PDA

View Full Version : Can I connect my NAS to Vu+ Solo?

MysteryMan
16-05-12, 16:20
Sorry, first day and on to question 2 already!!!!!

I have the Solo connected to the router, which also has a NAS device attached.

On the previous receiver (DM500HD) I was able to use the NAS as a source for video files and watch stuff that had been put on there. Is this capability available on the Solo?

I did have a quick look through the setup menus, but, couldn't find anything obvious for doing this. Previously, I had to change location.

Thanks!

Larry-G
16-05-12, 16:24
Yes if you go into the network settings via menu > system > setup. ( might be menu > setup > system, im at work and going off the top of my head ) You can from there mount the NAS drive, I have mine mounted to all 3 of my receivers.

MysteryMan
17-05-12, 16:47
Yes if you go into the network settings via menu > system > setup. ( might be menu > setup > system, im at work and going off the top of my head ) You can from there mount the NAS drive, I have mine mounted to all 3 of my receivers.

Thanks. I have now mounted the NAS drive (or, at least, it says it has) - what do I need to do to access the videos stored on there? :confused:

Larry-G
17-05-12, 16:49
press the file list button ( the one to the right of the menu button ) then yellow to navigate to the NAS.

MysteryMan
17-05-12, 17:00
press the file list button ( the one to the right of the menu button ) then yellow to navigate to the NAS.

Blimey, that must be the quickest reply ever!!!!

I had been trying that but the drive wasn't showing up in the list. So, I mounted again - this time using the network scan first - and it is working fine. I must have got something wrong in the settings I put in manually.

Thanks for helping.

I have another couple of questions - don't know if you know quick answers or whether I should create new topics.......

When I press the button on the remote to switch off the STB it also switches off the TV
If I put the IP address of the box (192.168.1.88) into the browser then it says it cannot connect - should it be able to?

Larry-G
17-05-12, 17:12
1. if you dont want the TV to switch off when pressing the power button on the remote turn off the HDMI CEC options.

menu> setup> system> HDMI CEC set enabled to no then press green to save.

2. yes if thats the ip of your receiver, try checking that the OpenWebIF is on the correct port

Menu> plugins> OpenWebIF>

OpenWebInterface Enabled YES
HTTP port 00080
leave the other options set to no and press green to save.

MysteryMan
17-05-12, 17:27
1. if you dont want the TV to switch off when pressing the power button on the remote turn off the HDMI CEC options.

menu> setup> system> HDMI CEC set enabled to no then press green to save.

2. yes if thats the ip of your receiver, try checking that the OpenWebIF is on the correct port

Menu> plugins> OpenWebIF>

OpenWebInterface Enabled YES
HTTP port 00080
leave the other options set to no and press green to save.

Excellent! That's all sorted now.

Many thanks for your speedy help