PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo Tner B - no output

jd58
18-05-12, 21:14
Hi My tuner B has no output -tested with multimeter. Hence dish motor not moving. Is this a software issue or likely dead tuner. Can these be repaired or replaced if not a software issue?

Image is VIX build 204

mauri
18-05-12, 21:19
Hi My tuner B has no output -tested with multimeter. Hence dish motor not moving. Is this a software issue or likely dead tuner. Can these be repaired or replaced if not a software issue?

Image is VIX build 204

if I was you, I would first swap the cables between tuners, then do a fresh reinstall with the latest image build.
Then, if the same symptons, I would deduct that it's a hardware problem...On this 'chapter' I can't suggest since I do not have any info on spare parts but I guess there should be plenty around and a normal TV service shop would do the change of the old tuner and weld the new one easily.

good luck!

jd58
18-05-12, 22:15
if I was you, I would first swap the cables between tuners, then do a fresh reinstall with the latest image build.
Then, if the same symptons, I would deduct that it's a hardware problem...On this 'chapter' I can't suggest since I do not have any info on spare parts but I guess there should be plenty around and a normal TV service shop would do the change of the old tuner and weld the new one easily.

good luck!

I switched cables and changed tuner config and reconnected sly dish to tuner A and motor to tuner B - no signal from either?????? I would have expected tuner A to work with motor which is set at 28.2E using sat meter at the dish also the tuner was configured for advanced etc. but nothing. So suspect a software issue an will re-install latest VIX image and report back. :cool:

basilyoung
18-05-12, 22:38
daft question, but are you sure the coax cable/fly lead to the lnb are ok?

Stanman
18-05-12, 22:52
You should set Tuner A as positioner when the motor was on it and try again.

jd58
19-05-12, 23:07
You should set Tuner A as positioner when the motor was on it and try again.

Update new image - no change. Changed sky dish to Tuner B - it works but Motor not working on Tuner A so I suspect a cable malfunction. Got mate (ex sky engineer) coming round in morning to test cable etc.

basilyoung
19-05-12, 23:14
well thats good news hopefully

often its the simple things that cause the big problems

jd58
21-05-12, 20:10
Sorted the problem out. Bad connection within the H-H motor on the receiver input.Made good connection did not need to strip down motor this time to refit F connector barrel!!!! :thumbsup: