PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Update causes louder fan

Rahat786786
17-05-12, 18:15
Updated to vix 2.4 yesterday and today had flashing green light so updated to build 101. Now whenever the vu is one the fan can be heard but in standby its quiet like it used to be. Before moving to build 101 the fan was quiet when running, any help?

Maxwell
17-05-12, 18:17
menu>setup>system>fan control

Rahat786786
17-05-12, 18:17
What do i do there? I want it how it was set up previously but as i didnt note it down i dont know the settings mate, can you assist me?

Maxwell
17-05-12, 18:21
the default setting was off, and no

Rahat786786
17-05-12, 18:23
That is how it is but the fan is still noticably louder than before.

Rob van der Does
17-05-12, 18:31
There's no way we can influence the fan's behaviour of the DUO, so this must be an coincidence.
The only thing the image(plugin) can do is to set the fan to (intermittent) on or off in standby.

MarsArtis
28-07-12, 17:45
There's no way we can influence the fan's behaviour of the DUO, so this must be an coincidence.
The only thing the image(plugin) can do is to set the fan to (intermittent) on or off in standby.

Hi Rob
can you please describe more deeply the Fan Control settings? I've found nowhere any documenatation about various settings so I'm not sure what they are supposed to do.
THX in advance

Rob van der Does
28-07-12, 17:54
If you don't use fancontrol on a DUO, the fan will always be working. If the fan is working, it is always at full speed (as there is no hardware RPM-regulator).
Using the plugin you can set the fan to be inactive, when the box is in standby (even so: if a recording is going on, the fan will be turned on).
And (mainly for your own peace of mind) you can set the fan to be active during standby every xx out of yy minutes.

MarsArtis
28-07-12, 18:24
Sorry Rob, but I'm not sure It's clear to me. And Please forgive me.
Let's see If I've understood:

FAN BASIC ACTION ON
it means that the fan will run even if the DUO is in standby mode. Rite?

FAN BASIC ACTION OFF
this way we have one more setting: USE FAN TIMER
if we set USE FAN TIMER YES
we then have:
Fan on duration time tells the fan to run for given number of minutes
Fan off duration time tells the fan to be inactive for given number of minutes

if we set it to NO what does it mean?

Rob van der Does
28-07-12, 18:49
FAN BASIC ACTION ON
it means that the fan will run even if the DUO is in standby mode. Rite?
Rite.

FAN BASIC ACTION OFF
this way we have one more setting: USE FAN TIMER
if we set USE FAN TIMER YES
we then have:
Fan on duration time tells the fan to run for given number of minutes
Fan off duration time tells the fan to be inactive for given number of minutes

if we set it to NO what does it mean?
That means that the fan-timer will not be used (i.e. 'off' during standby).
Again: if a recording is going on, the fan will always be active, whatever the settings.

Unless you DUO is 'build in' between heat producing devices (such as amplifiers) it is safe to disable the fan during stand by.

borg
05-12-12, 20:56
This happened to me, I noticed with the top cover off the fan was back to normal noise level put the cover back on level raised again. Sorted this by installing anti vibration washers between fan and back panel, you can get them off eBay.