PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] flashing REC

delboy1
17-05-12, 15:07
hello,
i am using ViX-2.4.96 on ultimo.
Can the REC that flashes in the window when recording, be changed to solid (not flashing).

it was solid on 2.3.

thank you.

Sicilian
17-05-12, 15:21
Moved to correct section and tagged.

Huevos
17-05-12, 17:45
Can the REC that flashes in the window when recording, be changed to solid (not flashing).No, not from the menu. There was a discussion among the team and it was decided that both the REC and the update icons would flash.

Larry-G
17-05-12, 17:48
I believe you can manually edit the skin.xml files to remove the blinking effect but you would have to do this every time the image is updated as those files would be overwritten

Rob van der Does
17-05-12, 17:54
I believe you can manually edit the skin.xml files to remove the blinking effect but you would have to do this every time the image is updated as those files would be overwritten
I don't know if this is about the icon on the infobar or in the VFD.
If about the infobar: make a skin_user.xml with the desired options for a specific screen. That way it will never be overwritten by an update.
If about the VFD: make your own skin_display_no_picon.xml or skin_display_picon.xml and place it in etc/enigma2. That one will also not be overwritten.

delboy1
18-05-12, 15:56
thank you Rob van der Does .

delboy1
18-05-12, 16:38
thank you Sicilian.

delboy1
18-05-12, 18:12
hello Rob van der Does ,
its the REC on the vu+ ultimo itself.
please can you let me know, how to make the .xml file?
thank you very much

Rob van der Does
18-05-12, 20:07
I made one for you: extract the attached file to etc/enigma2, restart the box and let me know if it works OK for you.

FYI: in the file are the infobar and second infobar from ViX-Night, but without anything blinking.

delboy1
19-05-12, 13:02
thank you very much for making the file.

just tried file.
it started with a flash of the spinning vix then a flash on front of ultimo ,done this till i turned it off.
its now hanging on loading.

have you an idea on this

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 13:11
Can you post the debug-log?
As you can't access the box atm via the GUI, you could rename the skin_user.XML , then restart, enable debug-log, rename skin_user to it's original name, restart and send log.

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 13:42
Can you post the debug-log?
As you can't access the box atm via the GUI, you could rename the skin_user.XML , then restart, enable debug-log, rename skin_user to it's original name, restart and send log.
I found the culprit: please use the attached copy (checked it this time, works OK).
Sorry......

delboy1
19-05-12, 13:50
i have removed file for the time being.

any idea ?

sorry did not see above .
thank you will try now.

delboy1
19-05-12, 14:22
i have followed your instructions ,also sent log.

the REC is still flashing.

i can now see two log files via my pc & ftp one is log.nmdb the other is log.smdb
which one do you need me to post.

Thank you

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 14:26
Using the latest skin_user.xml I just sent (and extracted to etc/enigma2) there can be no flashing icon on your GUI in the (second) infobar. You restarted the box?

delboy1
19-05-12, 14:27
i am doing it again,
installing file and restarting.
just incase .

delboy1
19-05-12, 14:31
got it.
you are correct ,it is solid - no flashing.

i am trying to stop the other REC in vu+ window.

do you know how to do that one?

thank you very much for your help. fantastic.

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 14:36
i am trying to stop the other REC in vu+ window.
You mean on the display (VFD) on the box? If so the answer is 'no'. I even think it's not possible, as the display is controlled by the drivers.

delboy1
19-05-12, 14:39
ok.
thank you for all your help ,have a great day.
:thumbsup: