PDA

View Full Version : Display on vix 2.4

seancred
16-05-12, 19:37
Hi Guys,

I've upgraded to vix 2.4 and when I play recordings the display shows the time remaining on the programme. Previously on 2.3 it would show the programme title, can you tell me how to change back so that the display shows the programme title?

Thanks

Maxwell
16-05-12, 19:41
menu>setup>system>osd>settings
Then set Show PVR status in movieplayer infobar to no

seancred
16-05-12, 19:49
thanks maxwell, will that change the display on the front of the duo rather than the infobar in the image? It is the display on the front of the duo I want to change

Rob van der Does
16-05-12, 21:18
thanks maxwell, will that change the display on the front of the duo rather than the infobar in the image? It is the display on the front of the duo I want to change
Correct: you need to go to display settings.

seancred
16-05-12, 21:29
Correct: you need to go to display settings.

Thanks Rob, I thought that was the case. In display setup i have the option to view time elapsed / remaining / remaining and elapsed but nothing for title. I'm sure this was a default in 2.3 as i don't remember changing it and whenever i played a recording the programme title would be displayed on the duo's front panel display. Any idea how i can achieve this on 2.4? it's not a huge deal it was just a feature i liked

Rob van der Does
16-05-12, 21:36
Correct: as you are supposed to know what you are watching :eek: , showing a dynamic changing item seemed to be a better idea.

seancred
16-05-12, 21:40
Correct: as you are supposed to know what you are watching :eek: , showing a dynamic changing item seemed to be a better idea.

I suppose that makes sense! so a title only view in the display is no longer possible then?? Thumbs up on a great image, thanks for all of the hard work

Silent
19-05-12, 09:56
Playing devils advocate here... But why then does the display show the channel you're watching when watching live TV, surely you should know what channel you're watching ;).

N.b. It doesn't bother me, I watch recorded programs in a different room to the box so I can't see it anyway!

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 10:46
There's indeed plenty of room for improvements.