PDA

View Full Version : Latest image installed, problems.

Dell_XPS
16-05-12, 19:54
Installed image no problem, usually I can use my Imac to transfer files back and from the Ultimo, after installing the latest image, I can't drag anything into the etc folder, or usr folders, using a FTP prog I can drag files to these directories no problem, if I use the username root and password root.
Also cant for the life of me get the VFD picons working, all files in correct folder ?
Any help or pointers appreciated.
:-)

Sandman
16-05-12, 19:56
Installed image no problem, usually I can use my Imac to transfer files back and from the Ultimo, after installing the latest image, I can't drag anything into the etc folder, or usr folders, using a FTP prog I can drag files to these directories no problem, if I use the username root and password root.
Also cant for the life of me get the VFD picons working, all files in correct folder ?
Any help or pointers appreciated.
:-)

Very strange...I use Cyberduck and can't say I've eve had a problem! What do you use?

Have you enabled VFD picons?

Sicilian
16-05-12, 19:58
You need to install AFP, Menu > Setup > System > Newtork > AFP.

Dell_XPS
16-05-12, 20:02
Done that m8, I can access the VU but on the USR and ETC folder I get the no permission stop sign, tried changing it, just sais I do not have the permission to change it ?
using cyber duck it works Sandman, is there an option in the menu to enable VFD picons, just saw one for enable picons ?
Cheers guys.

Sandman
16-05-12, 20:36
using cyber duck it works Sandman, is there an option in the menu to enable VFD picons, just saw one for enable picons ?
Cheers guys.

Menu --> Setup --> System --> Display Setup --> Show Picons --> yes :thumbsup:

Ev0
16-05-12, 23:37
make sure your vfd picons are in a folder called lcd_picons.

Dell_XPS
17-05-12, 09:59
Ok put back the 2.3 image, up and running in minutes, can access the Ultimo via Imac no probs, send to and from no probs, VFD picons working again.
In the 2.3 image on my Imac it brings up 2 folder to access the Ultimo, VUULTIMO & vuultimo AFP, didn't do this with latest image had to enable those in the menu ?, why change this feature ?, also already had lcd_picon on my hard drive, changed the xml file in usr-share-enigma2 with the new image did not display my VFD picons, in 2.3 image changed the same xml file, and I now have my VFD picons ?
Any idea whats up ?