PDA

View Full Version : What's the differnce between SGTFlipFlop and Silverfox?

micah1880
20-05-12, 10:16
Hi,

I want up to date bouquets for 28.2e. What/if any are the differences between these two?

Are there any advantages/disadvantages for using one over the other?

Thanks

Larry-G
20-05-12, 10:21
The silverfox bouquets follow the exact same number layout as a official sky uk receiver so by pressing 101 you get BBC 1, 503 BBC news, 509 Fox News etc etc. the only downside is that in order to do this the bouquet also have to have a number of so called "placeholders" ( blank channels ) within otherwise the bouquet would not keep the numbering intact.

The SGTFlipFlop bouquets while still laid out in a friendly easy to use way does not follow the Sky UK numbering.

Stanman
20-05-12, 10:22
layout, not used sgt flipflop but from the last time i tried they did not follow sly numbering whereas silverfox do.

Bluto141
20-05-12, 12:34
Flipflop is set up with channel set up for scottish telivision channels instead of london

i use flipflop and it is sound

Sicilian
20-05-12, 14:58
Please do not post questions in downloads sections.

rikesh
26-05-12, 15:09
Have used silverfox's excellent settings up until now.

Which alternative channel settings also follow Sky numbering with HD swap?

Many thanks

Larry-G
26-05-12, 15:29
Have used silverfox's excellent settings up until now.

Which alternative channel settings also follow Sky numbering with HD swap?

Many thanks

pretty much none. although you could use the DreamboxUK frontend software to create your own Sky uk based bouquet as this is what silverfox originally based his own bouquets on. the good thing about this method is that you can exactly tailor the bouquets to your liking with your own regional bbc and itv channels etc etc.