PDA

View Full Version : OpenViX released to all members!

Sicilian
15-05-12, 19:27
OpenViX, what is it you ask?

Due to the time its been taking between image releases as a team we've decided to give access to beta releases and the very latest builds to all members. This way all ViX users can try out all the latest features etc...

For the time being there will builds as required, containing fixes as needed, at some point in the future we hope and plan to have automated nightly builds.

Where do I download OpenViX?

OpenViX can be download from www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk)

Users can check the stability of builds be looking at the stability icon display @ OpenViX.co.uk, you'll see a green icon for stable, red for un-stable and amber for updating. All users please note that the green for stable icon in a new build doesn't automatically mean that the latest build is stable, there could still be an issue and if flashed your receiver not fully usable, worst case your receiver may not boot, in the event of this happening please post on the forum ASAP so that a member of the ViX Team can mark OpenViX un-stable. Use OpenViX at your own risk.

If marked un-stable is doesn't necessarily mean that the latest build/update is unusable, it could be that we've updated some fixes or added un-tested features. If you would like to test un-stable updates you will need to turn them on. Menu > Setup > System > Online update > Set allow un-stable updates to yes.

OpenViX is a new experimental venture for the ViX Team, so the format may change as progress evolves.

Each image change log will be in /etc/releasenotes

Larry-G
15-05-12, 19:27
To all who had a part in bringing this image to the public i would like to say a huge thank you for your time and work, without you we would not have been able to do what we do.

and a especially big thank you to the one and only ANDY BLAC he is the genius behind the ViX image and deserves a increase in his mars bar quota.

RogerThis
15-05-12, 19:57
Any change log?

Stanman
15-05-12, 19:59
Its in the image mate>information

Sicilian
15-05-12, 19:59
Any change log?

See the release threads.

Larry-G
15-05-12, 20:00
Theres a full set of release notes on in the image it self, cant for the life of me remember where it is though and i'm at work so no way to check.

Sicilian
15-05-12, 20:09
Added this to first post Each image change log will be in /etc/releasenotes

Sicilian
15-05-12, 21:18
We've closed the Openvix download site until this release settles down, bandwidth getting hammered thus slowing the forum too much. Hopefully back open tomorrow. For now users will have to download from forum.

hossen
15-05-12, 22:32
Thanks to all of you for this

coolbud
16-05-12, 00:56
We've closed the Openvix download site until this release settles down, bandwidth getting hammered thus slowing the forum too much. Hopefully back open tomorrow. For now users will have to download from forum.

Hello Sicilian

Sorry for maybe newbie question but which forum are you referring to? A link would be nice to have because I couldn't find it here.

Thanks in advance.:cool:

Larry-G
16-05-12, 01:14
Hello Sicilian

Sorry for maybe newbie question but which forum are you referring to? A link would be nice to have because I couldn't find it here.

Thanks in advance.:cool:

At the very top of the forum you will see a button named ViX support centre. click on that and it will take you the the download sections for the ViX images.

basilyoung
16-05-12, 01:16
the down load site, is part of the forum, but normally closed to gen membership, but due to massive connections, which slowed the forum down, the site has been closed to gen members, so we can help those that get into grief

zola25
16-05-12, 06:58
Read the first post in this thread the link is there

Larry-G
17-05-12, 16:56
Rite guys the first updates are now online via the OpenViX server and via online updates

remember to make a full backup first so that if you encounter errors you can return to your previous working image.

2.4 Build 101:

enigma2: EPGSelection: fix posible BSOD.
openwebif: add new ViX setting menu to Menu Panel (still needs work).

river-rat
19-05-12, 14:57
a guide to flashing, as tried from another site, put on usb stick, rebooted was not picked up to flash?

Larry-G
19-05-12, 15:03
a guide to flashing, as tried from another site, put on usb stick, rebooted was not picked up to flash?

you sometimes need to try several different USB stick when flashing images as the receivers can be very picky in which ones they will allow you to flash them with.

as a general rule always format the stick to FAT32 first then go from there depending on your receiver brand as the Vu and Xtrend receivers have slightly different procedures to flash them.

river-rat
19-05-12, 15:12
you sometimes need to try several different USB stick when flashing images as the receivers can be very picky in which ones they will allow you to flash them with.

as a general rule always format the stick to FAT32 first then go from there depending on your receiver brand as the Vu and Xtrend receivers have slightly different procedures to flash them.

well tried front and rear back, loaded the et9200 folder, also without folder and just the bin file and still nothing

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 15:14
well tried front and rear back, loaded the et9200 folder, also without folder and just the bin file and still nothing
Should be the 'et9x00' folder.

Larry-G
19-05-12, 15:18
sorry i dont have a Xtrend so i dont tend to keep upto date with procedures required to flash them etc, but just follow the advice given by rob and you will be ok.

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 15:21
Should be the 'et9x00' folder.
The name of the folder has been changed since the last bootloader, so use 'et9x00' now.

river-rat
21-05-12, 18:07
The name of the folder has been changed since the last bootloader, so use 'et9x00' now.

tried 2 diff usb sticks as well as a usb drive from ps3 and nothing

also :

If marked un-stable is doesn't necessarily mean that the latest build/update is unusable, it could be that we've updated some fixes or added un-tested features. If you would like to test un-stable updates you will need to turn them on. Menu > Setup > System > Online update > Set allow un-stable updates to yes.

i also went to allow the updates under menu, but nothing listed there?

Mr. Mister
21-05-12, 19:02
Make sure you have your usb stick formatted in FAT32

then put the folder called et9x00 onto it

garyblas
22-05-12, 19:12
Is there a place on the forum that explains what the latest open vix download has fixed/changed?

Delagroov
22-05-12, 19:15
Within the Vix softeware update you can see changelog before updating.

And then you can decide to update or not

Larry-G
22-05-12, 19:22
if you click on any of the release threads from the ViX support centre button at the top of the forum you will see that i update them every time a release is made with a full changelog.

garyblas
22-05-12, 19:23
just downloaded vix 2.4 v124 but cant see any explanation?

Larry-G
22-05-12, 19:27
when you do a online update

Blue button> ViX> software update, you are given several options. 1. shows you a full changelog of the updated image 2. updates the image etc.

now if you missed that as i said go to any of the release threads for the ViX 2.4 image and you will see that i posted a full changelog for every image no less than 2 hrs ago.

for example here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18177-New-VIX-Image-ET-5x00-Series-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

rossi2000
09-06-12, 14:24
afternoon :)

any possibility to get the makefile for server? I don't have a gui to run the provided makefile.