PDA

View Full Version : solo usb pvr issues

Ghostleader
19-05-12, 15:29
Hi there i managed to get a "intenso" 16 gig stick to work for recording but it was garbage at HD recording, so I have never had any problems with Sandisk or TDK usb drives as pvr drives in other non Linux HD recievers, so I was keen to try this 32gig Sandisk drive I have, I formatted it on my PC as fat32 but now comes the tricky bit, cant really remember how to go about how to get the drive to work, I'm on vix 2.3, I have tried to mount it via the green button in mount manager but its crashed my box with a black & white error screen each time, help please, I am scared to try anything else without help!

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 15:32
A crash means that there's a crashreport: post it here please.

Ghostleader
19-05-12, 15:40
Sorry mate, Im new to this Linux game, where would this be recorded?

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 15:41
In /home/root/logs or in hdd/logs

Larry-G
19-05-12, 15:43
Menu> system> setup> logs> logs manager. fill out your user details so we can track the logs then you can send them directly from box receiver via the logs manager.
also as your using ViX 2.3 i would suggest you make a full backup.

Blue button> ViX> image manager> Menu ( to setup the backup destination ) > yellow button. copy this backup once is is done to your PC and install ViX 2.4 as your problem is likely already fixed in this version of the image.

of course if you find you dont like ViX 2.4 you can use the backup you made to flash back to your existing ViX 2.3 setup.