PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] New VIX Image Vu+ Duo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

Pages : [1] 2 3

Larry-G
15-05-12, 19:19
http://i.imgur.com/Yt1FM.png
New VIX Image Vu+ DUO Version 2.4

15/05/2012 - Open ViX 2.4.96

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8205

From VIX Team

Enigma: 04-05-2012.
Enigma Plugins: 04-05-2012.
GCC Version: 4.4.4
Vu + Kernel Version: 3.1.1
Vu+ Drivers: 2012-02-28

If you have not already done so you will need to flash the latest bootloader

All Users

A full flash is required for this version of ViX image. Because of extensive changes you will not be able to perform an online update or restore any settings/plugins backups.

New Features
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
Bootlogo's
Now available for direct install via plugins feed.
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
USB DVB
Added dvb-as102 support (by Gennart1).

Skin
Brand New skin ViXBMC by markus625 added to feeds.
Native skins updated and optimised.
Instant Record from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features

Latest Drivers (28/2/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work.
Silverfox0786 for channel settings, picons and bootlogo's.
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Download

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds (Beta's) www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk)

Stable release below

Bootloader for those that need it is the first file

DOWNLOAD HERE

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18171-New-VIX-Image-Vu-Duo-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

mickbrush
15-05-12, 19:39
downloaded and waiting for eastenders to end lol

Mr. Mister
15-05-12, 19:50
downloaded and waiting for eastenders to end lol

Ohhh.. The pain... lmao

Yido
15-05-12, 20:13
Thank You putting this on now

Yido
15-05-12, 20:31
Where do I find ViXBMC by markus625?

cheers,

Maxwell
15-05-12, 20:34
goto Plugins downloads>vix

andy2110
15-05-12, 20:38
anyone got an screens of the new skin

Maxwell
15-05-12, 20:40
anyone got an screens of the new skin

Faster to just try it than wait for someone to do some captures and upload them

andy2110
15-05-12, 20:45
Faster to just try it than wait for someone to do some captures and upload them

i would do but i am barred from touching the boxes till my bitch has finished watching shite on tv haha

micscave
15-05-12, 20:48
Thanks a lot, can't wait to try it.

regarto
15-05-12, 20:52
Thanks a lot to the ViX team for a new great image.

By the way I cant find where to select the slim channel selection. I can see its present in the Vix Night HD skin.

Further I cant find where to select second infobar on first OK press.

Foxylady
15-05-12, 20:52
Definitely trying this out, not yet thou as the wench is watching embarrassing bodies :eek:

andys0506
15-05-12, 20:56
Does this fix the memory leak issue?

XRD
15-05-12, 20:57
Pic of the new OSD, not a fan of the font or the light grey overlay on the current program! No picon as I hadn't uploaded them yet.

http://i.imgur.com/hdCl7.png

Larry-G
15-05-12, 20:58

no thats something Vu need to sort out, although why not just back up your current image and give this one a try to see if it increases stability as very FEW boxes are even affected by the memory leak.

Sicilian
15-05-12, 20:59
Pic of the new OSD, not a fan of the font or the light grey overlay on the current program! No picon as I hadn't uploaded them yet.

http://i.imgur.com/hdCl7.png

Its not a new OSD/Skin, just new infobar layout. Just a variation of ViX Night HD.

You could always create what you like and we'll add it to the feeds for others :) After all we cant please everyone :)

XRD
15-05-12, 21:01
Couple more pics for you all:

http://i.imgur.com/Nu7GU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/opMRN.jpg

XRD
15-05-12, 21:05
Its not a new OSD/Skin, just new infobar layout. Just a variation of ViX Night HD.

You could always create what you like and we'll add it to the feeds for others :) After all we cant please everyone :)

I know, I'm not having a go just pointing out my (very early!) first impressions. Everything else about the menus is much better, having mini 'help' info at the bottom is a great job. How would I go about editing the skin to see what I can come up with?

Found the skin editors... so how would I tweak the ViX Night HD skin a little?

mickbrush
15-05-12, 21:09
oohh auto resize picons:eek:

ea.xlns
15-05-12, 21:20
How do you change the event info time from 5 seconds? It used to be in the customise menu?

Thanks in advance

Sicilian
15-05-12, 21:21
How do you change the event info time from 5 seconds? It used to be in the customise menu?

Thanks in advance

Menu > Setup > System > OSD

dfdream
15-05-12, 21:29
XRD,

Since the last version of Image Skins havent been editable in the skin editiors...You'd have to use Notepad +++ or similar.
Not sure if the new versions are the same but I'd assume so.

D

I know, I'm not having a go just pointing out my (very early!) first impressions. Everything else about the menus is much better, having mini 'help' info at the bottom is a great job. How would I go about editing the skin to see what I can come up with?

Found the skin editors... so how would I tweak the ViX Night HD skin a little?

Foxylady
15-05-12, 21:34
Can i ask if that xbmc skin a member was making a few month back available on this image?

Larry-G
15-05-12, 21:35
Can i ask if that xbmc skin a member was making a few month back available on this image?

yes if you look at the release notes on the first post it tells you so.

download it from the plugins, ViX feeds.

Sicilian
15-05-12, 21:35

Yes, hold down blue button > Green to download plugins > ViX ;)

fintannl
15-05-12, 21:38
all good, xbmc skin not to my liking so returned to vix night hd skin. all works to perfection. thanks guys

wazza_2
15-05-12, 21:43
i love the new vixbox night skin and works well with the transparent picon looks fresh, thanks keep up the good work

XRD
15-05-12, 21:45
In my first foray into skinning, I appear to have already broken the Vix_Night_HD skin... is there a way to restore the skin/redownload?

Larry-G
15-05-12, 21:47
oh dear me, you did remember to make a backup first ?

you can download the ViX Day HD skin directly from the plugin feeds if thats any help.

XRD
15-05-12, 21:50
I have plenty of backups just wondered if there was a quick way of doing it. I've got the Day HD skin ta. Oh well...

kilteragh
15-05-12, 21:59
I did this before but it doesn't seem to want to work for me now.

I should flash the bootloader right? - Put nothing but the bootloader file at vuplus folder level on the usb key, insert it and turn on the machine. It says reading usb then goes straight into startup mode and the box starts up.

I've tried going straight to the image on the usb key at the vuplus folder level but it doesn's read it. Starts up the box and I can see my channels.

Am I doing something wrong?

Maxwell
15-05-12, 22:01
make sure your usb stick is formatted as FAT32, have you got another stick you can try

kilteragh
15-05-12, 22:03
make sure your usb stick is formatted as FAT32, have you got another stick you can try

I'll try reformatting it. Same as I used before.

Mr. Mister
15-05-12, 22:06
Do you have another usb stick in your box.. ?

If so.. then remove that also..

kilteragh
15-05-12, 22:09
No just one. Just tried it again. Completely ignoring the USB stick now and just going straight into startup. I'll have to try and get hold of another USB stick.

auvers
15-05-12, 22:22
I am new to the Duo but I see they mention "Blindscan"

does this mean that the duo is going to support it?

Larry-G
15-05-12, 22:29
I am new to the Duo but I see they mention "Blindscan"

does this mean that the duo is going to support it?

no and if thats in the release notes for the Duo then i apologise, the duo and solo dont have the required hardware support for blindscan.

Maxwell
15-05-12, 22:29
just to be sure about what you mean by vuplus folder level,

On the stick you have a folder called vuplus
vuplus has a subfolder called duo
duo contains the files kernel_cfe_auto.bin, root_cfe_auto.jffs2 and reboot.update

Also try leaving the power off for a good 3 mins before inserting the usb in the front slot and switching back on

kilteragh
15-05-12, 22:33
Got it sorted finally with another USB key (exact same type and make as another one that wouldn't work).

Looks good guys. Thanks.

auvers
15-05-12, 22:36
no and if thats in the release notes for the Duo then i apologise, the duo and solo dont have the required hardware support for blindscan.

damn

I was getting excited

Maxwell
15-05-12, 22:42

Maybe someone with admin privileges who is doing nothing for the rest of the night could edit the release and download threads
:roflmao:

Larry-G
15-05-12, 22:44
Maybe someone with admin privileges who is doing nothing for the rest of the night could edit the release and download threads

yeah i get the hint, you GIT.

Maxwell
15-05-12, 22:46
yeah i get the hint, you GIT.

:D:D:D sorry mate couldnt resist

micks_address
15-05-12, 22:47
If I flash this image can I restore my backup taken on 2.3 to restore all settings etc?

Ev0
15-05-12, 22:49

lolol lololol

Larry-G
If I flash this image can I restore my backup taken on 2.3 to restore all settings etc?

no. you can manually backup your config files and timers / auto timers files but dont try to restore a settings backup as it will cause you problems.

andys0506
Damn it, flashed the new image, restored settings, and it hangs like a bitch. Spinning VIX in corner every minute or so. Worse even than the hanging I get with 204??

Have I got a duff box or something?

Larry-G
15-05-12, 22:51
:D:D:D sorry mate couldnt resist

yeah well maybe if the bloke who made the release threads had done his job properly in the first place a certain admin would not need to go cleaning up his mistakes LMAO.

lolol lololol

And you can feck off n'all.

Larry-G
15-05-12, 22:52
Damn it, flashed the new image, restored settings, and it hangs like a bitch. Spinning VIX in corner every minute or so. Worse even than the hanging I get with 204??

DO NOT RESTORE SETTINGS.

it says this clearly in the first post.

This is a new image and must be setup from scratch.

Maxwell
15-05-12, 22:53

No you cannot restore settings from 204 you must clean flash and manually setup

im85288
Have to say a massive thanks to all who put effort into this image, looks really good a big step up in the user interface compared to any other image I've tried before. The xbmc skin is nice too, especially the guide part. Great work :thumbsup:

Rahat786786
How do i auto resize picons?

Huevos
15-05-12, 22:56

no thats something Vu need to sort out
Just to add to what Pheonix said, the reason that Vu have to sort this out is because it is closed source compiled code. Once code is compiled, if there is no uncompiled version released with it, it is not possible to read, fault find or amend that code.

Ev0
15-05-12, 23:02
And you can feck off n'all.

Thats not very nice :(

Rahat786786
15-05-12, 23:09
The picon sizes change when you press ok so is their a way to autoresize them?

regarto
15-05-12, 23:11
A few remarks regarding Vix Night HD skin:

SlimChannelSelection:
The title seems doubled with a bit offset. I guess you dont need to code the Title-widget when using the panel name="MenuPanel" which include title in itselfe.

IMDB:
The starsbar is displaying wrong numbers of stars. I guess you have to change size of <widget name="starsbg" and <widget name="stars" from "240,21" to "210,21".

andys0506
15-05-12, 23:17

Thanks will try again

Sicilian
15-05-12, 23:18

Read the release notes.

All Users
A full flash is required for this version of ViX image. Because of extensive changes you will not be able to perform an online update or restore any settings/plugins backups.

sunday96
15-05-12, 23:34
Does anyone know if this image will work for et9200? or could anyone point me to the right forum for the new image for et9200...

Cheers

Maxwell
15-05-12, 23:38
Does anyone know if this image will work for et9200? or could anyone point me to the right forum for the new image for et9200...

Cheers

Here you go http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18175-New-VIX-Image-ET-9x00-Series-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

garyblas
16-05-12, 08:51
This all looks very similar to my 2.3 version with the exception on the EPG current program is highlighted in yellow.
Is this new feature?

seancred
16-05-12, 09:15
Hi Guys,

Really pleased with the new image, thanks for all of your hard work. I know this is probably really straightforward but on 2.3 when I played recordings the programme name was displayed on my duo, now on 2.4 the display shows the remaining time of the recording. Can I change this?

Cheers

Foxylady
16-05-12, 09:55
Well after using all previous VIX images and lots of problems with ONLY the 2.3 version i went onto BH.
The "better the devil you know" springs to mind here and installed this new VIX 2.4 and alot of improvements.
I can say i am very happy indeed with it.
The highlighted channel in the infobar is a nice touch along with the picon in channel lists at the top when looking in fav's.
How can i get ecm to show in this version?
Looks like the creator as put alot of harder work into this one and should be appreciated for as such.
Nice work and best wishes :thumbsup:

garyblas
16-05-12, 11:35
What and where is the latest bootloader?
Is it the file duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip and how do i install?

andys0506
16-05-12, 11:41
Unzip it and stick it on an empty USB drive (FAT32 formatted) and whack it in the front USB port and switch the Duo on from the switch on the back. Takes about 2 mins

garyblas
16-05-12, 11:46
Ok thanks, only bought Duo about 2 weeks ago from this site and had bootloader/vix 2.3 image pre installed.
How do i check what my current bootloader version is?

Is their tutorial for putting new image on Duo?

Delagroov
16-05-12, 11:50
It is just a stickie in this section
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick

But first do the latest bootloader and after that done you flash the image

Sicilian
16-05-12, 11:52
Ok thanks, only bought Duo about 2 weeks ago from this site and had bootloader/vix 2.3 image pre installed.
How do i check what my current bootloader version is?

Is their tutorial for putting new image on Duo?

If it had 2.3, no need to flash bootloader.

How to flash http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick

danivtec
16-05-12, 11:52
Well after using all previous VIX images and lots of problems with ONLY the 2.3 version i went onto BH.
The "better the devil you know" springs to mind here and installed this new VIX 2.4 and alot of improvements.
I can say i am very happy indeed with it.
The highlighted channel in the infobar is a nice touch along with the picon in channel lists at the top when looking in fav's.
How can i get ecm to show in this version?
Looks like the creator as put alot of harder work into this one and should be appreciated for as such.

Nice work and best wishes :thumbsup:

ECM is there where you activate the 2nd infobar i.e press the OK button twice and it will show up.

killz187
16-05-12, 12:08
no. you can manually backup your config files and timers / auto timers files but dont try to restore a settings backup as it will cause you problems.

Just wanted to find out how do i maually backup my config files and timers/auto timers files?do i save them to my pc or on my box.If i flash the new image do i lose all the settings etc.

captain jack
16-05-12, 12:11
Guys, how can I have ECM info with signal levels displayed by default without having to press the OK button twice? Basically, the same as it was with 2.3?

Delagroov
16-05-12, 12:14
Depends on the skin and everbody has another wish/taste

In Magic-hd night u still have ecm info in first infobar..perhaps you like that one.

captain jack
16-05-12, 12:16
Sorry - I meant in the default VIX night HD skin.

Delagroov
16-05-12, 12:27
Yes i do understand, but again it depends on the skin.
In vix night hd you get ecm inof only in 2nd Infobar.

captain jack
16-05-12, 12:28
Will the VIX night HD skin from 2.3 work on 2.4?

andys0506
16-05-12, 12:29
Unzip it and stick it on an empty USB drive (FAT32 formatted) and whack it in the front USB port and switch the Duo on from the switch on the back. Takes about 2 mins

Sicilian
16-05-12, 12:29
Will the VIX night HD skin from 2.3 work on 2.4?

No it will not. The infobars have changed and been too many skin changes.

captain jack
16-05-12, 12:34
Yes i do understand, but again it depends on the skin.
In vix night hd you get ecm inof only in 2nd Infobar.

Hm, OK. Will try playing with the skin and see if I can "move it" to the first info bar.

The rest of the image is brilliant - seems snappier than 2.3.

Delagroov
16-05-12, 12:47
Hm, OK. Will try playing with the skin and see if I can "move it" to the first info bar.

The rest of the image is brilliant - seems snappier than 2.3.

Yes you van edit the skin, but after update it wil be gone.

garyblas
16-05-12, 13:20
What program can you use to edit skin and where do i get it?

Yes you van edit the skin, but after update it wil be gone.

Delagroov
16-05-12, 13:45
You need an editor like notepad++ or pspad to edit xml file.

There is an skin programm Eskinner, but you cannot use it cause in skin.xml templates are used and eskinner does not support this.

captain jack
16-05-12, 13:46
I am using notepad++. Will turn the updates off, so it doesn't affect the skin.

Delagroov
16-05-12, 13:49
I am using notepad++. Will turn the updates off, so it doesn't affect the skin.

I think you better try to make your changes into skin_user.xml and place that in etc/enigma2.
Perhaps that will work better and also you can update

I think you need this code and fill in the screen you want to change

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<skin>
<screen
</screen>
</skin>

Missing updates is not a really a good option.

captain jack
16-05-12, 13:52
Interesting. What's skin_user.xml? Do I simply put the entire edited skin.xml in that or just the changes?

Stanman
16-05-12, 13:55
Thats the file you need to edit, its in in etc/engima2 and you need to copy it to your desktop edit and put ba k in same locagion - at your own risk.

Delagroov
16-05-12, 13:55
You only put in the change for a specific screen..

i am not sure if it will work with Vix night-hd but you have tor try it

andy2110
16-05-12, 13:58
Just added the new image..so thanks for the hard work guys!

Looks a treat and hopefully will be without issues.

Thanks as always

captain jack
16-05-12, 14:37
Brilliant! It works! I've attached my skin_user.xml if anyone wants to try it. Put in /etc/enigma2.

I have the Uno, not Duo, but I don't think that would make a difference.

edogg
16-05-12, 14:56

your not supposed to restore the settings with this new image

edogg

annie12
16-05-12, 15:38
find it very sticky/slow any ideas?

mauri
16-05-12, 15:41
Hm, I DID restore settings - and it looks ok, except the permanent timeshift bug is still there (I get empty recordings when I try to save timeshift). While with VTI (latest build) that I tried the last few days, the permanent timeshift worked OK.
You saying that better reflash from scratch? I'll do that and come back again to post results.

StuBFrost
16-05-12, 15:45
Apologies if already discussed but can I copy the XML files that have my timers in to a new flash so I don't have to re-create them or will I have to set them up again ?

Stu

Maxwell
16-05-12, 15:49
Apologies if already discussed but can I copy the XML files that have my timers in to a new flash so I don't have to re-create them or will I have to set them up again ?

Stu

yes you can

Silent
16-05-12, 15:51
Loving it so far. Just been playing around with Sandman's VFD picons, resizing them to get them to display on the EPG menu, does anyone know how I can set the background colour to black? I'm sure I saw it last night, but maybe I was dreaming...

Also any way to stop the 'blending' as such on the info bar?

Thanks for all the effort, much appreciated.

Cheers
Silent

sivhead
16-05-12, 15:53
find it very sticky/slow any ideas? where are your picons stored if they are stored on your hard disk your hard disk willl spin up everytime you use the EPG. ensure that the PICONS are stored on an external usb key

Larry-G
16-05-12, 15:53
find it very sticky/slow any ideas?

Yeah I know what's wrong, Oh wait a miniute I don't appear to be psychic sorry.

andyblac
16-05-12, 16:23
Loving it so far. Just been playing around with Sandman's VFD picons, resizing them to get them to display on the EPG menu, does anyone know how I can set the background colour to black? I'm sure I saw it last night, but maybe I was dreaming...

Also any way to stop the 'blending' as such on the info bar?

Thanks for all the effort, much appreciated.

Cheers
Silent

here are what colours you set set:

"ServiceForegroundColor"
"ServiceForegroundColorNow"
"ServiceBackgroundColor"
"ServiceBackgroundColorNow"

"EntryForegroundColor"
"EntryForegroundColorSelected"
"EntryBackgroundColor"
"EntryBackgroundColorSelected"
"EntryBackgroundColorNow"
"EntryBackgroundColorNowSelected"
"EntryForegroundColorNow"
"EntryForegroundColorNowSelected"

"ServiceBorderColor"
"ServiceBorderWidth"
"ServiceNamePadding"
"EntryBorderColor"
"EventBorderWidth"
"EventNamePadding"

"RecordForegroundColor"
"RecordForegroundColorSelected"
"RecordBackgroundColor"
"RecordBackgroundColorSelected"
"ZapForegroundColor"
"ZapBackgroundColor"
"ZapForegroundColorSelected"
"ZapBackgroundColorSelected"

Silent
16-05-12, 16:32
Hi Andy

Thanks. Can I do this through a GUI somewhere which I can't find, or do I need to do it in an XML file?

Cheers
Silent

Larry-G
16-05-12, 16:34
Hi Andy

Thanks. Can I do this through a GUI somewhere which I can't find, or do I need to do it in an XML file?

Cheers
Silent

Yes it's a .xml file just having a brain fart moment and can't remember the name of it LOL

andyblac
16-05-12, 16:37
Hi Andy

Cheers
Silent

you can use in the user_skin.xml file. copy the GraphicalEPG screen in to it and edit to how you wish.

16-05-12, 17:10
Loving the update, very nice. :)

Can I ask what HbbTV is on the info bar?

Thanks.

Foxylady
16-05-12, 17:21
ECM is there where you activate the 2nd infobar i.e press the OK button twice and it will show up.
Yeah I know that is usual way.
I was on fta so nothing was showing lmao :D

doggie
16-05-12, 17:38
Thanks now going to try it.

Sandman
16-05-12, 17:47
Loving the update, very nice. :)

Can I ask what HbbTV is on the info bar?

Thanks.

http://www.hbbtv.org/

Its not available in the UK yet...

Conaxthewarrior
16-05-12, 18:33
A single question - flasing the latest bootloader would this mean installing fresh from usb then doing a complete satelite rescan?

Stanman
16-05-12, 18:37
No, you can just update the booloader without changing anything else, the only exception is the ET series when they changed the file name.

selondoner
16-05-12, 19:21
yes you can

Hiya, Where can I find the XML file for the timers? Just want to FTP in, back them up and replace when refreshed.

Larry-G
16-05-12, 19:33
Hiya, Where can I find the XML file for the timers? Just want to FTP in, back them up and replace when refreshed.

off the top of my head i think there in /etc/enigma2/

bhoywonder1967
16-05-12, 20:07
Deleted post.

bhoywonder1967
16-05-12, 20:08
Brilliant! It works! I've attached my skin_user.xml if anyone wants to try it. Put in /etc/enigma2.

I have the Uno, not Duo, but I don't think that would make a difference.

Thanks for that mate, was driving me mad.

I'm sure on previous versions we had the option for permanent 2nd info bar?

givecredit
16-05-12, 20:30
Many thanks to all who put in all the hours/days/weeks in putting this great image together. Well done to you all.

One question. The new feature on infobar: HbbTV, I notice when I tune to european tv channels that have this feature the HbbTV is highlighed in green informing me that HbbTV is available on the tuned channel. How do i access the HbbTV. Is a plugin required?

Larry-G
16-05-12, 20:33
Many thanks to all who put in all the hours/days/weeks in putting this great image together. Well done to you all.

One question. The new feature on infobar: HbbTV, I notice when I tune to european tv channels that have this feature the HbbTV is highlighed in green informing me that HbbTV is available on the tuned channel. How do i access the HbbTV. Is a plugin required?

I'm not sure but i think the Vu browser is required to access those streams and it's a massive plugin which at the moment cant be fully integrated into other boxes but the Ultimo ( or if it can it's a bloody big pain in the rear to do ). at least thats how i understand it.

killz187
16-05-12, 20:59
Just wanted to find out how do i maually backup my config files and timers/auto timers files?do i save them to my pc or on my box.If i flash the new image do i lose all the settings etc.

Rob van der Does
16-05-12, 21:11
The VU's do not yet support HbbTV. This function will probably soon be added.

cartman11
16-05-12, 21:38
Been waiting for this new image for ages but have to say it was well worth the wait!
All the problems I had with 2.3 seem to have gone and it looks and feels much slicker and stable, been really testing it tonight and never had a single problem..LOVE IT!!!!
Many thanks for all your hard work :thumbsup:

Larry-G
16-05-12, 21:39

if your using CCcam FTP to the /etc folder and copy the CCcam.cfg file to your PC. then FTP into the etc/enigma2/ folder and look for files with timers and autotimers in the names, copy those to the PC also. then when you have loaded the new image just copy them back to the same folders.

satmanbasil
16-05-12, 22:04
Hi guys

First of all andy and the team a big big WELL DONE for yet another excellent upgrade all went smooth on both my duo and solo receivers.
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed an overall improvement in picture quality with this upgrade looking at C+ and sky pictures look bright and sharp on my new samsung 3d set and my phillips led
Looked at the new skin which looks good but i wasnt a fan of the mini menu boxes having top scroll down so reloaded vix night.
Again great work look forward to the next release ....... but u can have a holiday first andy lmao

hex_inc
16-05-12, 22:24
Looking forward to installing this on my duo hopefully this weekend.

Just one question though...has the issue with the ram filling up and causing the box to run slowly/crash been resolved?

I saw a thread on here somewhere that had info on how to solve the problem but I can't seem to find it. Would be grateful if someone could link me.

beermat
16-05-12, 22:25
Thank you for the new image. A couple of observations so far:

1. Transmission client is not available from the plugin list.
2. When you press the remote control button to view the contents of recorded programmes and then press the exit button, the broadcast programme temporarily stops, screen goes black and then transmission is resumed. I don't seem to recall this happening on earlier versions.

Thanks,

basilyoung
16-05-12, 22:30
Looking forward to installing this on my duo hopefully this weekend.

Just one question though...has the issue with the ram filling up and causing the box to run slowly/crash been resolved?

I saw a thread on here somewhere that had info on how to solve the problem but I can't seem to find it. Would be grateful if someone could link me.

I have upgraded my VU+ and till now, the unit seems to be spot on, but having said this, its to early to say, as the real problem, is with VU+ not with the image, my advice is to upgrade, but the "problem" is actually only with a few units, pro rata to those that have been sold,
you wont be any worse off, and a lot to gain

dmgp
16-05-12, 22:43
Great stuff Andy! i unfortunately restored my backup before reading through the threads, it doesn't seem to be causing any problems at the moment so I might leave well alone for a while. I do miss the option for the permanent second info bar though, but I'll learn to live with it. Thanks again for everbody's hard work, it was worty the wait !

JimboM
16-05-12, 23:10
New image is looking good, quick question on the EPG though. In mutli EPG mode, when I scroll through the channels using the up down arrows, the cursor seems to jump around and doesn't always go to the program currently showing but instead jumps to the program that is going to be shown next. Is there anyway to stop this as the Mrs is moaning?

Thanks

CoolerMaster
16-05-12, 23:45
Many thanks for the new image and hard work put in. Cheers guys! Here's hoping to an end to all the crashing experienced in 2.3. Just a few questions on the skin and a suggestion. I really like the default Vix night skin, however is there a way to change the colour scheme? Would like to change the orange text to a nice blue :D Also with regards to the sizing, the skin is stretched out of the border on my samsung tv, unless I change the picture size to just scan, however the tv always defaults back to 16:9 when turned off. The skin resizing in the Vix menu isn't up to the job :confused: Just a quick suggestion, it would be nice to be able to preview the skins before installing them. A full screen preview is possible on blackhole, really useful feature ;)

Huevos
16-05-12, 23:54
with regards to the sizing, the skin is stretched out of the border on my samsung tvYou need to switch off overscan. Using that is also hurting your picture quality.

CoolerMaster
17-05-12, 00:21
Thankyou for the reply, where do I switch off overscan, in the tv menu or vix menu?

banie01
17-05-12, 00:38
I just flashed to 2.4 and must say...
Excellent work! :-) I'm loving it apart from my usual bugbear since 2.3.161...
I'm still having the issue where the 3d OSD options actually do nothing on the newer builds(161+)
The 3D OSD works on the 153 build flawlessly even autotriggers my TVs 3d mode when activated.
But on the latest VIX builds I've tried 161, 191 and 204 and now on the latest 2.4 it does diddly squat :(
As I use the 3d OSD quite a bit(mapped to a Macro) this

Its not much of an issue but I've flagged it a few times on previous release threads and so little has come of it I think I must be the only one using the 3D OSD! haha.
Its a small issue, but its enough to keep me on 153 .

I added a couple of my previous posts re: this issue and my macro setup.

Hiya folks,
Recently updated to 2.3 build 161 and since the upgrade the VIX 3D OSD no longer works for me
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Previously BlueButton>3D OSD>Side by Side>Green would kick the Vu into 3d output mode and my TV would autodetect the 3D mode.
In fact this worked so well i added it as a macro to my remote And stopped needing to access the TV function/Shifted softkeys to switch to 3D
But now, the 3D OSD has absolutely no effect whatsoever
No matter what I try the Vu Display just stays in 2D mode,
Now 3D is still usable via my 3D button on the TV but as the Vu 3D OSD isnt working my OSD turns to doubled/mirrored transparent garbage.
Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Ok Folks, Just an update, I've reflashed to 153 and the VIX 3D OSD works flawlessly
But just to satisfy my own curiousity I then upgraded to 161 again and the VIX 3D OSD once again failed to work.
As the issue only happens with 161 for me and is repeated after a reflash, I can only assume there is a glitch somewhere?
I'm hoping someone can confirm this for me, Anyone else having this prob? Or repeat it?

On the 161 build any setting in 3D OSD has no effect whatsoever(i.e no 3d OSD, Doubled infobar when in 3d mode), yet in 153 build works perfectly well and indeed auto triggers 3D on my TV.

Larry-G
17-05-12, 00:41
I just flashed to 2.4 and must say...
Excellent work! :-) I'm loving it apart from my usual bugbear since 2.3.161...
I'm still having the issue where the 3d OSD options actually do nothing on the newer builds(161+)
The 3D OSD works on the 153 build flawlessly even autotriggers my TVs 3d mode when activated.
But on the latest VIX builds I've tried 161, 191 and 204 and now on the latest 2.4 it does diddly squat :(
As I use the 3d OSD quite a bit(mapped to a Macro) this

Its not much of an issue but I've flagged it a few times on previous release threads and so little has come of it I think I must be the only one using the 3D OSD! haha.
Its a small issue, but its enough to keep me on 153 .

I added a couple of my previous posts re: this issue and my macro setup.

create a new thread of it's own with your problem as posting problems in the release threads can very quickly become lost in amongst all the other posts that are made.

basilyoung
17-05-12, 00:44
I was about to make a comment along these lines, as this is a "general" thread, any "single issues" need to be independant of this thread

fintannl
17-05-12, 01:05
ok, back to old version of vix. tv flickering on a regular basis. sorry

Larry-G
17-05-12, 01:09
ok, back to old version of vix. tv flickering on a regular basis. sorry

sorry but without more information about your setup that post is next to useless and unless we all develop psychic powers how are we supposed to find what the cause of your problems is ?.

fintannl
17-05-12, 01:26
appreciate phoenix, its kinda hard since there are no crashlogs. watched the local news tonite (rte1) and it was cracking up badly. so figured maybe it was just the program in question. then later switched to another channel and same problem. this is not to say that the problem is constant, it is very intermittent. Having said that I have setup everything exactly as before (oscam and everything else) and have done exact same procedure thru all versions of vix. this is the first case of this problem. be aware i am using the exact same oscam binary as in the past

fintannl
17-05-12, 01:30
and before you ask, yes it is my local card

Rob van der Does
17-05-12, 06:44
I don't know what issue exactly you are talking about, but in this version it is impossible for recordings to go to flash.

Thank you for the reply, where do I switch off overscan, in the tv menu or vix menu?
Overscan is a TV-setting. Sometimes well hidden, sometimes having all kinds of fancy names.

OK, back to old version of ViX. TV is flickering on a regular basis. Sorry

Sorry but without more information about your setup that post is next to useless and unless we all develop psychic powers how are we supposed to find what the cause of your problems is ?
But still my crystal ball tells me that this can't be due to an image-flaw :nono:

Maxwell
17-05-12, 07:00
with regards to the sizing, the skin is stretched out of the border on my samsung tv, unless I change the picture size to just scan, however the tv always defaults back to 16:9 when turned off.

On a Samsung Tv assuming its a newer model Go into picture settings>screen adjustment and set picture size to Screen Fit, this will disable overscan.
On the Vu goto menu>setup>system>a/v settings and set Display 4:3 Content as - Just Scale and Display 16:9 content as - Letterbox.

dfdream
17-05-12, 07:03
Fintannl

Is it encryption break up or is it flicker on the TV.
Is it there in FTA channels.
Maybe a photo would help if its hard to describe.

appreciate phoenix, its kinda hard since there are no crashlogs. watched the local news tonite (rte1) and it was cracking up badly. so figured maybe it was just the program in question. then later switched to another channel and same problem. this is not to say that the problem is constant, it is very intermittent. Having said that I have setup everything exactly as before (oscam and everything else) and have done exact same procedure thru all versions of vix. this is the first case of this problem. be aware i am using the exact same oscam binary as in the past

Alanp
17-05-12, 07:52

Which version of Magic HD is this as it looks different to mine Thanks

Maxwell
17-05-12, 08:00
Thats not Magic HD thats Vix

Larry-G
17-05-12, 08:09
Thats the ViX Night HD skin which is the default installed skin in the ViX 2.3 / 2.4 images.

Alanp
17-05-12, 08:15
Thats not Magic HD thats Vix

Ok thanks just looks similar to magic hd before this update

edogg
17-05-12, 08:52
I would like to be able to just delete recordings I have watched rather that put them in a recycle bin and have to delete them from the bin is this possible it was in all other vix versions I have used

edogg

andys0506
17-05-12, 10:25
Hm, I DID restore settings - and it looks ok, except the permanent timeshift bug is still there (I get empty recordings when I try to save timeshift). While with VTI (latest build) that I tried the last few days, the permanent timeshift worked OK.
You saying that better reflash from scratch? I'll do that and come back again to post results.

Yep I made the mistake of restoring settings from 204 and it was awful. Did a fresh flash and setup from scratch - all ok :)

Rob van der Does
17-05-12, 10:32
I would like to be able to just delete recordings I have watched rather that put them in a recycle bin and have to delete them from the bin is this possible it was in all other vix versions I have used
Why would you want to delete them from the bin? That goes all automated, according to your settings.

andys0506
17-05-12, 10:43
Ok, so couple of things I've noticed over build 204.

Good:
*HDD now stops spinning as it should
*More stable (memory leak gone?)
*Nicer EPG, now highlights whats currently showing in a different colour

Bad:
*HDMI-CEC - turns off Samsung TV but does not always turn on
*When watching a recording, in 204 the name was displayed on the box but now it shows the time elapsed and remaining

Maxwell
17-05-12, 10:57
Bad:
*HDMI-CEC - turns off Samsung TV but does not always turn on
*When watching a recording, in 204 the name was displayed on the box but now it shows the time elapsed and remaining

Any HDMI-CEC issues are not image related and are due to VU's closed source driver only they can fix it
Do you not know what you are watching :D see a few posts back in this thread about this

GAH2402
17-05-12, 10:57
Hi Guys,

Just switched over from 2.3 to 2.4, so far so good.

The new EPG layout is excellent!

Great work guys, my thanks to all involved!

GAH

Rob van der Does
17-05-12, 11:28
Bad:
That's good you mean!
You're supposed to know what you're watching, so displaying a name is displaying non-info.

garyblas
17-05-12, 12:32
Are there any plans or is their a way to make the EPG same as sky planner i.e having listings/titles " HD, Movies, Sport etc. " above the EPG ?
Currently when i press EPG button i first have to select listing from bouquet.

edogg
17-05-12, 12:33
Why would you want to delete them from the bin? That goes all automated, according to your settings.

Ok I have now found the setting to just delete instead of use a recycle bin

AP2
17-05-12, 12:46
Liking the new image a lot, much slicker than 2.3 a big thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

garyblas
17-05-12, 12:52
When i install new vix 2.4, do i have to initialise my HDD or just remount?

Maxwell
17-05-12, 13:08
just remount, if you initialise you will lose anything on there

CoolerMaster
17-05-12, 15:53
Ok turns out my TV refuses to stay on Just Scan :( It keeps reverting back to 16:9, been on the phone to Samsung, it's a problem with the older models, the newer models are fine. :fart2: Would someone be kind enough to help me out on how to edit font colours in skins, not done any coding before. Would just like to change the orange/yellow colour font which shows epg on Vix Night HD in the channel list to blue :D Thanks in advance

Rob van der Does
17-05-12, 18:08
Would someone be kind enough to help me out on how to edit font colours in skins, not done any coding before. Would just like to change the orange/yellow colour font which shows epg on Vix Night HD in the channel list to blue :D Thanks in advance
Not the answer you are waiting for, but: best way is trial & error. If you download Magic-HD (via the feeds), open the skin.xml with a suitable editor (PSPad or Notepad++), compare it with the skin.xml in ViX-Night and look at the desired screen....... you have a starting point then.
Always make backups before trying out stuff like this!

Stanman
17-05-12, 19:43
Thank you for the new image. A couple of observations so far:

1. Transmission client is not available from the plugin list.
2. When you press the remote control button to view the contents of recorded programmes and then press the exit button, the broadcast programme temporarily stops, screen goes black and then transmission is resumed. I don't seem to recall this happening on earlier versions.

Thanks,

Earlier versions it did not go to live TV after a recording was stopped, it does now thats why theres a monetarily black screen

Stanman
17-05-12, 19:46

edogg

Set the size of the "use for recordings" settings to the maximum size of your HDD and it will auto delete them

vu-duo-user
17-05-12, 19:48
Great work guys for the image and also for the 26 online updates. All working very smoothly.

Foxylady
17-05-12, 22:50
http://www.hbbtv.org/

Its not available in the UK yet...

It is working on friends et9000, thou not uk of course, is it not available for the duo?

Larry-G
17-05-12, 22:52
It is working on friends et9000, thou not uk of course, is it not available for the duo?

no not on the Vu hardware yet.

sivhead
17-05-12, 23:09
On channel change in the Magic-HD skin when I zap to a channel or just press the ok button whilst on a channel I get extra buttons which I would like to hide.
THe buttons are
Single EPG (red) Timers (green) Search (orange) Extensions (blue)
I am pretty sure they were not in the old image

Can these buttons be hidden from the menus or are they a permanent feature of the skin ?

fintannl
18-05-12, 00:30
apologies. seems the problem had was actually due to a game setting on the tv which intensifies the brightness of the screen. It seems the TV has difficulty maintaining this game setting for an extended period of time and starts to play up. My son had changed to this setting but when I I put it back to normal mode everything has been fine. apologies for the inference that this was a vix problem

Larry-G
18-05-12, 00:34
apologies. seems the problem had was actually due to a game setting on the tv which intensifies the brightness of the screen. It seems the TV has difficulty maintaining this game setting for an extended period of time and starts to play up. My son had changed to this setting but when I I put it back to normal mode everything has been fine. apologies for the inference that this was a vix problem

well at least you know now.

clancger
18-05-12, 01:34
I upgraded yesterday, (from v 204) including the online updates this evening, all was working fine.

I was watching a film a little while ago, a separately provided .avi file, and was almost at the end of approx 3 hour movie when the box suddenly rebooted and is now stuck on starting (on screen) and Vu+ in the display. I can't access via telnet.
Am I going to have to reflash? Any ideas?

Scratch that, after being stuck as described for approx 15 mins, all of a sudden the box sprang back into life. Longest boot-up I've ever seen. Now it appears to be working properly again.

Rob van der Does
18-05-12, 05:34
On channel change in the Magic-HD skin when I zap to a channel or just press the ok button whilst on a channel I get extra buttons which I would like to hide.
THe buttons are Single EPG (red) Timers (green) Search (orange) Extensions (blue)
I am pretty sure they were not in the old image
Can these buttons be hidden from the menus or are they a permanent feature of the skin ?
LoL, they were there a long time ago; I removed them as being not needed, then I got many requests to get them back again, and now.....
I can't please all, as you see.

Anyway: good to see that you sorted it!

I upgraded yesterday, (from v 204) including the online updates this evening, all was working fine.
I was watching a film a little while ago, a separately provided .avi file, and was almost at the end of approx 3 hour movie when the box suddenly rebooted and is now stuck on starting (on screen) and Vu+ in the display. I can't access via telnet.
Am I going to have to reflash? Any ideas?
Scratch that, after being stuck as described for approx 15 mins, all of a sudden the box sprang back into life. Longest boot-up I've ever seen. Now it appears to be working properly again.
Hmmm, doesn't sound good. Anyway: a crash means a crashreport: please provide that to us.

annie12
18-05-12, 05:51
Thanks sivhead thats were the problem was..now using usb drive ..
ps fantastic image great work guys....

penfolduk
18-05-12, 08:00
getting a restart on starting cam mgcamd 1.38 from vix softcam menu

didnt do it in vix 2.3

Sicilian
18-05-12, 08:10
getting a restart on starting cam mgcamd 1.38 from vix softcam menu

didnt do it in vix 2.3

Looks like a skin error, try with ViX Night HD.

edogg
18-05-12, 08:21
When i install new vix 2.4, do i have to initialise my HDD or just remount?

you dont need to do anything to the hdd or usb as long as they were correctly mounted on the 2.4 image they will still be mounted when the new image is booted

Rob van der Does
18-05-12, 08:50
Looks like a skin error, try with ViX Night HD.
It is indeed a skin error; I hope the author of the skins picks this up.

sivhead
18-05-12, 13:06
LoL, they were there a long time ago; I removed them as being not needed, then I got many requests to get them back again, and now.....
I can't please all, as you see.

So it is part of the skin then. I would have turned it off it was in the menus. The buttons look ok in the VIX-HD Skin but looks out of place in the Magic-HD skin. Thats just my opinion. Even with the buttons in I am still going to stick with Magic HD Skin even if I am never going to use the buttons. :lifting: IMO its the best skin out of all the skins including blackhole, VTI, PLI (wait not pli as its in there too) Great image and great skin.... much appreciated. Dont change the skin for me you cant please everyone as you say...

Righthammer
18-05-12, 13:11
Guys I am having probems with CCcam ecm times from a local card using wireless networking (cc cam 2.2.1).I had the same problems with vix 2.3 on the new kernal. Funnily 2.3GM works with out any bother .Ecm times keep jumping from .190 to .350 to sometimes 2.345 with the resulting glitching ..why would ecm times jump rapidly on the new image when previous versions worked fine ..I have tried 3 dongles all with the same result (Belkin FD7050,vonets etc ).I have a nova -t dvb connected also .I am unable to wire the network so I will prob have to go back to 2.3GM to have a stable ecm time unless anybody has any solutions why the ecm times keep jumping all over the place when they should be fairly constant...(could this be related to the memory leak with some duos???)Love the new version by the way and would love to be able to use it if I got stable ecm times...:confused:

sale22
18-05-12, 13:53
As always great work guys, fantastic new image installed with no problems at all. :thumbsup:I only have one question though, I noticed from the image posted here (attached) that there are channels numbers in front of a channel names and I like that, but unfortunately the numbers are not appearing in my screen!? Any idea why? Thanks

Delagroov
18-05-12, 14:09
Channellist mode select menu/setting and enable it again.

I think default is on, probably you set it off

sale22
18-05-12, 14:16
Channellist mode select menu/setting and enable it again.

I think default is on, probably you set it off

Thank you :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
18-05-12, 14:20
..... Dont change the skin for me you cant please everyone as you say...
I just did........

squig007
18-05-12, 14:23
hi guys going to flash the new image .im using a really old vix image so how do i load the new bootloader first ?

Tkr001
18-05-12, 14:31
hi guys going to flash the new image .im using a really old vix image so how do i load the new bootloader first ?

Exactly the same way you flash a new image. Copy the vuplus folder and contents to an empty fat32 formatted memory stick and then boot from it. The bootloader doesn't take long to flash. Once done go ahead and flash 2.4.

Huevos
18-05-12, 14:32
Guys I am having probems with CCcam ecm times from a local card using wireless networking (cc cam 2.2.1).I had the same problems with vix 2.3 on the new kernal. Funnily 2.3GM works with out any bother .Ecm times keep jumping from .190 to .350 to sometimes 2.345 with the resulting glitching ..why would ecm times jump rapidly on the new image when previous versions worked fine ..I have tried 3 dongles all with the same result (Belkin FD7050,vonets etc ).I have a nova -t dvb connected also .I am unable to wire the network so I will prob have to go back to 2.3GM to have a stable ecm time unless anybody has any solutions why the ecm times keep jumping all over the place when they should be fairly constant...(could this be related to the memory leak with some duos???)Love the new version by the way and would love to be able to use it if I got stable ecm times...:confused:No cardsharing talk (WAN or LAN). Please read the forum rules in the menu above.

Righthammer
18-05-12, 16:11
No cardsharing talk (WAN or LAN). Please read the forum rules in the menu above.
sorry was just using the ecm times to show that the wireless networking was not responding as quickly as in previous versions ..:confused:

sivhead
18-05-12, 16:52
I just did........

Wicked How do I get the updated skin?

Larry-G
18-05-12, 17:02

it will come with the next build, which wont be long.

raedkuwait
18-05-12, 22:56
hi guys great image so far, but i think for some reason the HD picture is not as sharp as before ?!

basilyoung
18-05-12, 23:31
hi guys great image so far, but i think for some reason the HD picture is not as sharp as before ?!

thats interesting, in that others report the opposite view, and this is the first ( as far as I know ) report regarding poorer HD quality

Mr. Mister
19-05-12, 03:35

Try changing your HDMI cable..

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 05:03
There's no image-related reason why PQ would be different at all, be it better or worse).

MarsArtis
19-05-12, 07:51
Before trying to intall this version I'd like to know i there's any SD skin that can be installed over.
As Rob knows I'm very fond of his MAGIC skin. And hopefully I would like to use it over the 2.4 version because it's really easy reading font size on every menu.

OR does the new font sizing feature on the 2.4 applies on every setting of the VIX image?

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 08:10
Magic-SD is still available.

Adjusting fontsize is (still) limited to several items in several screens.

brundlefly
19-05-12, 08:26
just installed vix2.4 on vu+duo...image seems to be a lot sharper, however, channel changing is slower then blackhole 1.7.4, some channels dont clear, using mgcamd 1.35 and 1.38, need to keep restarting cams...picture appears..the n after a bit if i go back to some movie channels etc....they dont clear...need to do that again..

hanenyo
19-05-12, 12:02
This is a well done job. Thank you guys.

seancred
19-05-12, 13:04
Hi Guys,

Really pleased with the image, no issues at all up to now! Just a quick question, is there any chance that in future versions we will be able to view the EPG whilst a recording is playing back? I dont think it is possible at the moment(?)

Cheers

Mr. Mister
19-05-12, 13:53
some channels dont clear, using mgcamd 1.35 and 1.38, need to keep restarting cams...picture appears..the n after a bit if i go back to some movie channels etc....they dont clear...need to do that again..

This has to be to do with the wrong MGcamd installed..

Vix team have never made a MGcamd 1.38.. I also had issues with that and dumped it while testing..

Went back to the Vix 135a and all has been perfect since..

Use these softcams only for the Vix image..

Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images)

bally12345
19-05-12, 14:45
Noticed in EPG I have picons displayed as well as the channel name next to it. I cant seem to have just picons displayed and also dont see where the change the picon width.

Larry-G
19-05-12, 14:47
Noticed in EPG I have picons displayed as well as the channel name next to it. I cant seem to have just picons displayed and also dont see where the change the picon width.

while in the epg press menu to bring up a settings menu.

bally12345
19-05-12, 17:29
while in the epg press menu to bring up a settings menu.

I see you now have to disable service description and reduce the width from 280 to 100. Just incase anyone got squashed icons I find display 6 does the trick.

MarsArtis
19-05-12, 19:08
Magic-SD is still available.

Adjusting fontsize is (still) limited to several items in several screens.

Rob,
did you fix he errors I reported about the Magic skin here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6452-Magic-(E)HD-(Lite)-skins&p=128536&viewfull=1#post128536)?

MarsArtis
19-05-12, 20:35
Btw settings menù have really too small fonts with default skin and ViXBMC too.
I need to get close to tv when tuning Settings. Even on a 37" inch tv.

Is there a way to fix that? If i want to tweak the skin XML which are the Lines to point to?

Rob van der Does
19-05-12, 21:18
Rob,
did you fix he errors I reported about the Magic skin here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6452-Magic-(E)HD-(Lite)-skins&p=128536&viewfull=1#post128536)?
I think so (quite some time ago), but please report any errors you encounter.

MarsArtis
19-05-12, 21:58
I think so (quite some time ago), but please report any errors you encounter.

Ok thx for that. You did not ad vice about this further fix.

Anyhow I'm encountering this issue: while browsing for network Shares via Network browser I do find all the devices.
BUT if I choose my Mac ( NFS share) It does not collapse to show available Shares

andyblac
19-05-12, 23:27
Ok thx for that. You did not ad vice about this further fix.

Anyhow I'm encountering this issue: while browsing for network Shares via Network browser I do find all the devices.
BUT if I choose my Mac ( NFS share) It does not collapse to show available Shares

make sure you install NFS service ;)

MENU --> SETUP --> SYSTEM --> NETWORK --> NFS SETUP.

frank
20-05-12, 02:04
I've just installed the new VIX image, but I can't seem to download any software updates or download plugins. It says: "Sorry, feeds seem to be in an unstable state."

Is the online feeds down?

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 04:12
I've just installed the new VIX image, but I can't seem to download any software updates or download plugins. It says: "Sorry, feeds seem to be in an unstable state."
No, they are 'in an unstable state'. If you still want to use them, you should accept unstable updates (Menu --> System --> Online updates).

Larry-G
20-05-12, 05:35

no thats rite, we marked the 2.4-112 image as unstable as it is largly untested after a major update, you can still install this update but to do this you must tell the image you wish to install potentially unstable updates.

Menu > Setup > System > Online update > Set allow unstable updates to YES. make a backup first just incase.

Now just because it is marked as unstable does not mean there is any thing wrong with the image but were just being cautioush.

MarsArtis
20-05-12, 07:33
make sure you install NFS service ;)

MENU --> SETUP --> SYSTEM --> NETWORK --> NFS SETUP.

I forgot to say that I did install the NFS service.

regarto
20-05-12, 07:49
A few remarks regarding Vix Night HD skin:

SlimChannelSelection:
The title seems doubled with a bit offset. I guess you dont need to code the Title-widget when using the panel name="MenuPanel" which include title in itselfe.

IMDB:
The starsbar is displaying wrong numbers of stars. I guess you have to change size of <widget name="starsbg" and <widget name="stars" from "240,21" to "210,21".
1. The issue with SlimChannelSelection is fixed in 2.4.112 at least partially. I think a code line is removed by a mistake as the EPG icon now is gone.
2. I cant see any changes regarding starsbar in IMDB. Not a big issue but may be possible to take a look at it?
3. The last line in the label containing ExtendedEventDescription in Vix Graphical Epg Pig is cutted off half. Not a big issue but may be possible to take a look at it when you have spare time?

micscave
20-05-12, 10:54
Thank for the new image, it feels completely stable. I've not experienced a single crash / freeze since installing, where I was getting at least 4 or 5 every day with 2.3.204.

Up untill now there used to be an option for the program progress bar to be displayed in the info bar & I think you could switch it on or off.
Has this feature been removed as I can't find it anywhere?

Cheers
micscave

andyblac
20-05-12, 11:18
1. The issue with SlimChannelSelection is fixed in 2.4.112 at least partially. I think a code line is removed by a mistake as the EPG icon now is gone.
2. I cant see any changes regarding starsbar in IMDB. Not a big issue but may be possible to take a look at it?
3. The last line in the label containing ExtendedEventDescription in Vix Graphical Epg Pig is cutted off half. Not a big issue but may be possible to take a look at it when you have spare time?

1: i'll fix
2: i'll fix
3: looks ok here see below

andyblac
20-05-12, 11:20
Thank for the new image, it feels completely stable. I've not experienced a single crash / freeze since installing, where I was getting at least 4 or 5 every day with 2.3.204.

Up untill now there used to be an option for the program progress bar to be displayed in the info bar & I think you could switch it on or off.
Has this feature been removed as I can't find it anywhere?

Cheers
micscave

not for infobar only in channelselection screen. infobar has never had the option.

micscave
20-05-12, 12:04
not for infobar only in channelselection screen. infobar has never had the option.

Hi andy
I got this pic from the release page of 2.1 as I can't find a pic of 2.3. It clearly shows the progress bar above the signal strength. Maybe it has never been switch off and on able but was part of the info screen. No biggy but is there any way I can add it back

ILM16
20-05-12, 12:29
Slightly confused about the bootloader, as the text file says:

Rev. 3.0
- Increase the update usb file size to 128M Bytes
- Change the flash memory map(kernel size : 4M, /boot : 2M)

Is this necessary? If so, where do I do it.

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 12:31
Is this necessary? If so, where do I do it.
It's the changelog: it tells you what it does.

Larry-G
20-05-12, 12:32
The bootloader is required for use with all Kernel 3.1.1 based images, so if you were using any ViX 2.3 image build 153 and above you will be fine, That was just a reminder for those still using older kernel based images to update their bootloader first before loading ViX 2.4.

To flash the bootloader it's the exact same procedure as flashing a image and takes just a few seconds. You can get the bootloader in the release thread with the image.

ILM16
20-05-12, 12:34
It's the changelog: it tells you what it does.

Ah yes, duh. Thanks :D

The bootloader is required for use with all Kernel 3.1.1 based images, so if you were using any ViX 2.3 image build 153 and above you will be fine, That was just a reminder for those still using older kernel based images to update their bootloader first before loading ViX 2.4.

To flash the bootloader it's the exact same procedure as flashing a image and takes just a few seconds. You can get the bootloader in the release thread with the image.

I was running 2.3 so I won't need to use the bootloader, thanks for the help again.

Larry-G
20-05-12, 12:38
Ah yes, duh. Thanks :D

I was running 2.3 so I won't need to use the bootloader, thanks for the help again.

That depends on the version your running.

2.3 GM - 2.3-133 used the older 2.6.18 linux kernel so didnt really need the bootloader unless the images were over 64MB in size.
2.3-153 - 2.3-204 Use the new 3.1.1 linux kernel so need the bootloader weather the image is over 64MB in size or not.

ILM16
20-05-12, 12:43
That depends on the version your running.

2.3 GM - 2.3-133 used the older 2.6.18 linux kernel so didnt really need the bootloader unless the images were over 64MB in size.
2.3-153 - 2.3-204 Use the new 3.1.1 linux kernel so need the bootloader weather the image is over 64MB in size or not.

I was using the 3.1.1 kernel, I remember that.

Finally, as the OP says you can't restore settings/plugins, do I manually have to add all my stuff again, like the tuner settings etc? :(

Larry-G
20-05-12, 12:48
yes thats the best thing to do as there are a lot of changes in 2.4.

i find it best to keep copies of all my usual plugins in one place on a memory stick so when i do need to do a fresh reflash with no restored plugins it only takes me 10 minutes to do.

ILM16
20-05-12, 12:51
Thanks, well I have all my softcams already saved so that's easy to upload, I'll just redownload the plugins I use, there are only like 5. :)

andyblac
20-05-12, 13:44
Hi andy
I got this pic from the release page of 2.1 as I can't find a pic of 2.3. It clearly shows the progress bar above the signal strength. Maybe it has never been switch off and on able but was part of the info screen. No biggy but is there any way I can add it back

and still is see screen shot below

ea.xlns
20-05-12, 14:08

Can someone please tell me how to activate this slim channel selection? Thanks in advance

andyblac
20-05-12, 14:34
Can someone please tell me how to activate this slim channel selection? Thanks in advance

in channelselection screen press MENU, than goto settings and activate SIMPLE

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 14:39
Channellist --> Menu --> settings

ea.xlns
20-05-12, 14:40
in channelselection screen press MENU, than goto settings and activate SIMPLE

Thanks Andy, but it's still not working for me, I'm using the default ViX image...

Using an Ultimo btw, do I need to restart the box?

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 14:41
Thanks Andy, but it's still not working for me, I'm using the default ViX image...
You restarted the GUI after changing the setting?

regarto
20-05-12, 14:41

1. Nice, thanks.
2. Nice, thanks.
3. Looks like a misunderstanding. I was refering to EPG.

Foxylady
20-05-12, 16:03
Since using for few days now, not once had any faults whatsoever.
I noticed another update today, Just out of curiosity anything added of important or just slight bug fixes?
Best wishes :thumbsup:

Larry-G
20-05-12, 16:04
I noticed another update today, Just out of curiosity anything added of important or just slight bug fixes?

2.4 Build 112:

enigma2: HelpMenu: fix posible BSOD.
enigma2: fix 3D setting on Vu's.
openwebif: add new ViX setting menu to Menu Panel (still needs work).
picons: update zonka.cc to 2012-05-17
system: merge from PLi 18-05-2012 - this includes Linux 3.3 for ET's.
vix-skins: update transponder info for new PliExtraInfo, fix simple channelselection screen title.

Moo
20-05-12, 16:06
replied to the wrong thread... lol

Rob van der Does
20-05-12, 16:28
Easy for you to see for yourself on your box: ViX --> Update then 'see changes'.

Larry-G
20-05-12, 16:30
or look in the release threads as its also posted there.

andyblac
20-05-12, 16:53
1. Nice, thanks.
2. Nice, thanks.
3. Looks like a misunderstanding. I was refering to EPG.

can i see a screen shot ?

andyblac
20-05-12, 16:54

you can view the release log before choosing to update ;)

micscave
20-05-12, 17:22
and still is see screen shot below

Thanks andy
I totaly missed that.

Cheers
micscave

MarsArtis
20-05-12, 19:00
Just a note about the unattended upgrade.
It would be better to show something like a progress bar during the upgrade process.

MarsArtis
20-05-12, 19:09
:mad:
just updated to 119
DUO restarted itself, showed the last tuned channel BUT the display still was displaying STARTING. Obviously not responding to remote commands I had to switch off manually.

No log was generated.

MarsArtis
20-05-12, 20:17
Some more news about network browser issues:
Besides NFS i've tried installing SAMBA and activated samba sharing on the Mac.
The browser does not collapse hosts to show shares.

Anyway adding manually nfs shares works.

andyblac
20-05-12, 20:36
Some more news about network browser issues:
Besides NFS i've tried installing SAMBA and activated samba sharing on the Mac.
The browser does not collapse hosts to show shares.

Anyway adding manually nfs shares works.

i have no issues here and i only use macs,

Larry-G
20-05-12, 20:44
:mad:
just updated to 119
DUO restarted itself, showed the last tuned channel BUT the display still was displaying STARTING. Obviously not responding to remote commands I had to switch off manually.

No log was generated.

which is why we tell you to make a backup incase something goes wrong.

MarsArtis
20-05-12, 22:44
which is why we tell you to make a backup incase something goes wrong.

The issue is affecting me since the first install of 2.4.
Any suggestions?

Rob van der Does
21-05-12, 05:57
Just a note about the unattended upgrade.
It would be better to show something like a progress bar during the upgrade process.
That's not possible, hence the name 'unattended' :D
The GUI is not available, so the GUI can't show anything.

The issue is affecting me since the first install of 2.4.
Any suggestions?
No. During the many tests we did on 2.4 before releasing it, we never experienced something like that.
Best to post your crash-logs (if any) and debug-log.

sivhead
21-05-12, 08:15

Excellent performed the online update last night. The skin looks soooooooooo much cleaner great work...:thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
21-05-12, 08:34
... The skin looks soooooooooo much cleaner great work...:thumbsup:
LOL, for your eyes only....
But seriously: it's always a struggle to find compromises between all the user-wishes, and we simply can't please all. But in this case the choice was easy: I also like to see useful info only; I don't like screens being cluttered with all kinds of graphics etc that have no real meaning.

selondoner
21-05-12, 10:33
I installed 2.4.101 on Saturday and having backed up timers and cccam files I installed from scratch. It all went very smoothly (bar the Vu stuck on Starting.. after the first restart after install. This was due to the USB having old files on it. Formatted the drive, popped it back in and all was well again)

I really like the look of it and really feels like a step up from 2.3. Menus and EPG look great and the simplified info bar makes a lot of sense.

Been running for 48 hours and not a glitch and it seems much smoother and snappier while using it. Haven’t installed memclear or set up to restart every 24hrs and hoping I wont have to.

Thanks to the Vix team for their hours of hard work on this. Seems to me that the hours of testing have really paid off. :thumbsup:

cartman11
21-05-12, 10:36
Been using since upadate and love it but having problems with EPG not updating so turned off the HDMI controls (sorry cant remember its name) and it updated today! Also when watching recorded programs I could press ok to see the program info, this has gone is there any way to turn it back on? I am using the default Night skin!

Rob van der Does
21-05-12, 11:22
..... Haven’t installed memclear or set up to restart every 24hrs and hoping I wont have to.
Indeed: only use those 'work-arounds' if you really have to.

Rahat786786
21-05-12, 11:52
Just a heads up, downloaded build 119 yesterday and it was constantly crashing so reverted back to stable 96 build for now.

Larry-G
21-05-12, 12:31
Just a heads up, downloaded build 119 yesterday and it was constantly crashing so reverted back to stable 96 build for now.

you need to provide more information.

such as.

was this a online update from a previous version or a clean flash, if it was a update from which previous build ?.
what skin were you using at the time.
what plugins were you using? list all of them wether you got them from the feeds or otherwise.
exactly what was happening ?
was this on all channels of just FTA ?.
do you have crash logs or debug logs from this time and if so please upload them so we can look at them.

the more information you can provide the better chance we have of finding your problem.

dont get me wrong i appreciate your feedback but without more detailed information were just guessing as to the cause of your problem.

Rahat786786
21-05-12, 12:37
you need to provide more information.

such as.

was this a online update from a previous version or a clean flash, if it was a update from which previous build ?.
what plugins were you using? list all of them wether you got them from the feeds or otherwise.
exactly what was happening ?
was this on all channels of just FTA ?.
do you have crash logs or debug logs from this time and if so please upload them so we can look at them.

the more information you can provide the better chance we have of finding your problem.

dont get me wrong i appreciate your feedback but without more detailed information were just guessing as to the cause of your problem.

I would have provided a crash log but I didn't have it enabled so can you tell me how to do so for future problems?

I upgraded via the menu in vix from the last openvix build. I was using vix day HD. The plugins installed were all the default ones in addition to mgcamd 1.38 vix version which works flawlessly on 96 build. It was just random crashing, the image would freeze but i could still hear the audio of the channel. This happened roughly 4 times in the space of 2 hours. The remote wouldn't respond so I had to restart the box from the back. I thought it was a recording problem as I was recording another programme but I cancelled the recording and the box still crashed. Back to 96 build and no issues so far.

Larry-G
21-05-12, 12:41
well technically thats not a crash as a crash would have shown you a black screen with white text just before enigma rebooted it self, crash logs are enabled as default and saved to /home/root/logs/ debug logs however are set to off as default and only really need to be switched on if you need to log specific behaviour.

as to my original post

Rahat786786
21-05-12, 12:43
Above post edited with details mate.

Larry-G
21-05-12, 12:59
in such cases enable the debug logging feature and upload the logs it generates for the times affected ( logs are running constantly but only write to file once the box is rebooted ).

to enable. menu> setup> system> logs> settings.

debug logs will be saved to the same location as regular crash logs or you can send them directly from the logs manager.

MarsArtis
21-05-12, 13:25
No. During the many tests we did on 2.4 before releasing it, we never experienced something like that.
Best to post your crash-logs (if any) and debug-log.
No crash log at all.
The debug log should be there despite the crash log?

edogg
21-05-12, 16:15
I did an online update to 119 from 112 today and the infobar has lost all the information about channel /program now and next and snr/agc every thing in the grey overlay panels is blank using night hd skin
plugins as standard install no extra's
cross epg 28.2E