PDA

View Full Version : USB upgrade Questions

Markymark
16-05-12, 10:42
Ok, this will be my first USB upgrade, hence some questions.

Firstly im assuming to flash the firmware I just follow these instructions here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8148-How-to-flash-Upgrade-Vu-Uno-via-USB-memory-stick).

Other questions I have:

Will I lose all my settings and boquettes? How can I go about backing these up and installing them again if I will?
Does the DYNDNS now support NOIP accounts?
Is the only cccam file I will need to backup and put back on the box afterwards the .config file?

Finally, should this go smoothly? Don't fancy breaking my box. :rolleyes:

Mr. Mister
16-05-12, 10:55
You will lose all your settings when you reflash..

Make sure you make back ups of your bouquets.. and your softcam files.. before you reflash..

Markymark
16-05-12, 16:19
Ok can I just re-ftp the bouquets back up from dreamedit when I have flashed the image on?

Are their any Youtube videos of the process? I tend to like seeing it all happen - its more my learning style, I guess.

Larry-G
16-05-12, 16:27
Yes just transfer them back to the receiver when you have it setup and running. There are a few tutorials on the site showing the process.

Stanman
16-05-12, 18:43
video tutorial in my signature

Markymark
17-05-12, 22:23
One more question - will the root username and password stay the same once flashed or do I need to set all that up again?

fintannl
17-05-12, 22:26
you need to telnet to the box after flash, user is root and passowrd is anything as it is not needed. Then in telnet type passwd and hit enter and type in your new password, hit enter, then re-enter password and hit enter and job done

basilyoung
17-05-12, 22:28
it will be "root" + "blank" as in nothing at all
to change password, use telnet, log into the unit on port 23, root then type passwd ( not password ) and type in your new password .. you will see no text, but it is working,...then when prompted repeat the password. you will then get a message...password changed