PDA

View Full Version : Solo stuck on loading screen

stevief34
21-05-12, 10:13
I bought a new VU+ Solo last week, flashed with latest bootloader and Vix image, added bouquet, got CCcam up and running all was good.

However, when I went to use the box last night I was met with a blank screen. On rebooting, the Vix loading screen came up but it would not move beyond this. After a bit of reading on the forum about similar problems I reflashed the image, went through the set up process etc. but, after a scan, it again stuck on the loading screen and would not budge. I tried this a few times with the same result.

Others with similar difficulties have been advised that this may be a warranty issue, but I would appreciate any advice on how I might resolve this before I go down that route.

Sicilian
21-05-12, 11:08
Re-flash the receiver with latest Solo image here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo/

Setup fresh and do not restore any backup settings. Also try booting without ethernet cable attached.

stevief34
21-05-12, 11:39
Re-flash the receiver with latest Solo image here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo/

Setup fresh and do not restore any backup settings. Also try booting without ethernet cable attached.

Thanks for the response. Will try flashing with the latest image when I get home, although I flashed with the latest image as of last Thursday, I think. I've already tried rebooting with the ethernet cable removed, but this made no difference.

Will report back once I try the latest image.

Sicilian
21-05-12, 12:01
One last thing, are you 100% sure the new image flashed? Do you check the LED status? Also did you get the start up wizard after the loading screen? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick

stevief34
21-05-12, 13:36
One last thing, are you 100% sure the new image flashed? Do you check the LED status? Also did you get the start up wizard after the loading screen? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick

Yes, I went through the flashing process and ended up with the flashing green LED. I got the start up wizard and was able to set preferences but after the satellite scan I was left stuck on the loading screen.

Sicilian
21-05-12, 13:40
Yes, I went through the flashing process and ended up with the flashing green LED. I got the start up wizard and was able to set preferences but after the satellite scan I was left stuck on the loading screen.

That is 100% correct, after that you either have to upload channel settings/bouquets or run a manual satellite scan.

basilyoung
21-05-12, 13:41
is the unit unresponsive, ie, if you reboot, ( minus any usb,s ) does it boot up at all?

stevief34
21-05-12, 13:51
That is 100% correct, after that you either have to upload channel settings/bouquets or run a manual satellite scan.

I will go this process again, but after running a scan, nothing appeared. Perhaps I ran an automatic scan - would that make a difference?

stevief34
21-05-12, 13:53
is the unit unresponsive, ie, if you reboot, ( minus any usb,s ) does it boot up at all?

It boots (minus usbs) as far as the loading screen and I can access the menu via the menu button.

Sicilian
21-05-12, 13:59
It boots (minus usbs) as far as the loading screen and I can access the menu via the menu button.

Like I said above, you need to either run a manual satellite scan or upload channel settings/bouqets.

stevief34
21-05-12, 19:19
Guys - all is now well. I just added in my bouquet again and the channels reappeared. Apologies for troubling you and being such a noob. All your advice was much appreciated. Many thanks.

Larry-G
24-05-12, 06:40
Guys - all is now well. I just added in my bouquet again and the channels reappeared. Apologies for troubling you and being such a noob. All your advice was much appreciated. Many thanks.

No need to apologize, that's why were here, to help those who need our help.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2