PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to extract a TM800_update.bin image to a folder on computer?

simon4545
17-05-12, 16:03
Hi everyone

Does anybody know how to extract a TM800_update.bin image to a folder on your computer? I have tried Izarc, 7zip, and winzip without success does it need to be extracted to a linux file system, would be helpful to explore the files in the image and to make changes without messing up the file system on the box.

Thanks

Stanman
17-05-12, 20:03
Have you tried winrar?

simon4545
18-05-12, 21:21
Ive tried winrar and it does not work anything else to try thanks

Rob van der Does
18-05-12, 21:23
Nope, you can't extract such an image.

digidude
20-05-12, 11:18
you cannot 'unpack' a compiled image, but, if you know HOW the image was built, then its possible to mount the image to external storage, compress it, move it to a linux based operating system, and uncompress it

tbh though, if you already have an image, then its easier to play with the live filesystem on the receiver, and if you mess anything up, reflash and start again

i spent a year teaching myself all about enigma2 workings in this exact way, on the TM800

only to find out that just about everything that i had learned, is wrong, as things on the TM800 work completley different to every other E2 based receiver

Sicilian
20-05-12, 11:25
This will open a number if images ;) When opening allow a bit of time for the image bin file to open as it will appear as not responding at first. Select Alle Dateien in drop down box when opening a file.