PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Skin Problem

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 09:53
I've upgraded to 2.4 but I can't change the default skin properties. When I press OK when viewing a channel I get the usual display with channel name, picon, programme name etc but I can't see any transponder or signal info. How do I get this to show?

Maxwell
17-05-12, 09:56
its on the second infobar pres ok twice in quick succession

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 09:58
its on the second infobar pres ok twice in quick succession

Cheers but how do I make it my default so it appears when I press OK once?

Maxwell
17-05-12, 09:59
you dont all that info was moved to the second info bar to give a cleaner look

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 10:05
you dont all that info was moved to the second info bar to give a cleaner look

An exceptionally silly move imo.

Maxwell
17-05-12, 10:07

Well you could always write your own skin or edit one of the existing ones if you dont like it

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 11:18
Well you could always write your own skin or edit one of the existing ones if you dont like it

I wish I could but the fact of the matter is the ViX image is successful because its very user friendly. Or was.

Rob van der Does
17-05-12, 11:45
Thanks for the compliment!

As you can imagine we can't make everybody happy. But showing a lot of info that is hardly needed by anybody didn't seem to be a good idea.

Sicilian
17-05-12, 11:47
I wish I could but the fact of the matter is the ViX image is successful because its very user friendly. Or was.

Are you afraid of getting a repetitive strain injury cos you have to press OK twice? :p :roflmao:

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 11:59
Are you afraid of getting a repetitive strain injury cos you have to press OK twice? :p :roflmao:

Are you afraid of having a good, intuitive image? :p :roflmao:

mcquaim
17-05-12, 12:12
but I can't see any transponder or signal info. How do I get this to show?

Would you honestly look at this info every time you change the channel?

Sicilian
17-05-12, 12:19
Are you afraid of having a good, intuitive image? :p :roflmao:

No thats why we changed the cluttered first infobar, but please feel free to submit your edited skin to your liking :)

Remember Openvix is opensource so anyone can edit or compile their own image to their exact liking, we're never going to please every Vix user.

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 12:19
Would you honestly look at this info every time you change the channel?

No, but I do need to check it quite often. For reasons I will not go into here except to say its work related. In 2.3 there was an option to turn this info on or off. Now there isn't so if that's the way it is so be it.

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 12:21
No thats why we changed the cluttered first infobar, but please feel free to submit your edited skin to your liking :)

Remember Openvix is opensource so anyone can edit or compile their own image to their exact liking, we're never going to please every Vix user.

Fair enough but us non Linux/Enigma bods don't know how to do this. An option to turn it on or off like in 2.3 would've been much better.

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 12:23
And another thing, although this isn't important, I'm just curious, is the option to change the infobar timeout still available?

Sicilian
17-05-12, 12:26
And another thing, although this isn't important, I'm just curious, is the option to change the infobar timeout still available?

I really dont want to sound rude here, but asking questions like that doesn't suprise me that you got this reaction HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18233-Network-Problem&p=133226&viewfull=1#post133226), surely one would check first? Anyway, yes infobar time out is still available.

mcquaim
17-05-12, 12:28
No, but I do need to check it quite often. For reasons I will not go into here except to say its work related. In 2.3 there was an option to turn this info on or off. Now there isn't so if that's the way it is so be it.

Fair enough, if you did use it often then I can see why you would miss it! No idea what that would be though :confused:

I think the uncluttered info bar is great, if I want the extra detail then a quick ok and there it is :thumbsup:

As for the timeout, Menu->Setup->System->OSD->Settings

All in there...

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 12:41
I really dont want to sound rude here, but asking questions like that doesn't suprise me that you got this reaction HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18233-Network-Problem&p=133226&viewfull=1#post133226), surely one would check first? Anyway, yes infobar time out is still available.

Its his humour by-pass that's the problem. And it wasn't directed at him to start with. If he wants to be facetious that's another of his problems.

And what's wrong with the question?

Sicilian
17-05-12, 12:44
And what's wrong with the question?

Because its in the same screen as the Info-bar settings.

The Lambton Worm
17-05-12, 12:50
Because its in the same screen as the Info-bar settings.

Well forgive me for not seeing it when I was trying to sort out other problems.

Lewiscc
17-05-12, 13:57
the "cleaner look" was always an option ... so why change it ?? .. :confused: .. taking away the choice of having the info displayed with one press or not .... then ripping the p*sh out someone for not liking it does seem a "silly move?" :p ... :D

Rob van der Does
17-05-12, 14:01
the "cleaner look" was always an option ...
No, it was not. In settings ECM could be turned off indeed, but than there was no way you could see it. Now there is.

And how much more intuitive could it be? OK, for normal info, a second OK for much more info.........

Sicilian
17-05-12, 14:02
the "cleaner look" was always an option ... so why change it ?? .. :confused: .. taking away the choice of having the info displayed with one press or not .... then ripping the p*sh out someone for not liking it does seem a "silly move?" :p ... :D

As has already been said, we can't please everyone and our users are more then welcome to come up with new skins for adding to vix.

Like you guys are moaning about less info, in previous release's we had moans about too much info and even about one of the icons. Damned if we do and damned if we dont.

Only resolution is to make your own ViX compatible skins guys.

Lewiscc
17-05-12, 14:07
"No, it was not." .... well if it wasn't ... it should've been :p .... and still should be .... then everyone is happy ... both those who like the cleaner look ... and those who like the dirtier look ...... :D
....... anyway 'nuff said .... i don't really care either way :thumbsup: