PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] New installation of VIX -first time image

grid
17-05-12, 08:14
Hi All

i am new to the scene at the moment. i recently purchased VU+Duo with Blackhole installed. i have been looking to install VIX as the subtitling in Blackhole is fine but when watching a redording there is a sync issue. so i want to install VIX as i have heard its better then blackhole for subtitles.

the installation info that i have come across are vague and i just want to have a straight simple answer :)

1. it says you need to upgrade your bootloader. i do not know what my current bootloader is! but the install for the vix bootlaoder is duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip. i had my VU+DUO in Feb so would this already be installed?

2 how to install bootloader?? do i put duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip & ViX-2.4.96-vuduo_usb.zip on USB STICK FAT32 in vu+duo folder together and restart device or do i put duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip on its own on the USB and install bootloader first and then put ViX-2.4.96-vuduo_usb.zip???

hope some one can point me in the right direction.

Maxwell
17-05-12, 08:22
If you are unsure if you have the correct bootloader flash it anyway and needs to be done before image flash'

They must be used one at a time on the uSB stick
The USB should be formatted as FAT32
Copy the complete vuplus folder from inside the zip to the USB then flash

Larry-G
17-05-12, 08:22
you flash the bootloader and the image individually, but its the exact same procedure for both.

extract the bootloader files from the archive with winzip / winrar / 7zip etc.

Format a USB stick in a pc to FAT32.
take the folder named vuplus from the archive you just extracted and copy it and its contents directly on the stick.
place the stick into your Duo and reboot the machine from the rear power switch.

you should see various messages on the VFD of your receiver as the process completes but do not remove the stick until it tells you to.

now the bootloader only takes a few seconds to flash then once done do the exact same thing for the image files, this one however may take a few minutes to flash then another few minutes for its first boot afterwards.