PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] New VIX Image Vu+ Ultimo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

Larry-G
15-05-12, 19:24
http://i.imgur.com/Yt1FM.png
New VIX Image Vu+ Ultimo Version 2.4

15/05/2012 - Open ViX 2.4.96

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13345&d=1324135101
From VIX Team

Enigma: 04-05-2012.
Enigma Plugins: 04-05-2012.
GCC Version: 4.4.4
Vu + Kernel Version: 3.1.1
Vu+ Drivers: 2012-02-28

All Users
A full flash is required for this version of ViX image. Because of extensive changes you will not be able to perform an online update or restore any setting/plugin backups.

New Features
Blindscan
Now uses RF values in GUI not IF.
C band searches possible.
Supports symbol rates from 1 - 45MHz.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
Bootlogo's
Now available for direct install via plugins feed.
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
USB DVB
Added dvb-as102 support (by Gennart1).

Skin
Brand New skin ViXBMC by markus625 added to feeds.
Native skins updated and optimised.
Instant Record from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features
OLED Display Update

Latest Drivers (28/2/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work.
Silverfox0786 for channel settings, picons and bootlogo's.
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Download

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds (Beta's) www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk)

Stable release below

DOWNLOAD HERE

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18174-New-VIX-Image-Vu-Ultimo-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

Ev0
15-05-12, 23:59
Had a quick play with this, seems stable so far :)

One small issue, when you enable the vfd picons, the channel names are wider than the picon shown, so stick out the sides.

I have edited the file, skin_display_picon.xml to fix this.

Larry-G
16-05-12, 00:02
Had a quick play with this, seems stable so far :)

One small issue, when you enable the vfd picons, the channel names are wider than the picon shown, so stick out the sides.

I have edited the file, skin_display_picon.xml to fix this.

Muchas Gracias Amigo.

basilyoung
16-05-12, 00:42
been busy all night updating my units ( Ultimo/Duo/et9000 ) just finishing up on the Ultimo, so your post has saved me a little bit of time, thanks

Ev0
16-05-12, 00:50
been busy all night updating my units ( Ultimo/Duo/et9000 ) just finishing up on the Ultimo, so your post has saved me a little bit of time, thanks

No probs, here is another, this time all the vfd icons (text, widescreen, crpyt etc etc) are activated.

fruitball
16-05-12, 01:39
Nice image, nice and quick and stable so far.

Cheers for sorting that Evo aswell

regards

fruitball

Alanp
16-05-12, 07:47
would you recomend installing from scratch ie not backing up settings or is ok to install with backed up settings Thanks

Larry-G
16-05-12, 07:50
read the bright red text in the first post.

Alanp
16-05-12, 07:53
read the bright red text in the first post.

Ok sorry about that just saw the full flash required then did'nt read the full sentance

oregon
16-05-12, 11:59
Has anyone had a chance to test recording to a HDD (using multiple tuners simultaneously). There were lots of bugs in the 2.3 image which is why I had to remove it.

Would love to go back to using Vix if these issues are now fixed.

Many thanks

Delagroov
16-05-12, 12:01
Hmm..no problems here mate..so try it and get ViXized

Stanman
16-05-12, 14:00
Has anyone had a chance to test recording to a HDD (using multiple tuners simultaneously). There were lots of bugs in the 2.3 image which is why I had to remove it.

Would love to go back to using Vix if these issues are now fixed.

Many thanks

No problems what so everr, Ultimo with three tuners, ET9000 with twin and a USB tuner wotks flawlessly

Rob van der Does
16-05-12, 14:13
Has anyone had a chance to test recording to a HDD (using multiple tuners simultaneously). There were lots of bugs in the 2.3 image which is why I had to remove it. Yeah, multiple times multiple weeks/months.......

Larry-G
16-05-12, 14:26
same here, i frequently record with the Three tuners of the Ultimo at the same time and the Dual tuners of the Duo at the same time, all without problems.

b4ndit74
16-05-12, 14:32
Do you need to flash bootloader first b4 new image.

Ta

Sicilian
16-05-12, 14:33
Do you need to flash bootloader first b4 new image.

Ta

There is no new bootloader for Ultimo.

andyblac
16-05-12, 16:26

my ultimo has 3 internal tuners and a Sundtek USB S2, and all can be recording at same time with no issues.

ea.xlns
16-05-12, 21:21
No probs, here is another, this time all the vfd icons (text, widescreen, crpyt etc etc) are activated.

For me, this vfd picons don't work with the vixbmc skin. Same goes for Sandman's skin_display_picon file.

Any reason for this folks?

Ev0
16-05-12, 22:16
For me, this vfd picons don't work with the vixbmc skin. Same goes for Sandman's skin_display_picon file.

Any reason for this folks?

Try renaming the skin_display_picon.xml files to skin_user.xml and put it in /etc/enigma2 and see if it works like that.

oregon
17-05-12, 11:05
Ive been using this image since yesterday and it looks great. But, I noticed the TV picture goes off the bottom of the screen.

Is there a way to adjust this?

Delagroov
17-05-12, 11:10
Hmm..one really has to know your settings like A/V or use of autoresolution? and so on first and what do u mean tv picture off to bottom

Rob van der Does
17-05-12, 11:34
Ive been using this image since yesterday and it looks great. But, I noticed the TV picture goes off the bottom of the screen.
Is there a way to adjust this?
This is either the case when (for SD channels only) pan & scan is used, or due to wrong TV-aspect settings.

oregon
17-05-12, 15:48
I mean, on Eurosport HD today, the graphics at the bottom of the screen were only half visible. I am connected with HDMI 16:9. What is auto resolution for? It is not enabled anyway.

Delagroov
17-05-12, 16:00
Only on Eurosport HD and now is isnt anymore?

When you have the same an all HD channels
The only reason could be that your TV is in overscan mode(x% zoom), but then you would see also that infobar is lower.

Her i use 1080i mode without overscan on Samsung..this way i have the full picture on my tele

oregon
17-05-12, 22:51
It seems okay now. Maybe it was just that particular programme...

oregon
18-05-12, 15:43
What does the flashing circle in the OSD mean?

punisher
18-05-12, 16:19
Means new updates available

fruitball
21-05-12, 08:04
Having issues with this image tbh... Have reflashed the ultimo 3 times and still having it crash. I go to a channel on 9e or 7e and the box crashes and restarts and gets in a loop until i reflash image.. Last vix image is working fine on those satellites. Enigma 2 has encountered a problem message and restarts...

Rob van der Does
21-05-12, 08:10
If you post the crash-reports we have a change of tackling the culprit. And also the debug-logs, please.

im85288
21-05-12, 10:15

Do you know if it is possible to have this file kept when doing online updates? Every time I do an update it defaults back to the original file which has the picons sticking out the side. Or maybe this version should be included with the Ultimo image as default.

Ev0
21-05-12, 10:18
put the file in /etc/enigma2 directory.

Rob van der Does
21-05-12, 11:19
put the file in /etc/enigma2 directory.
Correct: files with the name skin_display_picon.xml or skin_display_no_picon.xml in etc/enigma2 are user-files and will never be overwritten. Even better: they are part of the settings backup, so you will keep them forever!
If those files are not present the systemfiles will be used by the box. And indeed: they are subject to updates (if any).

ea.xlns
25-05-12, 11:06
Try renaming the skin_display_picon.xml files to skin_user.xml and put it in /etc/enigma2 and see if it works like that.

Still no luck mate. Such a shame...

Has anyone managed to run vfd picons on the vixbmc skin?

Ev0
25-05-12, 13:13
Still no luck mate. Such a shame...

Has anyone managed to run vfd picons on the vixbmc skin?

Leave it named as skin_display_picon.xml and put it in /etc/enigma2, I didn't realise before that it would accept that file in that location.

ea.xlns
25-05-12, 18:21
Leave it named as skin_display_picon.xml and put it in /etc/enigma2, I didn't realise before that it would accept that file in that location.

Tried this mate but it's made no difference... sigh...

Dr.No.pt
02-07-12, 12:42
I'm having menu size problems.
720p or 1080i = same problems.

When i press "menu" the menu pic size is bigger than tv normal displaying image.

I'll take pic of the tv with menus for you to check.

Larry-G
02-07-12, 13:13
I'm having menu size problems.
720p or 1080i = same problems.

When i press "menu" the menu pic size is bigger than tv normal displaying image.

I'll take pic of the tv with menus for you to check.

menu>setup>system>OSD>OSD POSITION SETUP.

Tkr001
02-07-12, 13:16
or just turn off overscan on your tv

Rob van der Does
02-07-12, 14:08
which is the better solution.

Dr.No.pt
02-07-12, 21:05
menu>setup>system>OSD>OSD POSITION SETUP.

Thank you. It did the trick. Had to lower the values

Dunno why it doesn't come with lower values from start ..

I'm not overscaning anything on TV. All images i tested so far ( blackhole and openPli ) are fine.

Normal channel image is fine in Vix too. This is just a menu problem.

Cheers. :D

Larry-G
02-07-12, 21:09
Thank you. It did the trick. Had to lower the values

Dunno why it doesn't come with lower values from start ..

no matter what default values we use some one is always going to be on the wrong end of them, this is the reason for the OSD plugin so you can tailor it to your own setup.

I'm not overscaning anything on TV. All images i tested so far ( blackhole and openPli ) are fine.

Cheers. :D

overscan or what ever the manufacturer decides to call it comes already turned on for almost all TV's. which is the reason for the OSD plugin in the first place.

Rob van der Does
02-07-12, 21:33

Nope: your TV is set to overscan.

Dr.No.pt
02-07-12, 23:14
Your are both correct and i've found the "overscaning" on one of the Viera menus.

It's off and now i see what portion of image i've been missing .. :eek:

Thank you both

Larry-G
02-07-12, 23:18
Your are both correct and i've found the "overscaning" on one of the Viera menus.

Thank you both

Always more than happy to help where ever possible.

Rob van der Does
03-07-12, 06:54
It is unbelievable that TV-producers still set the defaults to overscan and still promote the set as 'HD'.........
And AFAIK there's no TV manual in the world that gives a clear and easy to understand explanation on this.

Tkr001
03-07-12, 09:19

Thank you both

And that is the whole point, people with overscan on aren't getting the full picture.....

Rob van der Does
03-07-12, 09:28
And that is the whole point, people with overscan on aren't getting the full picture.....
And even worse: they get a garbled picture, as every pixel is displayed as 1.05 pixel......

Maxwell
03-07-12, 09:40
And even worse: they get a garbled picture, as every pixel is displayed as 1.05 pixel......

Correct

Overscan usually hides garbage and noise that surrounds the image on some channels, some programs, some commercials, and some news spots during newscasts that are visible in 1:1 mode. One of the biggest offenders is a black/white dashed data strip that appears along the top of the 4:3 image during some commercials and news stories, as well as older programs,
The manufacturers have it on by default so they are not innundated by their customers thinking they have a fault with their TV and tbh the average joe and family will never know, people here are finding out because the menus are mapped 1:1

Trial
03-07-12, 10:49
Hi,
(Almost) All full hd TVs normally have a display size setting without overscan. HD ready TVs normally have to live with overscan. One problem is that it is seldom called overscan.

When you have enabled overscan not only the size of GUI is limited but also your TV has to scale ALL TV signals even 1080i if you have Full HD TV.

Short:OVERSCAN IS BAD:-)

ciao

frankblueking
16-07-12, 19:15
Re Image Release 2.4
Hi guys. I read the forum thread relating to Vers 2.4 with interest and found the contents most informative. However I do have some questions relating to the latest version-:

With reference to the previous version 2.3 I sent you guys several error logs relating to the software crashing when searching the EPG. I now find that the software crashes just as frequently when changing channels quickly with version 2.4. Did you address the bug in the previous software?
With the previous release the "Information Box" contained ECM speeds, with the latest release I have to press OK twice to obtain the ECM information, is there a setting to define the data contained in the Info Box?
On several "settings pages" I note there is a symbol "Info", which I presume is a button, I cannot find the button on my controller, can you help?
Looking at the Help function I note the controller illustrated is not for the Ultimo, is there an update available?
I hope the above makes sense and I look forward to your comments. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Rob van der Does
16-07-12, 21:00
Re Image Release 2.4
Hi guys. I read the forum thread relating to Vers 2.4 with interest and found the contents most informative. However I do have some questions relating to the latest version-:

With reference to the previous version 2.3 I sent you guys several error logs relating to the software crashing when searching the EPG. I now find that the software crashes just as frequently when changing channels quickly with version 2.4. Did you address the bug in the previous software?
Every crashlog we receive is being looked into. As we have many fixes and enhancements in each new version, I can't be sure about your specific logs. But I can for sure say that we're not experiencing many crashes at all. On the contrary: 2.4 is a very stable image.

With the previous release the "Information Box" contained ECM speeds, with the latest release I have to press OK twice to obtain the ECM information, is there a setting to define the data contained in the Info Box?
The ECM-info has been moved to the second info bar, as most users don't need that.

On several "settings pages" I note there is a symbol "Info", which I presume is a button, I cannot find the button on my controller, can you help?
The info-button is on a number of boxes the same as the guide- or EPG-button.

Looking at the Help function I note the controller illustrated is not for the Ultimo, is there an update available?
Most users don't use the R/C that comes with the Ultimo, but use the standard one that comes with the other boxes. But if you look at which buttons the help-functions points, I'm pretty sure you can easily find the corresponding buttons on the Ultimo-R/C.

Trial
17-07-12, 07:16
Hi,
concernng zapping and crashing I never had a crash while I was only zapping and I am a fast zapper. What about a crashlog from such a crash?

With your ECM speed I think you can setup cccam info to show a box. What you see when you press OK twice is the second info bar and the content is defined by the skin.

I use a Harmony but I think I remember that info is the epg button.

ciao

Alanp
17-07-12, 19:35
Trying to do an online update for today's update but my Ultimo crashes every time (skin used Magic HD) crash log attached

Rob van der Does
17-07-12, 20:55
There is indeed a bug, that has been resolved in the next build.
You could update via telnet:

init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade
init 6

Alanp
18-07-12, 07:19
There is indeed a bug, that has been resolved in the next build.
You could update via telnet:

init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade
init 6

Thanks Rob worked first time

sebake
06-08-12, 18:48
Since I've upgraded to 2.4 build 213 I keep getting the 'Upgrade available' icon blinking in the OSD and the LCD. When I go to Setup - Software Update it says 1 Package available to be installed. I perform the upgrade, reboot and after 5 minutes, the blinking icons reappears.

Rob van der Does
06-08-12, 18:59
In telnet do:

opkg update
opkg list-upgradable
and report the output.

sebake
06-08-12, 20:05
opkg update

root@vuultimo:~# opkg update
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/2.4/vuultimo/3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/2.4/vuultimo/3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-3rdparty.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/2.4/vuultimo/all/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/2.4/vuultimo/all/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-all.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/2.4/vuultimo/mipsel/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/2.4/vuultimo/mipsel/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-mipsel.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/2.4/vuultimo/vuultimo/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/2.4/vuultimo/vuultimo/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-vuultimo.
root@vuultimo:~#

opkg list-upgradable

root@vuultimo:~# opkg list-upgradable
enigma2-plugin-extensions-netcaster - 2.8+git4520+074e3cc-r10 - 2.8+git4787+6e9bbcb-r10

Rob van der Does
06-08-12, 20:46
So please do

opkg remove netcaster
restart Enigma and see if the update icon comes again.

sebake
06-08-12, 21:21
root@vuultimo:~# opkg remove netcaster
No packages removed.

:confused:

Rob van der Does
06-08-12, 22:04
Hmm, I'm out of ideas than.

norhap
06-08-12, 23:03
try;

opkg info "*netcaster*"

if you have removed any previously installed file info from opkg feeds, you can give the error when trying to update.

StuBFrost
07-08-12, 07:28
Since I've upgraded to 2.4 build 213 I keep getting the 'Upgrade available' icon blinking in the OSD and the LCD. When I go to Setup - Software Update it says 1 Package available to be installed. I perform the upgrade, reboot and after 5 minutes, the blinking icons reappears.

I had this problem on my Ultimo a few weeks ago. In the end I had to do a reinstall to stop it from keep telling me there were updates when there wasn't any.

Trial
07-08-12, 07:39
Hi,
it must be opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-netcaster

ciao

oregon
08-08-12, 09:44
I am not sure where to post a bug report, so I will write it here.

I have the this image on vu ultimo (latest build). I have found that after a few days of use, there is a problem with the sound. The sounds is really bad - bit like a cheap radio. I have to reboot the box to make the problem go away.

This only happens when watching though a SCART connection - when I am recording to an external dvd recorder. (although HDMI is enabled). Downmix is enabled in the audio menu. Sometimes, the problem can be resolved by switching downmix off and back on again. But, the problem always comes back after a while.

Please can this bug be fixed?

Many thanks