PDA

View Full Version : Some new picons

mmcmedia
16-05-12, 15:01
Trying to do some new picons for 28.2e and have done a few sample here to see if anyone likes them , my skin for the vu is dmconncinty which is grey & black and cant make up my mind if these suit , these picons are based on some already around but for euro sats and have been altered slightly lmk what you think please

Larry-G
16-05-12, 16:12
I quite like samples 1 and 4, for quite different reasons. Number 4 for its simplicity and clean crisp look, number 1 is similar to another mirrored pack for the European sats and I do quite like the look of that. Any chance you could do a few more samples of both 1 and 4 ?.

Thanks.

mmcmedia
16-05-12, 19:28
Ok sample 1 mtv +1 & 2 cartoon network are like other euro sats but a touch diff
sample 6 mtv rocks & 6 bid tv have a gap in the reflection & sample 8 eden hd & 9 viva have touching reflections .
Tbh these are the 3 contenders inho but lmk what you think
thanx or if u want something completely different

Larry-G
16-05-12, 19:32
for me it's between bid, eden and viva. I especially like the Bid and Viva ones.

mmcmedia
16-05-12, 19:40
them last 4 are the same near enough except for the gap between the reflection you like eden with or bid without gap

Larry-G
16-05-12, 19:42
i prefer it without the gap.

mmcmedia
16-05-12, 20:25
ok
thanx for that

Sandman
16-05-12, 20:39
Theres interest for a transparent set of 28E if you fancy that :thumbsup:

Ev0
16-05-12, 23:56
Yeh another vote for the eden / viva look if your going to do a full set :cool:

Mr. Mister
17-05-12, 01:02
Agree with pheonix..

I like the bid picon with the space..

Cracking set of picons there buddy..

If you continue with these.. i for one will defo be using them..

a911
17-05-12, 02:18
If my vote count!
I like the bid picon with the space, they are...:cool:!

RgdZ
a911

Foxylady
17-05-12, 06:30
for me it's between bid, eden and viva. I especially like the Bid and Viva ones.

Likewise, they are best one's and look different and good :thumbsup:

mmcmedia
17-05-12, 09:05
Theres interest for a transparent set of 28E if you fancy that :thumbsup:

You mean like these ones sandman ??

Sandman
17-05-12, 10:20
You mean like these ones sandman ??

Yes! Did you do these or is there a set already in existance?

mmcmedia
17-05-12, 11:54
Na i done em each one individually , licher has so many sats to do so i thought might just aswell have a go myself how id like em , granted they are simular to some others i slightly adjusted them , did have a go last month got 1/2 thru and deleted the lot :( but having another go now , ill do 3 at once i think , with gap without & transparent where possible gonna take a while though but just done these few in the last couple of hours so w.i.p

Ev0
17-05-12, 11:58
Na i done em each one individually , licher has so many sats to do so i thought might just aswell have a go myself how id like em , granted they are simular to some others i slightly adjusted them , did have a go last month got 1/2 thru and deleted the lot :( but having another go now , ill do 3 at once i think , with gap without & transparent where possible gonna take a while though but just done these few in the last couple of hours so w.i.p

Going by the MTV Rocks, Base and Hits in that set, it works best with the small gap imo.

mmcmedia
17-05-12, 12:15
i see where ya coming from but them 3 you mentioned + classic , music , and dance will look slightly different anyway as compared with mtv & +1 bacause of the way it is i think , but if i have a go @ all 3 should be something for everyone i hope .
We do some more and show agian

Thanx to all for the comments

mmcmedia
17-05-12, 15:34
The transparent ones done in white look the dogs tatters on a black skin (iam using dtv-hd reloaded) and easy enuff to transform to black transparent ones for white or lighter skins

mmcmedia
18-05-12, 13:43
Ok i have done 22 of each for you all to have a look at and test if you want to , before i go any further could someone let me know if they seem ok for the varient you prefer please

ta

Ev0
18-05-12, 13:49
Ok i have done 22 of each for you all to have a look at and test if you want to , before i go any further could someone let me know if they seem ok for the varient you prefer please

ta

My vote still goes Picons with Gap, however when I just put them on my box, none of them showed up, the references are correct, but I just a totally transparent picon using vix hd night skin.

Larry-G
18-05-12, 14:33
my favourites are by far the ones with the gap, although i have not yet tested them on the box but viewing them on the pc they look the best to me.

Stanman
18-05-12, 14:41
Good work mate, like the transparent ones:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MTV +1 does not show the MTV and the music one needs to be made darker.

eazi
18-05-12, 16:50
Love the ones with the Gap. Can't wait for the rest of the set. Great Work. Thanks.

pr1s0m
22-05-12, 13:46
Just tried these myself, they are all in RGB mode and needed converting to Indexed Mode

mmcmedia
25-05-12, 07:00
Just tried these myself, they are all in RGB mode and needed converting to Indexed Mode
Just asking a question but why do they have to be indexed mode instead of RGB as they seem to work fine with image i'am using although they are a little bigger in kb size , also 1 other point with the transparent ones they look great in a black skin but when opened up in cooltvguide you can see the tv picture through the picon , just a sidenote maybe someone can answer ??

ta

Alanp
25-05-12, 10:08

ta

My vote also goes to the ones with the gap will defo use these if available Thanks

mmcmedia
26-05-12, 08:26
Just asking a question but why do they have to be indexed mode instead of RGB as they seem to work fine with image i'am using although they are a little bigger in kb size , also 1 other point with the transparent ones they look great in a black skin but when opened up in cooltvguide you can see the tv picture through the picon , just a sidenote maybe someone can answer ??

ta Anyone answer this ?? is it just because of the size

mmcmedia
01-06-12, 18:36
Ok gone with pure black picons first , theres a sample in the rar file , the transparent ones need some more figuring out as when opened in cool tv guide u can see tv picture thru them , after the black set i will be doing the gap ones as shown aswell for those that are interested

thanx for looking comments welcome

Alanp
01-06-12, 18:47
Great work cant wait untill you release these

mmcmedia
09-06-12, 11:24
Ok heres 370+ ,a few more to go these will be released with my version of e2 settings i use , just as flipflop does so i should hopefully be a all in one package .
Obviously they wont suit everyones taste but the seem to be ideal for black skins , iam using dtv-hd reloaded , some will be reworked after ive finished , some are not true to the logo due to the background being black , and will attempt to do the black and grey ones with the gap at the begining of this thread next , any constructive comments welcomed again , and thanx for looking

btw service references should be 100% if not please let me know :thumbsup:

Donnie
09-06-12, 11:41
Ok heres 370+ ,a few more to go these will be released with my version of e2 settings i use , just as flipflop does so i should hopefully be a all in one package .
Obviously they wont suit everyones taste but the seem to be ideal for black skins , iam using dtv-hd reloaded , some will be reworked after ive finished , some are not true to the logo due to the background being black , and will attempt to do the black and grey ones with the gap at the begining of this thread next , any constructive comments welcomed again , and thanx for looking

btw service references should be 100% if not please let me know :thumbsup:

Great work mmc looking forward to the complete set :thumbsup:

Alanp
16-07-12, 07:42
Any more thought if you will do a full set of these picons with the gap Thanks Alan

mmcmedia
17-07-12, 09:28
As and when i can tbh m8ty id certainly like to do another set and if i am honest i should have done both together in the 1st place , iam sure ill do another lot just not yet

cheers