PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo tuner problem

WOIIFTM
19-05-12, 22:44
Hi all,

I need your advice. :confused:

Bought me an Ultimo to replace a Duo that I wanted to use in my office. The Ultimo is hooked up to the same cables I used with the Duo. The Duo works like a charm, never a problem.

With the Ultimo I seem to loose signal form the LNB from time tot time (showing up a no signal on the signal meter). But when I use the satfinder plugin with a predefined transponder, the signal kicks in again. Going back to viewing, nothing but most times after a while the signal returns. Played with the tuner settings no change.

When I do have signal and running a recording the channel I'm watching shows a poor quality picture with dropouts. I tried a number of emus (I have a home alone box) no change. Tried different images, no change.

So I wondering, do I have buggy tuners/box and how can I check this or is this one of those 'features' with an Ultimo box that needs to be ironed out with one of the following driver/kernel updates? The unit is still under warranty and will go back to the vendor but I want to be sure the box/tuners are faulty and not misbehaving because of driver/ image issues.

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 04:55
How many tuners does your Ultimo have, and in which slots are they?

Stanman
20-05-12, 10:16
Using Ultimo with three cables and never hd an issue - no picture break up, have had occasionak recordings with nothing recorded but experience that on other bixex as well.

Is the thrird tuner seated properly?

WOIIFTM
20-05-12, 10:48
Right, I should have put this in my original post: just two sat tuners are installed in position A and B, the third slot (C) is empty. I tried reseating the tuners but no change. I there a need to fill all slots?

I didn't buy a third tuner yet , I was planning to wait and see how the DVB-T situation in Belgium evolved before deciding on a third tuner.

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 10:50
No, this is fine. I just wanted to be sure that slot b is not empty, while slot c is in use.
I think you have a hardware problem, but you could check if the tuners are fully engaged in the slots, and maybe swap tuner 1 & 2 to see if that makes any change.

WOIIFTM
20-05-12, 12:55
Should have thought about this earlier:

Just checked the voltages on the Ultimo's LNB connectors (without LNB's attached), the voltage drops to 0V occasionally and there seems to be some variation on the 13V (13.9 to 14.2) and 18V (19.1 to 19.9) readings. Also switching between 13/18 does seem not work all the time. So either I have a busted box or busted tuners (my idea: the box). So this box goes back to the vendor.