PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my new box Ultimo

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 08:59
Hey Morning All,

i'm new to this forum and must say how interesting this forum is. So much info and help for satellite boxes. I had to join :) Anyways Hi All.

So let me start with the problem i have:

i got this box last week and decided to set it up this morning. Reading, googling, i think i got a rough idea of how to set this up.

The box came with Vix 2.3 build 204 (thanks to W.O.S). So the first thing i did was install a hard drive then started the box followed the wizard. Box's DHCP activated and my boxed picked up a IP successfully. What i did next was install the mgCamd 1.38 which i downloaded, installed, started and enabled on startup successfully. My next step was adding a bouquet to the box. I used the DBE software and installed the bouquet from digitalworldz (RATs). RESTARTED box and set up both of the tuners, tuner A and tuner B, to the following settings:

single,
simple,
Astra 1n/2q/2b/2d/eurobird 1 28.2
No

Did an automatic channel, clear before scan set to N0. It found over 1000 channels. This is where the problem occurs, after this when i go back to the bouquet to view any channel, i get N/A as a name for every single channel. I get a message on the screen ''service not available, check tuner configuration'.

what am i doing wrong? Surely i've not missed anything? Know for a fact that the cables are not faulty becuase ive tested a DUO and works perfectly fine.

More info, Satfinder gives me really good stats for Astra 1n/2q/2b/2d/eurobird 1 28.2 only when i click on it.

what holes do the coaxial cables go into? maybe ive put the cables in wrong.

Need your help.

many thanks

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 09:13
Press down arrow on remote, instead or pressing blue button press red button, should bring up all scanned channels, sroll down it to see if you get a picture display, if so the bouquet you have installed is either old/faulty etc, download the latest bouquet from the forum, overwrite the one installed just now.
HTH

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 09:32
pretty sure ive done that still no picture and get the same message.

i downloaded the latest bouquet from Digitalworldz same one running on the DUO i tested and works fine on the DUO. I still get the same message: 'service unavailable, check tuner configuration'

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 09:54
Download silver foxes bouquet from here m8, see if that works.
What happens when you go into last TV channels scanned, does it show a picture ?

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 10:15
Download silver foxes bouquet from here m8, see if that works.
What happens when you go into last TV channels scanned, does it show a picture ?

ive tried SGTFLipflop still the same thing, not checked the last tv channels scanned

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 10:25
are you putting the sat.xml file in tuxbox also when transferring across the bouquets ?, just saves you scanning the channels every time you do a fresh install.
Have you initialised the hard drive also ?
And if i do a scan with the tuners I always clear before scan, so that would be YES.

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 11:10
are you putting the sat.xml file in tuxbox also when transferring across the bouquets ?, just saves you scanning the channels every time you do a fresh install.
Have you initialised the hard drive also ?
And if i do a scan with the tuners I always clear before scan, so that would be YES.

dell_xps,

no i wasnt. where do i locate the sat.xml file from? is this created when i run the scan for the very time?

ive initialised the hard also. Also through the box how do i format the HDD?

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 12:30
once initialised it's formatted to the correct format :-), in the bouquets you download there is a file in it called satellite.xml, copy and paste that into etc/tuxbox, overwrite the file thats there.

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 12:47
once initialised it's formatted to the correct format :-), in the bouquets you download there is a file in it called satellite.xml, copy and paste that into etc/tuxbox, overwrite the file thats there.

oh cool thanks Dell_XPS,

can you please post me the link for silverfoxes bouquet, theres a few but not sure which one i need for 28.2e Eurobird?

what are your tuner settings?

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 14:43
Just look for the latest ones m8, think there dated the 5th of this month, cant post a live link :-(, are you using your receiver to view Sly channels ?

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 15:03
Just look for the latest ones m8, think there dated the 5th of this month, cant post a live link :-(, are you using your receiver to view Sly channels ?

yes using receiver to view sly channels.. what are your tuner settings, ill try replicate them on my box

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 16:10
Dell_XPS, when you set up your ultimo, whats step did you take? can you please let me know to see if im doing something wrong

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 16:16
Tuner A is set up the same as tuner B and C m8, simple, both set to Astra 28.2, port a & b I think it is, leave the bottom 2 settings at default.Anything else is left at default, I have a static dish, so might be different for a motorised dish m8.

Larry-G
17-05-12, 16:20
What software are you using to transfer the bouquets ?

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 16:25
Tuner A is set up the same as tuner B and C m8, simple, both set to Astra 28.2, port a & b I think it is, leave the bottom 2 settings at default.Anything else is left at default, I have a static dish, so might be different for a motorised dish m8.

i have a static dish too. I'm pretty sure i have only two tuners, tuner A and tuner B

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 16:25
What software are you using to transfer the bouquets ?

Pheonix, i use dreambox edit

Larry-G
17-05-12, 16:38
ok make sure you have it setup properly.

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 16:40
M8 bite the bullet, do a fresh install and start from scratch, install fresh image, go through wizard menu and see if you can view channels, then think about installing bouquets etc.

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 17:05
Dell_xps going to start from scratch.

Pheonix, I'll check this in the evening, just say that line isn't there, what would I do?

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 17:07
M8 bite the bullet, do a fresh install and start from scratch, install fresh image, go through wizard menu and see if you can view channels, then think about installing bouquets etc.

forgot to ask, after wizard would I need to do a full scan? Or can I just got to the channel?

Larry-G
17-05-12, 17:07
Dell_xps going to start from scratch.

Pheonix, I'll check this in the evening, just say that line isn't there, what would I do?

manually hit the reload button directly underneath, or do a GUI restart of the receiver.

thecaretaker
17-05-12, 17:55
I had this problem first time around when trying to upgrade. It was the settings file. Dreambox edit uploads and downloads the settings file in etc/enigma2. The updated version of VIX needs a fresh settings file.

On your local computer, move the settings file out of the channel bouquet folder. Flash a fresh image, set the basic setup how you want things and ensure that the old settings doesn't get uploaded when you upload your channels.

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 18:02
I had this problem first time around when trying to upgrade. It was the settings file. Dreambox edit uploads and downloads the settings file in etc/enigma2. The updated version of VIX needs a fresh settings file.

On your local computer, move the settings file out of the channel bouquet folder. Flash a fresh image, set the basic setup how you want things and ensure that the old settings doesn't get uploaded when you upload your channels.

What's the settings file, satellites.xml?

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 19:02
Just do a fresh scan, clear tuner before scan, there's nothing there, but hit yes and it should start scanning m8.

Stanman
17-05-12, 19:37
If you are using pre made bouquets, you don't need to do a scan, just send them to the box and maek sure as pheonix has said above that you hit reload on box.

Most important thing is to make sure tuners are configured properly

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 20:44
If you are using pre made bouquets, you don't need to do a scan, just send them to the box and maek sure as pheonix has said above that you hit reload on box.

Most important thing is to make sure tuners are configured properly

Do I click reload before I send the bouquet to the box or after?

Stanman
17-05-12, 20:46
Send them to the box and than hit reload button. Have a look at post 17 by Pheonix

Also can you reply to the PM I sent you please.

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 21:02
Send them to the box and than hit reload button. Have a look at post 17 by Pheonix

Also can you reply to the PM I sent you please.

thanks, and replied to your pm

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 21:07
i keep getting this error when sending silverfox bouquet to box:

sending reload command failed. see the log for more information. reboot the box by hand to activate new settings

restarted box no bouquet installed.. why is this??

Larry-G
17-05-12, 21:14
i keep getting this error when sending silverfox bouquet to box:

sending reload command failed. see the log for more information. reboot the box by hand to activate new settings

restarted box no bouquet installed.. why is this??

menu> plugins> OpenWebif> make sure enabled is set to yes and the HTTP port is set to 00080 then green to save.
also make sure your HTTP port in DBE is set to 80.

im85288
17-05-12, 21:19
Agree with Phoenix, I had a similar problem and it drove me crazy. In the options on dreamboxedit you can test the ip connection to make sure it's working correctly.

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 21:25
Is your Ultimo on your network, ie is it working off the router you use to connect to the internet ?
What operating system are you using ?, if windows have a look in the network folder until you come across the vuultimo folder, click on that, you'll see the root folder and the HDD folder if you have one installed.
Once you have found the folder on your computer, navigate to etc,enigma2 and paste the files that are inside the bouquet folder into that directory, I'm guessing you are dragging the folder across to the directory and not the contents of the folder ?, anyway give that a try if DE is not working for you.
HTH

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 21:27
up and running lads...

thank youuuuu

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 21:31
So what were you doing wrong ?

mysteriousMan
17-05-12, 21:44
So what were you doing wrong ?

Nothing really tbh, just reflashed and started from beginning. Did the trick...thanks buddy