PDA

View Full Version : VU Playing up

Stanman
23-08-10, 01:10
Its not been a good weekend for box:confused::mad:

Any way went to shut down box and remembered need to do something, so turned it back on and no sound on any channel. Have clicked on audio and selectted the variouse selections but still nothing.

I shut down completely and even from the back, it came back on, still the same but the LCD stayed on "starting" and remote was not responding, so I did a shut down from the back and everything was normaly again but still not sound!!!:confused:

xarqi
23-08-10, 01:13
Cable problem? Can you check the audio input the VU is attached to to ensure that if it were producing a signal, it would be heard?

grtmoby
23-08-10, 01:43
also check if it is muted or volume level went to minimum

Stanman
23-08-10, 08:06
Will check the cable but I didn't move it before audio died.

GRT - checked mute on VU and telly but both are OK.

Sicilian
23-08-10, 10:24
Maybe try a re-flash.

xarqi
23-08-10, 10:31
Are you using HDMI, optical, or RCA to hook up the audio?

canthackit
23-08-10, 13:17
i get this quite often mate.

what i do and it's not ideal but works for me is....on the audio button select NAS and close the option and then reopen the audio option and select AC3 or whatever.

if that dont work and like me your using an Amp on AV settings select downmix close it down and reopen then select AC3.

i hope this helps.

regards: canthackit

pooface
23-08-10, 13:57
I sometimes have problem with audio when box crashes, in that there is no audio. If I change a channel then go back to the channel, it is working fine... Might not work at all, but a suggestion...

Stanman
25-08-10, 18:33
I don't have a amp
@pooface, that happens to me but this time it was totally different.

In the end I gave up and went to bed. in the morning it was fine and has been since. reflash was next option but not preferred likely the gremlins had gone by the morn.