PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo EPG

chrismarworth
19-05-12, 19:23
I have two Uno boxes and a Duo which I have updated with the latest ViX images. Since doing this the cross epg on the Duo looses all listings when coming out of standby, and then only updates to the listing for the current time plus the next programme. The two Uno boxes do not lose their listing when coming out of standby and the EPG is fully populated. To the best of my knowledge i have installed the EPG on the three boxes in exactly the same way.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

mauri
19-05-12, 22:31
I have two Uno boxes and a Duo which I have updated with the latest ViX images. Since doing this the cross epg on the Duo looses all listings when coming out of standby, and then only updates to the listing for the current time plus the next programme. The two Uno boxes do not lose their listing when coming out of standby and the EPG is fully populated. To the best of my knowledge i have installed the EPG on the three boxes in exactly the same way.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

The symptom you have, I've had it for months on my Vu+Duo, running Vix 2.3.204
The same was when I ugraded to Vix 2.4.96. Actually it got bad - frequent crashes.
It seems for whatever reason, the box, when tries to 'load' the epg.dat files that just dowloaded - it crashes and when rebooting it does not have the epg loaded.

My personal experience was that the usb stick did cause the crashes.
I solved my problem with these EPG settings:

epg.dat location to HDD (not usb stick, not internal flash)
automatic save No
automatic refresh no
load on boot no
load on tune yes

good luck

chrismarworth
19-05-12, 23:55
Thank you Mauri, that certainly seems to have done the trick. I am very grateful for your help.

Chris

olly
03-07-12, 20:11
Hi i have the same problem on my vu solo,crashes on parsing...on have to pull the plug as box will not respond. How do i get round this,as i have no hdd was using usb?

andys0506
03-07-12, 20:29
Hi i have the same problem on my vu solo,crashes on parsing...on have to pull the plug as box will not respond. How do i get round this,as i have no hdd was using usb?

Hi make sure that your USB has been formatted in the duo. I had similar problems using one formatted under windows.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

olly
04-07-12, 14:27
I already have it formatted,retried and it did not crash this time.

BCFC