PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] New VIX Image Vu+ Uno Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

Larry-G
15-05-12, 19:23
http://i.imgur.com/Yt1FM.png
New VIX Image Vu+ Uno Version 2.4

15/05/2012 - Open ViX 2.4.96

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9265

From VIX Team

Enigma: 04-05-2012.
Enigma Plugins: 04-05-2012.
GCC Version: 4.4.4
Vu + Kernel Version: 3.1.1
Vu+ Drivers: 2012-02-28

All Users
A full flash is required for this version of ViX image. Because of extensive changes you will not be able to perform an online update or restore any settings/plugin backups.

New Features
Blindscan
Now uses RF values in GUI not IF.
C band searches possible.
Supports symbol rates from 1 - 45MHz.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
Bootlogo's
Now available for direct install via plugins feed.
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
USB DVB
Added dvb-as102 support (by Gennart1).

Skin
Brand New skin ViXBMC by markus625 added to feeds.
Native skins updated and optimised.
Instant Record from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features

Latest Drivers (28/2/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work.
Silverfox0786 for channel settings, picons and bootlogo's.
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Download

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds (Beta's) www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk)

Stable release below

DOWNLOAD HERE

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18172-New-VIX-Image-Vu-Uno-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

DeGea468
16-05-12, 19:25
Hi,

Nearly finished setting up the new image and just like to say that v2.4 is absolutely fantastic :thumbsup: great work by the ViX Team and all others involved.

The UI is amazing much cleaner look, I would name them but there are so many new additions and tweaks and there is even more customization than before.. I love it :)

Not one problem,bug or issue encountered.. Great experience so far.

Keep it up, outstanding work.

norhap
16-05-12, 21:30
first effort to thank all components of the team, on to my problem:

I did not recognize usb DTT

I downloaded the driver of my usb tdt, t hauppauge nova dib0700.ko win, I see it installed on:
lib/modules/3.1.1/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dib0700.ko

I rebooted, I've done a opkg upgrade and update but I still do not recognize it.

I do not appear in drivers for download, it seems that it is installed.

the log in screen installation gave me an error not found.

I have not activated the logs at home, I forgot to activate the debug log.

I rebooted, I've done a opkg upgrade and update but I still do not recognize it.

thanks..

norhap
16-05-12, 22:03
more things:
error 403
extension-> oscam.info

not allowed to change the http port, if you change / etc/enigma2/settings (for mine),
always put back a default, the 65536, Error 403 when always active menus.

read userdata from oscam.conf yes.=error 403

thanks

norhap
16-05-12, 22:56
edit.

umm, my fault, start with 0 followed by the port.

gerrykiddy
17-05-12, 10:19
Thanks for this great image but........ The ViXBMC skin looks great and really tidy but i cannot seem to get it to display ecm info. Sorry if this has been dismissed elsewhere but any info please

cbr900
17-05-12, 10:32
Are these transponders on:

asiasat 5 100.5°E with SNR: 85 %
DVB-S2/8PSK 12702 V 40700 2/3
DVB-S2/8PSK 12642 V 40700 2/3
DVB-S2/8PSK 12582 V 40700 2/3

Yahsat-1A 52.5°E with snr: 88%
DVB-S2/8PSK 11833 V 12420 3/4
DVB-S2/8PSK 12067 V 18750 8/9

Bader 26E 11881 H 27500 5/6 DVB-S2 8PSK

Eurobird 2 25,5E
11039 Vertical DVB-S Symbol Rate 1534 FEC 3/4

Express 53 E
12743 Horizontal Symbol Rate 2170 FEC 3/4

Koreasat 5/palapa D 113.0E
3786 Horizontal DVB-S Symbol Rate 5632 FEC 3/4

NSS 12 57.0E
11174 Vertical DVB-S2 8PSK Symbol Rate 1250 FEC 3/4
11571 Vertical DVB-S2 8PSK Symbol Rate 1250 FEC 3/4
11568 Vertical DVB-S2 8PSK Symbol Rate 2500 FEC 3/4

work?

rimas
17-05-12, 17:02
This image is truely amazing! :thumbsup:
I have a long experience using linux boxes (DM7020, DM800, now Vu+ Uno) and tried almost every image, what is available. New ViX is really special. Thank you very much!

I found a little cosmetic mistake in slim channelselection screen. ;)16905

Larry-G
17-05-12, 17:33
This image is truely amazing! :thumbsup:
I have a long experience using linux boxes (DM7020, DM800, now Vu+ Uno) and tried almost every image, what is available. New ViX is really special. Thank you very much!

I found a little cosmetic mistake in slim channelselection screen. ;)16905

Thanks for pointing this out, i'll make a post in the development forum so that we dont forget about it.

norhap
18-05-12, 11:25
first effort to thank all components of the team, on to my problem:

I did not recognize usb DTT

I downloaded the driver of my usb tdt, t hauppauge nova dib0700.ko win, I see it installed on:
lib/modules/3.1.1/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dib0700.ko

the log in screen installation gave me an error not found.

thanks..

other users with problems on skewers tdt, this time in VU SOLO with volar green.

installation from the panel fails, but puts the driver but it is not correct.
@mongoose

good

I installed this picture and I can not operate the DTT ..
I tested with a volar and a pinnacle nano tuners and do not appear even though I think I've installed the drivers from the panel of VIX
Is there any option to activate them is beyond me?

MKD
18-05-12, 14:29
Not sure if this is a big ir not but installing DVD Player from plugins does not seem to show up in plugins list , the DVD backup installs ok. its just i use my Uno to play mt DVDs via a USB Drive too (VTI image it was ok).

no error logs have been writen so i'm not sure what this can be.

Larry-G
18-05-12, 14:47
Not sure if this is a big ir not but installing DVD Player from plugins does not seem to show up in plugins list , the DVD backup installs ok. its just i use my Uno to play mt DVDs via a USB Drive too (VTI image it was ok).

no error logs have been writen so i'm not sure what this can be.

you do not need to install the DVD player as the default media player in the ViX image plays .ISO files just fine. as for the DVD player not showing in the menu as far as i am aware thats not supposed to happen all it does is add the ability to play dvd's in the media player, which as i said is already possible directly from the image with no need to add plugins.

MKD
18-05-12, 14:58
ok thanks :)

Also anyone having problems with creating a swap file on /media/usb , making one on /media/hdd is fine within the ViX settings

Larry-G
18-05-12, 14:59
ok thanks :)

Also anyone having problems with creating a swap file on /media/usb , making one on /media/hdd is fine within the ViX settings

is there any particular reason for you creating a SWAP file ?. creating a SWAP file is generally not needed unless there is a valid reason to do so.

MKD
18-05-12, 20:17
just out of habit i guess , not to worry thou :baby:

DeGea468
21-05-12, 00:03
Just wanted to quickly ask.. I don't feel comfortable loading unstable updates onto my Uno for a few reasons.

I have the setting turned off by default which i assume means that my Uno won't alert me when a unstable release is available and therefore won't download it.

However when the next update was available i got alerted to this via the infobar.

In the thread the next update says .112, But .111 is also mentioned.. now there is .119

I assume .112 is stable, .119 is stable and .111 is unstable? when i went to the openvix site i don't see .111? so was .111 a typo and .112 is unstable/untested?

Sorry all this might be a bit obvious but i got a bit confused.

andyblac
21-05-12, 00:08
Just wanted to quickly ask.. I don't feel comfortable loading unstable updates onto my Uno for a few reasons.

I have the setting turned off by default which i assume means that my Uno won't alert me when a unstable release is available and therefore won't download it.

However when the next update was available i got alerted to this via the infobar.

In the thread the next update says .112, But .111 is also mentioned.. now there is .119

I assume .112 is stable, .119 is stable and .111 is unstable? when i went to the openvix site i don't see .111? so was .111 a typo and .112 is unstable/tested?

Sorry all this might be a bit obvious but i got a bit confused.

yes, 112 was set to unstable short time until we had chance to test it, as it turned out it was stable, as is 119.

DeGea468
21-05-12, 00:15
Oh i see, Thanks for clearing that up andyblac.. So .112 was unstable, but once it become stable i was alerted to it as it was now a stable build.. I thought i was being alerted to update to an unstable build as the thread seemed to label it as unstable (which is why i was unsure) when in fact it was now stable.

andyblac
21-05-12, 00:19
Oh i see, Thanks for clearing that up andyblac.. So .112 was unstable, but once it become stable i was alerted to it as it was now a stable build.. I thought i was being alerted to update to an unstable build as the thread seemed to label it as unstable (which is why i was unsure) when in fact it was now stable.
yup, unlike pli nightlies, i did code stuff to allow you guys to choose whether to allow unstable updates or not.

fintannl
21-05-12, 00:35
back to 2.3.133 again. too much blipping on tv. assume its the new kernel that is causing the problem. best wishes with your new image. know the kernel problems must be a bitch to solve :-(

basilyoung
21-05-12, 00:38
no...if you are using CCcam...disable auto start

fintannl
21-05-12, 00:47
have used oscam for ages. wanted to try new xbmc skin so switched to new version. since then constant vix spinning on channel change. on top of that is the freezing that occurs on a very irregular basis but never happens ever on previous image. so thanks but not this time

andyblac
21-05-12, 00:50
have used oscam for ages. wanted to try new xbmc skin so switched to new version. since then constant vix spinning on channel change. on top of that is the freezing that occurs on a very irregular basis but never happens ever on previous image. so thanks but not this time

i use oscam here, and have no such issues, please try bare image i.e. NO EXTRA plugins installed, (apart from oscam)

fintannl
21-05-12, 01:14
don't use any plugins, all i do is load oscam version that i trust, config files, bouquets and settle on the vix night skin. have even removed picons just to see if that is the prob. as said not a constant problem but over the last days it is evident

Larry-G
21-05-12, 09:33
well and i'm just thinking out loud here but what version of oscam are you using ?. i'm not sure if it has any relevance as i dont use oscam my self.

fintannl
21-05-12, 11:06
version is 6033. have used this for a long time now without any prob. of course in my own stupidity I never checked the logs to see if there was anything evident. will report back if i see anything there

DeGea468
22-05-12, 20:09
yup, unlike pli nightlies, i did code stuff to allow you guys to choose whether to allow unstable updates or not.
You doing the coding to allow us to choose whether to allow unstable updates or not is appreciated and not just by me, Thank you.

I noticed that build .124 is live but settings, bootlogo's and picons by silverfox0786 were removed. This doesn't sounds good as silverfox wasn't able to update the setting's and picons at the start of this month.

I really like ALICE picons by silverfox, They go perfectly with the ViX_Night_HD. I hope silverfox is not leaving as i'd like the work done for the ALICE picons to continue

Larry-G
22-05-12, 20:23
You doing the coding to allow us to choose whether to allow unstable updates or not is appreciated and not just by me, Thank you.

I noticed that build .124 is live but settings, bootlogo's and picons by silverfox0786 were removed. This doesn't sounds good as silverfox wasn't able to update the setting's and picons at the start of this month.

I really like ALICE picons by silverfox, They go perfectly with the ViX_Night_HD. I hope silverfox is not leaving as i'd like the work done for the ALICE picons to continue

unfortunately that is something which is beyond our control. MR. Mister will be taking up the reigns as far as the ViX E2 sky uk bouquets go but as for the picons there is nothing we can really do about that. Try using the SGTFlipFlop picons they are very regularly updated and look rather nice with the ViX HD skins.

DeGea468
22-05-12, 21:28
unfortunately that is something which is beyond our control. MR. Mister will be taking up the reigns as far as the ViX E2 sky uk bouquets go but as for the picons there is nothing we can really do about that. Try using the SGTFlipFlop picons they are very regularly updated and look rather nice with the ViX HD skins.That's not good, Wish someone from the ViX team could take over the picons, They are the only picons that fit perfectly with the ViX Skin.. I have tried SGTFlipFlop and they do indeed look good but they don't fit in with the ViX Skin. I hope silverfox comes back

Sicilian
23-05-12, 13:09
That's not good, Wish someone from the ViX team could take over the picons, They are the only picons that fit perfectly with the ViX Skin.. I have tried SGTFlipFlop and they do indeed look good but they don't fit in with the ViX Skin. I hope silverfox comes back

Checkout the Zoka picons ;)