PDA

View Full Version : usb hdd

neo.70
20-05-12, 10:51
Hi i am having issues with my usb hdd, it won`t initialise for love nor money, it was fine in vix 2.3, i have even formatted with vucc and it worked and recorded with 2.4 until the next turn off then nothing just an error, anybody else having issues with usb hardrive??? or has my hdd gone bad thanks.

Larry-G
20-05-12, 10:55
Have you enabled NFS in the network settings ?

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 11:10
Have you enabled NFS in the network settings ?
Are you sure that is required for an USB-drive?

Larry-G
20-05-12, 11:12
Are you sure that is required for an USB-drive?

not 100% no but it would not hurt any thing by trying it.

neo.70
20-05-12, 11:59
no i haven`t enabled it mate, but i haven`t done it in previous image either, i will give it a go, and might pay a brief visit to another image to see if i have issues with another image, thanks for reply will get back to you a little later....

Larry-G
20-05-12, 12:04
no i haven`t enabled it mate, but i haven`t done it in previous image either, i will give it a go, and might pay a brief visit to another image to see if i have issues with another image, thanks for reply will get back to you a little later....

In the previous versions of the ViX image these kinds of network features were installed as default, in ViX 2.4 they have been removed but all you have to do is go into the network section and click on their names and you will be asked if you want to install.

neo.70
20-05-12, 14:52
just for info install bh latest image and harddrive initialised and works so far very good, i did try as you suggested phoenix with the same end result, but thanks for the help.

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 14:57
Hmmm using USB-HDD without any problem here.
What does the mountmanager say about this drive?

neo.70
20-05-12, 14:58
sorry at moment can`t tell you, maybe i will revert back at weekend as i prefare vix its familiar to me. All i know is the drive is recoqnised by uno but it wont initialise. Posibly a error by me but all i know is no problem bh, vix 2.3 same method.