PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 800HD = pretty good

andy996tt
15-05-12, 17:24
Thought I would share my opinion of my new Technomate 800HD which arrived today.

Seems to be a lot of negative posts re this box. But I think its pretty good. All I wanted was a box for the bedroom which shows all the channels and CCCam compatible.

Loaded the most recent image and I've had no problems. All the channels I need are clearing.

I like the look of the box and think the build quality is good.

Will probably get flamed but that's my opinion

Cheers Technomate

Mr. Mister
15-05-12, 17:29
Hi buddy..

Yep.. I would tend to agree..

Just needs a little more support.. and you could have a good little box on your hands..

Just a pity that there not alot out there for it at the moment..

simon4545
16-05-12, 17:03
Hi there..

Ive have had a TM800 for nearly a year now and it's my first linux box, the one thing I like about it is the display which can display the channel name which most boxes can't, and the box looks nice. I have had a few problems with it especially the hard drive, sometimes when you set the timer to record sometimes "Disk full" can appear and the recording stops even when there is plenty off space left on it! (I have a 160GB drive connected to the internal sata port). Another thing when you playback a recording it can freeze and can also freeze if you use the rewind and fast forward buttons (Sometimes a green screen appears and you have to reboot). The media player plays back mp3's perfect but you can only playback one at a time, the playlist doesn't automatically play the next song, you have to select it by had which is annoying. The final problem is if you have a sky card in the internal reader it will freeze from time to time for about 15 seconds (I think this is due to the voltage the reciever uses for the card slot it should be 3v for sky cards not 5v which cannot be changed), I have recently solved this by adding an external USB reader and setting the frequency to 3.579 and the voltage to 3.3v on the reader and it does not freeze at all now. Besides all this I'm happy enough with this as my first reciever and I think this is a good enough box for a beginner to learn on, Hopefully Technomate will release a new image soon since we have not had one since december 2011 to fix the above problems including the timeshift function, its a well built reciever but has a few software problems for now. It should last longer than these cheap boxes which are made in china (Might buy on of these to see what they are like say a dreambox clone). Hope you have fun with your new reciever!

Sicilian
16-05-12, 17:05
It should last longer than these cheap boxes which are made in china (Might buy on of these to see what they are like say a dreambox clone). Hope you have fun with your new reciever!

Why even consider a clone when you can buy one of these badboys? http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Gigablue-HD-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receivers/GiGaBlue-HD-800-SE-HD800SE-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-Linux-Enigma-2-1x-DVB-S-S2

simon4545
16-05-12, 17:16
Hi!

Do you have one of these? I just had a look at this and it looks a nice box. Can it do everything that a dreambox can and are all softcams supported? I'm sticking with my Technomate for now but might consider something like this in the future.

Thanks for the advice.

Sicilian
16-05-12, 17:20
Hi!

Do you have one of these? I just had a look at this and it looks a nice box. Can it do everything that a dreambox can and are all softcams supported? I'm sticking with my Technomate for now but might consider something like this in the future.

Thanks for the advice.

Yes it does ;)