PDA

View Full Version : Would OpenWebIF work on a TV Browser

markus625
18-05-12, 20:47
Im considering buying a new TV for the bedroom either a new Samsung or LG cinema 3D with the smart internet and web browser built in, what would be interesting to know if any of these new tv's can handle the openwebif in there browsers and how they handle the M3U streaming file and thus open it up and play it.

I know the latest LG can handle html5 and adobe flash but without having one in front of me i have no way of knowing, so i would be interested to know if any one on here has experimented with one.

It would be cool if it worked without a Pc etc.

machare
21-05-12, 01:07
My Samsung TV would display the Openwebif web pages, but I could not view a channel. The error message was 'Downloads not supported'.

Rob van der Does
21-05-12, 06:05
My Samsung TV would display the Openwebif web pages, but I could not view a channel.
But there are other, more convenient ways to view a channel on your TV, I hope :D

markus625
21-05-12, 16:02
I suspect most modern internet connected tv's dont know what to do with the m3u stream.

machare
21-05-12, 23:32
My Samsung TV will however display TV channels being received by my PC running DVBViewer recording service.
The DVBViewer recording service appears on my home network as a Upnp server.

Do MiniDLNA or Ushare make receivable TV channels available to Upnp clients, or just recorded programmes?

markus625
22-05-12, 14:26
Would it be possible to then stream the tv channels from a dreambox via the dlna service like tuxbox does in xbmc.

markus625
06-06-12, 17:19
Guys managed to stream a channel to my new smart LG tv via the browser by directly typing the channel stream address i.e

http://192.168.2.34:8001/1:0:19:F15:7F1:2:11A0000:0:0:0::Sky1 HD

The only caveat is that the stream is centered in the window and not full screen and also it plays the 1st Narrated audio stream, so not sure what else i can do so anyone have any ideas.

dezza9995
01-07-12, 00:40
It isn't possible to change to a different audio stream on these TV's. It will only play the first audio listed in the stream.

pacha2
25-08-12, 20:29
My Samsung ES8000 is the same it doesn't like the .m3u playlist format that it is given to do the streaming of live tv.
I have got it streaming the recordings using minidlna and they work pretty nicely even HD over a wired LAN.

I also tried the using the browser directly to a stream as you described, and that gives "Download Failed", so I'm still looking for the neatest way to watch my Duo live from another room. I have the analogue RF picture as backup, but that looks dreadful.

Turbo
28-12-12, 10:15
I've not tried it (not got an Enigma Sat receiver yet, although thinking of getting one an would look to integrate it with my other Sammy TV's / Plex, etc) but I believe there's a widget for Samsung Smart TV's called NetPlayer which might help.

My ideal solution would be to have Plex (another Sammy App) be able to control the Sat Receiver.

http://tvwidget.pl/widgety.html