View Full Version : Anyone able to help me with a few queries about vu duo

vunewbie
17-05-12, 20:58
Will take me a while to type them on here

Anyone have msn that can help

Much appreciated :0

Maxwell
17-05-12, 21:01
post them here one at a time if you want and provide as much info about your setup as you can

vunewbie
17-05-12, 21:14
I wanted a step by step guide to setup streaming to laptop/pc and iphone

if you have msn and can help let me know and ill add you (saves clogging up this place with messages)

cheers

Larry-G
17-05-12, 21:16
How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12061-How-To-Stream-TV-To-iPhone-amp-iPad-amp-PC-amp-Others...)

Maxwell
17-05-12, 21:17
there are already guides for that on here look in the vix support centre and the vu duo section or use the search

Stanman
17-05-12, 21:24
Whlist using MSN will help you out, it will not help other forum members when / if they have similar issues and or queries, that is why we ask for all questions to be put on the forum and not PM / MSN to members

vunewbie
17-05-12, 21:55
im using bt infinity

is there an easier why of setting up port forwarding?

it has a list of devices connected but not sure which one the vu duo is

Larry-G
17-05-12, 21:58
Menu> information> Network.

This will show you you'r ip, netmask and MAC details.

basilyoung
17-05-12, 21:59
get the mac code off the unit, or go menu / setup / system, network, device setup, adaptor settings...this will give the units address

vunewbie
17-05-12, 22:32
the numbers dont match whats on bthomehub.home

grrr

basilyoung
17-05-12, 22:36
are you sure the unit is internet connected?

ie, can you download via the unit, ie...press menu, plugins...green button, download plugins??....if so, you should see a list of available plugins ( not the pre installed plugins )

vunewbie
17-05-12, 22:44
loads have come up what should i be ooking for

basilyoung
17-05-12, 22:48
settings for one, might as well download a channel setting..ie "catseye" listings,

but clearly your unit is connected to the internet, so it should be easy to identify on your router,

another option is to set the unit to a static ip, ie, 192.168.1.180 so it will then be easy to find on the router, disable DHCP, then change the address

vunewbie
17-05-12, 22:57
to set up port forwarding onbt home hub it asks what game its for etc lol

talking over msn would be a lot easier

basilyoung
17-05-12, 23:05
seems to me, that you need to do some research of your own, and why do you need port forwarding to the unit? its not needed in normal curcumstances, and you seem to be a total newbie, not only to the unit, but to routers etc as well,

vunewbie
17-05-12, 23:16
the link that was attached says port forwarding

basilyoung
17-05-12, 23:17
attatched to what??

vunewbie
17-05-12, 23:20
i have it now working on my iphone :)

thanks your a hero

now to setup on laptop

basilyoung
17-05-12, 23:21
are you on about streaming??

web interface etc?

vunewbie
17-05-12, 23:35
yes what program is best for that?

basilyoung
17-05-12, 23:40
I am not up to date on this subject, but useing "firefox" ( webbrowser ) on a comp just type in the units address, ie: 192.168.1.150:80

microsoft media player should work, one other thing...the port forwarding, if you have a fast internet, to watch your system over the internet,..you will need to get port forwarding sorted along with a dns address... ( no-ip or simular )

vunewbie
18-05-12, 00:31
yes just had infinity 2 installed

Huevos
18-05-12, 08:25
the link that was attached says port forwardingIt is really not clear from the first post what you are trying to do.

Port forwarding: this is only necessary if you (or someone else) are trying to connect to your receiver from external public internet (WAN). If you are just trying to connect between devices on your internal home network (LAN) you do not need port forwarding.

Stanman
18-05-12, 15:01
yes just had infinity 2 installed

You got the Openreach white modem with the HH or is it all in one?

If separare, than get a WNR2000 netgear router of ebay for anything from £5 - £25 depending on how luck you are and PF is a breeze on it. You enter the devices MAC address and it does the rest but if you want to stick with HH, have a read here on how to do it.

http://portforward.com/

Use the search box top RHS of screen

sivhead
18-05-12, 16:32
If its just streaming inside your house ie playing a channel on your iphone from your Vuduo then as said before port forwarding is not required. The best iphone app for streaming is Dreambox Live on the Appstore. you just need to enter your Vuduo details into the app. No port forwarding required. Unless you have a 10mb upload speed then streaming outside your house will not work. If you do have a 10mb upload speed then yes do the port forwarding and you will be able to watch your tv on your phone using dreambox live.

So 1st step Download the dreambox live app and get streaming working on the wireless of your own home to your iphone. Once you have this working
find out from your internet service provider what your upload speed is. If its 10mb then setup portforwarding and test again.

In fact Its still good idea to setup port forwarding anyway so you can set your recording whilst not at home.

3rd way is transocding the stream on your pc. it can be done but you will need to transcode the stream to something considerably smaller than the live feed.
I think you can use airplayer, plex,wowza, Tversity (which I think is no longer free and they are bringing out airflinger soon which will be interesting)