PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] ET9200 Vers 2.4 Information Q - lack of.....

twol
21-05-12, 10:52
On Main Menu with Image 2.4 (all versions), clicking on Information only gives responses for About and Service, rest give no response.
Should they work? (haven't used VIX before)

Apart from that I like VIX 2.4 on ET9200, much more straight forward than other images.

Larry-G
21-05-12, 11:20
yes you should see information under the other headings like so.

basilyoung
21-05-12, 11:21
Welcome to the Forum, and hope you enjoy your stay here

as far as the about/services goes, its just information about the image/unit

sevice will tell you about the current channel you are watching ( vidio format etc )
about = the image/drivers info
devices, = what tuners you have/usb, hard drives, and any network servers on your systems
memory shows the status of your units free memory
network shows the addy of the unit/mac code

twol
21-05-12, 16:30
No do not see any of these screens, it just returns to the normal screen display and if I hit exit it returns to the Information screen.
I am running with the latest HDglass16 skin.

Regards
Twol

Rob van der Does
21-05-12, 16:31
I am running with the latest HDglass16 skin.
Ahh, that explains it than: HDGlass is not compatible with ViX.

twol
21-05-12, 16:34
Ahh, that explains it than: HDGlass is not compatible with ViX.
can you enlarge on "compatible", as everything appears fine apart from this function :confused:

Rob van der Does
21-05-12, 16:41
can you enlarge on "compatible", as everything appears fine apart from this function :confused:
Than you are very lucky. The degree of (in)compatibility varies per version (of both the image and the skin). Apart from that, installing the skin also hacks a number of system-files. And of course that not done, and ensures future trouble.

Larry-G
21-05-12, 17:09

The OpenViX image it self is very highly customised and while the HD Glass 16 skins do largely work on ViX there are many areas of the skin that are not working properly as the skin is not designed to or updated to work with the OpenViX images.

twol
21-05-12, 17:25
The OpenViX image it self is very highly customised and while the HD Glass 16 skins do largely work on ViX there are many areas of the skin that are not working properly as the skin is not designed to or updated to work with the OpenViX images.
OK will change if it starts breaking, I went from 2.4.96 to 112 without problems :)

Larry-G
21-05-12, 17:30
OK will change if it starts breaking, I went from 2.4.96 to 112 without problems :)

although OpenViX is not fully compatible with the HD Glass Skin i would not say that in a negative way as i my self used it for a number of months on my uno, it is a nice looking skin. the main problems are that it tries to do too much and is therefore in my opinion way over bloated and as pointed out by rob it ties it self into many areas of the image and becomes a real problem when trying to remove the leftovers of the skin if you ever choose to de-install it.

twol
21-05-12, 17:57
although OpenViX is not fully compatible with the HD Glass Skin i would not say that in a negative way as i my self used it for a number of months on my uno, it is a nice looking skin. the main problems are that it tries to do too much and is therefore in my opinion way over bloated and as pointed out by rob it ties it self into many areas of the image and becomes a real problem when trying to remove the leftovers of the skin if you ever choose to de-install it.
Although I usually like simplicity, the new (to me) VIX skins are very simple and more importantly for me are poor visually - even the logo's are not as clear as with this skin or those on other images - in fact although I really like the overall setup structure (apart from EPG) and simplicity of the VIX image compared to other images, on my monitor the screen displays are not as good, and was looking to reboot back to another image.
So VIX structure and ability to do things - really good, screen displays on my monitor - so so. (and with the same receiver, monitor, and I guess drivers, that has to be in the different software extensions.