PDA

View Full Version : Vu+duo to tv.

Blu-ray
20-05-12, 10:05
Hi, Have Vu+Duo with motor and twin lnb and would like to know if it is possible to connect my Samsung tv with Freesat to my Duo as a 3rd tuner so i can record from tv and save on Duo H/Drive.

Stanman
20-05-12, 10:07
No its not mate. Sundek do usb dvb sticks that work and new version is out.

Maxwell
20-05-12, 10:09
Which model of Samsung TV ? It would have to be able to record to network locations for this to work also the record format would have to be compatable with the duo mediaplayer

Blu-ray
20-05-12, 10:10
An info on model No and cost.

Blu-ray
20-05-12, 10:20
The new Samsung smart tv 8000d with freesat and internet.

Larry-G
20-05-12, 10:36
if you have another E2 receiver you could "stream" it's tuner using the remote stream convert plugin, however the stream acts like a recording so if you stream a tuner from a single tuner box it will have to be in standby or for example i often stream a free tuner from my ultimo to one of my other receivers and it works fantastically well with full EPG and record functions etc.

basilyoung
20-05-12, 11:11
if you have another E2 receiver you could "stream" it's tuner using the remote stream convert plugin, however the stream acts like a recording so if you stream a tuner from a single tuner box it will have to be in standby or for example i often stream a free tuner from my ultimo to one of my other receivers and it works fantastically well with full EPG and record functions etc.

obviously this is using loop through from a spare tuner, if I am reading correctly? if so the ultimo becomes a server to another E2 unit ( streaming )?

Larry-G
20-05-12, 11:17
obviously this is using loop through from a spare tuner, if I am reading correctly? if so the ultimo becomes a server to another E2 unit ( streaming )?

a kind of virtual loop through mate. basically you install the plugin on the box you want to watch the streamed tuner on so for example on my uno. i then go into the options of the plugin and enter ther details for the box i want to stream from ( the ultimo ). The plugin will do it's thing and create a new set of bouquets under your existing ones, all you do is click on one of those channels in this bouquet and it streams over your network, the stream will tie up the tuner it is using on the original box but it contains all epg data etc.

it works fantastically well.

here is the plugin ( although i think rob also added it to his third party plugins in the feeds ).

basilyoung
20-05-12, 11:34
thats something I have previously thought to be impossible, I,ve always thought the "input" of a tuner was just that, and nothing else, so another E2 unit with the plugin installed can use say the Ulitmo, and I assume get signal from the Ultimo via its other tuners? or have I gone totally thick?

I surpose the best way to understand this,..is do it and see for myself, I am thinking of using my ET9000 ( Ultimo streaming to the ET on tuner B, therefore allowing decode via the Ulitimo )

Larry-G
20-05-12, 11:38
thats something I have previously thought to be impossible, I,ve always thought the "input" of a tuner was just that, and nothing else, so another E2 unit with the plugin installed can use say the Ulitmo, and I assume get signal from the Ultimo via its other tuners? or have I gone totally thick?

I surpose the best way to understand this,..is do it and see for myself, I am thinking of using my ET9000 ( Ultimo streaming to the ET on tuner B, therefore allowing decode via the Ulitimo )

It does not tie up the tuners on the box your receiving the stream on you can still use them for recording etc, it just borrows a spare tuner from the "donor" machine the Ultimo in this case. so i can literally turn the Uno into a dual tuner, recording on the uno's own tuner while streaming a free tuner from my ultimo. as i said it will tie up the tuner it is "borrowing" from the ultimo though.

basilyoung
20-05-12, 11:42
got it now, this could be handy....will have a play,..once I have done my chores,...grass cutting etc