PDA

View Full Version : Diseqc Guide for Vu Duo?

GAH2402
19-05-12, 11:55
Hi Guys,

Got my new dish, twin LNB and Diseqc mount, does anyone have a step by step guide for setting up a Diseqc mount on a Vu Duo? I've previously used a polar mount and actuator, so this is all new to me! Which tuner (A or B) do I attach the mount to?

Any help greatfully appreciated!

GAH

basilyoung
19-05-12, 12:08
I take it you are referring to a motorized setup,
as you are using a twin lnb ( as both feeds will be on the same sat ) one cable will come from the motor, I surgest you tag it, at the reciever end, so you no which cable controls the motor
so in this case, either tuner A or B does,nt really matter, but preferred tuner for recording purpuses should be which ever cable controls the dish
as far as the tuner setup goea
set the motorized to simple
set one to motorized, and use USALs and input your geo position ( assumming your dish motor is set up correctly )
the other tuner would be set to "equal to"

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 12:20
Sorry, this is not correct:
1- If 'preferred tuner' is set to 'auto', as it will be by default, the box will know exactly what to do;
2- The tuner which has the cable that goes to the motor should indeed be set to USALS, but the other tuner should be set to to 'second cable from motor'.

And I would always use 'advanced', so you know exactly what is happening, but that is a personal choice.

GAH2402
19-05-12, 18:15
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice, and yes it is a motorized setup. Hope to get it set up next week.

GAH