyoung
21-05-12, 15:11
in that case,...just press the red button, and all should be revealed

StuBFrost
21-05-12, 17:06
in that case,...just press the red button, and all should be revealed

That's my point. When I press red I get don't get any now/next on channels other than 28.2. If I select a channel it then shows On Vix 2.3 I would get all now/next data for satellites such as 13E.

basilyoung
21-05-12, 17:23
strange...its working here on my Ultimo, Hopefully, someone here might be able to progress this issue for you

Rob van der Does
22-05-12, 05:50
I take it you have (cross or XMLTV) epg import setup for 28.2E. Do you also have it setup for the channels on other satellites you want to watch?
If not: do you also have EIT (and possibly other, depending on the desired channels) epg enabled (in Menu --> Setup --> System --> EPG --> Setup)?
You can also activate both.

StuBFrost
22-05-12, 07:12
I take it you have (cross or XMLTV) epg import setup for 28.2E. Do you also have it setup for the channels on other satellites you want to watch?
If not: do you also have EIT (and possibly other, depending on the desired channels) epg enabled (in Menu --> Setup --> System --> EPG --> Setup)?
You can also activate both.

I only have CrossEPG set up using the Open provider for 28.2E which is how I had it set up in Vix 2.3. Apologies but what is EIT ?

Rob van der Does
22-05-12, 08:02
If you have no EPG enabled, you will indeed see no EPG.........

StuBFrost
22-05-12, 09:49
If you have no EPG enabled, you will indeed see no EPG.........

I still don't get it. I set it up exactly as I did with Vix 2.3 and I get a full 7 day EPG and now/next on 28.2E. I don't get any now/next on any other satellite.

One thing I noticed is that on Vix 2.3 there were menu options that said something like VIASAT download (yes/no) and these are not there on Vix 2.4. Could it be due to this ?

Rob van der Does
22-05-12, 13:24
Again: did you enable EIT (and other epg's if applicable)? If not, you will not see any EPG on channels that are not covered by Cross/XMLTV.

StuBFrost
22-05-12, 13:31
Again: did you enable EIT (and other epg's if applicable)? If not, you will not see any EPG on channels that are not covered by Cross/XMLTV.

I don't know what EIT is so I will have to presume that I haven't enabled it. I will check this evening.

Thanks

Rob van der Does
22-05-12, 13:34
In Menu --> Setup --> System --> EPG --> settings you can enable all kinds of EPG.

EIT is the open DVB standard for EPG, the rest are proprietary systems.